Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

UVO App - My Experience (Mostly Positive)

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
After receiving the car last evening, I had a chance to play with the UVO App. It's a fully functional app which tells me many things about the car, and provides me ability to lock/unlock, remote start, and control the climate.

In sum: this is a good app. Not a great app because it is quite slow. But for something that doesn't cost anything, it is reasonable.

Any others want to chime in on their experience with the UVO app?

Trailblazer

Reaction score
I got my car this weekend and haven't downloaded the app yet. I wasn't positive which UVO app I was supposed to download.....it seems to be so new. Can someone advise?

Spesh

Reaction score
I haven't used UVO at all. The dealer was adamant that I set it up at the dealership, but I insisted I'd do it when I got my new Telly home. It made me wonder why they were so insistent on activating UVO. Turns out, If you activate UVO, their privacy policy states that they can sell all your data to basically whoever the heck they want.
Personally, I dont like sharing my searches, GPS location and my whereabouts to the highest bidder....
Many people could care less. But , I just thought I would throw it out there.
Cheers

Pinkharts

Reaction score
Interesting, I’ll keep an eye on it. I can’t find anywhere stating a price for the subscription after it runs out. Kinda strange
I can't find pricing either. I asked my dealer and she gave my ballpark figures because she didn't know either.

515EX

Reaction score
I may be missing something but I don’t see where I can remote start the vehicle from the app.. I see where I can control the climate and lock/unlock the doors, but nothing about starting it. Can anyone help?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Hatchmo75

Reaction score
You have to lock the doors from the app (always says unlocked regardless of whether they are or aren’t). Then you go into the climate section and change the setting or not and click the start button and then hit ok when the message pops up.

Attachments

515EX

Reaction score
You have to lock the doors from the app (always says unlocked regardless of whether they are or aren’t). Then you go into the climate section and change the setting or not and click the start button and then hit ok when the message pops up.
Thank you! I just tried it and it worked. Not impressed with the app though. It’s slow and not very user friendly. Hoping they get a work around for the fob sooner than later.

JoshuaR

Reaction score
Thank you! I just tried it and it worked. Not impressed with the app though. It’s slow and not very user friendly. Hoping they get a work around for the fob sooner than later.
I do have to say, coming from a Chrysler with UConnect, Kias app is like butter! With my Chrysler, I’d start my car on the app while finishing checking out in a store, and my car would just barely be starting by the time I got to it. Sometimes I’d get to the car before it even started. Awful! My Telluride takes maybe 10 seconds thankfully!