Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

UVO cost after free trial** update please disregard

CAsuKiHy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Haha I pay that much for Netflix hbo and Hulu and you have to pay this much to have app start you car. I know people will always pay for but I predict maybe 10% of owners. Which is still good number for them. All companies go for subscription packages nowadays I just budget.

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am not paying that much to just remote start, although I am only interesting in remote start, do not care anything else. I think KIA lost it by not providing remote start on fob, everything else is optional.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
I’m wondering what Remote charge is in the first package.. hoping that is remote start but have nothing yet that tells us what it is.

Jersey City Kia

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Wowowow. That is horrifically overpriced for what it is....
I agree and I challenged the KIA Rep about it when he came for Telluride training. My thoughts are that Car Executives know customers are paying after market company's upwards of 15 dollars a month for remote car starters. Here in the North East I've seen quite a few trade ins with these set ups.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Okay just talked to UVO customer service.. this is more or less an example and not final. The remote charge is for EV vehicles. Remote start will be a paid option.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Since this isn’t official will the first Admin that come across this please delete this post.. I cannot delete.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess for all those services, if those are available for $5/month or under (like $50/year) may be worth it.
I would realistically pay $3-5 a month TOPS to be able to remote start my car a couple months out of the year. I see no other benefit... I always know where my car is. What else would this provide me to justify being as much as my actual personal cell phone bill.

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would realistically pay $3-5 a month TOPS to be able to remote start my car a couple months out of the year. I see no other benefit... I always know where my car is. What else would this provide me to justify being as much as my actual personal cell phone bill.
You maybe able to obtain a discount on your insurance. Something to keep in mind.

Tellyride365

Reaction score
It would be different if this app worked even half the time. I'm a Kia sales rep in the central region and setting the UVO Link up and then having to be embarrassed when it never works how it's supposed to is getting old.

Jasondorin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It would be different if this app worked even half the time. I'm a Kia sales rep in the central region and setting the UVO Link up and then having to be embarrassed when it never works how it's supposed to is getting old.
good point @Tellyride365 as having a Tesla and seeing that app there is no comparison. It's slow to load and has to be manually refreshed. Plus almost impossible to read the type. Needs some user experience help.

Tellyride365

Reaction score
good point @Tellyride365 as having a Tesla and seeing that app there is no comparison. It's slow to load and has to be manually refreshed. Plus almost impossible to read the type. Needs some user experience help.
At my dealership I sell new Kia and Buick. I switch back and forth brands every other lease. Kia is so far behind GM when it comes to the application side if things it's sickening. Remote Link from GM absolutely destroys UVO Link. I really hope they fix all the issues. My Telluride should hit mid July.