No soliciting permitted.

Unexpected surgery behind second row seat

Sxg34

Reaction score
Got my Telluride S 2021 last week. This morning, while installing the all-weather floor mat in the third row seat (driver side), I removed the factory installed carpet floor mat and noticed a big patch on the carpet floor (see attached image). I am at a loss at what it might be. It seems like the factory made a big hole in the floor, fixed something underneath and then conveniently patched it up. Visiting dealer next Monday to get some answers, but thought I would let the community know about it. Let me know if you inspect your car and notice something similar.

Attachments

Last edited:

Frankie Knuckles

Reaction score
Got my Telluride S 2021 last week. This morning, while installing the all-weather floor mat in the third row seat (driver side), I removed the factory installed carpet floor mat and noticed a big patch on the carpet floor (see attached image). I am at a loss at what it might be. It seems like the factory made a big hole in the floor, fixed something underneath and then conveniently patched it up. Visiting dealer next Monday to get some answers, but thought I would let the community know about it. Let me know if you inspeact your car and notice something similar.
Wow. That’s just not right. Someone intentionally covered it up with the floor mats. Very deceptive.

Frankie Knuckles

Reaction score
Makes you wonder why they’d think that would be okay.
Exactly. I’d be asking for replacement carpet and something else for the deception and time to repair.

rbfromma

Reaction score
Got my Telluride S 2021 last week. This morning, while installing the all-weather floor mat in the third row seat (driver side), I removed the factory installed carpet floor mat and noticed a big patch on the carpet floor (see attached image). I am at a loss at what it might be. It seems like the factory made a big hole in the floor, fixed something underneath and then conveniently patched it up. Visiting dealer next Monday to get some answers, but thought I would let the community know about it. Let me know if you inspeact your car and notice something similar.
Strange for sure. Curious to hear how the dealer handles it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

mitchkramez

Reaction score
Are we sure this isn't normal? My Honda Pilot had this and it was a pre cut flap to access the fuel tank or something like that. Anyone else noticed this?

Sxg34

Reaction score
Are we sure this isn't normal? My Honda Pilot had this and it was a pre cut flap to access the fuel tank or something like that. Anyone else noticed this?
That gives me some comfort :) - Can someone else look for the same in their Tellys and report here?

Frankie Knuckles

Reaction score
That gives me some comfort :) - Can someone else look for the same in their Tellys and report here?
I certainly will. As soon as I get mine. Ugh

Kwim

Reaction score
Got my Telluride S 2021 last week. This morning, while installing the all-weather floor mat in the third row seat (driver side), I removed the factory installed carpet floor mat and noticed a big patch on the carpet floor (see attached image). I am at a loss at what it might be. It seems like the factory made a big hole in the floor, fixed something underneath and then conveniently patched it up. Visiting dealer next Monday to get some answers, but thought I would let the community know about it. Let me know if you inspect your car and notice something similar.
This is normal. In this place is the top cover of the gas tank and the gas pump. Therefore, manufacturers make an incision so that in case of breakdown or service there is access.

Next time have Kwim inspect it lol
Already examined, I also have this - this is normal, provided by the manufacturer. LOL

Last edited:

Sxg34

Reaction score
This is normal. In this place is the top cover of the gas tank and the gas pump. Therefore, manufacturers make an incision so that in case of breakdown or service there is access.

Already examined, I also have this - this is normal, provided by the manufacturer. LOL
Thanks to everyone who responded! I can sleep better tonight :).