No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Two Holes on Rear License Plate

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So the Telluride rear license plate has two holes instead of four.
Yeah, and your point is? Is this a question or observation? Just use a license plate frame bracket. They usually give one out at every dealership. The foam prevents rattling.

Here's another potential solution if you want four screws holding your license plate in.

Cruiser Accessories 79150 Universal License Plate Mounting Plate, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00032K4VA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_wBd6DbWDXTSEV

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

blitt

Reaction score
Yeah, and your point is? Is this a question or observation? Just use a license plate frame bracket. They usually give one out at every dealership. The foam prevents rattling.

Here's another potential solution if you want four screws holding your license plate in.

Cruiser Accessories 79150 Universal License Plate Mounting Plate, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00032K4VA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_wBd6DbWDXTSEV
How about the front bracket....there are no holes in the bumper facia....somebody has got to drill those??

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
How about the front bracket....there are no holes in the bumper facia....somebody has got to drill those??
There are pre-drilled filled holes in front bumper to align front license plate bracket. Three screws. The bracket and screws should be in Telluride at purchase if not installed already. Mine was in rear lower compartment. I haven't installed it yet, but it's easy to do when I want to (if I ever receive a warning). Most if not all dealerships will do it when plates come in - if you're concerned about doing it yourself.

BARBONE

Reaction score

Sorry about that - my post was about two paragraphs long. I'm not sure how it got cut to just that one line.

Basically, I am looking for a bracket or some kind of solution where I could affix the plate to the car using all four screws. I have a really nice carbon fiber frame from WeatherTech and there's a slight rattle (even with the damper) when I go over a speed bump. A Google and Amazon search didn't turn up any useful info, so I was wondering if any of you had a workaround.

blitt

Reaction score
There are pre-drilled filled holes in front bumper to align front license plate bracket. Three screws. The bracket and screws should be in Telluride at purchase if not installed already. Mine was in rear lower compartment. I haven't installed it yet, but it's easy to do when I want to (if I ever receive a warning). Most if not all dealerships will do it when plates come in - if you're concerned about doing it yourself.
Thanks!!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry about that - my post was about two paragraphs long. I'm not sure how it got cut to just that one line.

Basically, I am looking for a bracket or some kind of solution where I could affix the plate to the car using all four screws. I have a really nice carbon fiber frame from WeatherTech and there's a slight rattle (even with the damper) when I go over a speed bump. A Google and Amazon search didn't turn up any useful info, so I was wondering if any of you had a workaround.
So the bracket I linked above on Amazon would appear to work (someone posted about using it on rear of Honda Accord). Else, for those carbon fiber ones, I've seen mounting brackets that go behind the plate. I use a Carbon Fiber bracket that has a thick bottom rim - and plate fits into that. No rattle with the foam. You could use some double stick tape on bottom of carbon frame and license plate to eliminate rattle, and fake screw caps on top of bottom holes to cover them. Just a thought.