No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

UVO Fees

25March2019

Reaction score
I was among the 1st in town to buy a Telluride (after waiting months for them to begin arriving), so I just received the dreaded info regarding UVO fees. My "complimentary trial" of the "Ultimate" pkg will end in a month. According to the e-mail:

the "Lite" pkg will be free for 5 years: My Trips, 911 Connect, Maintenance Alert & Remote Charge;

the "Care" pkg includes the Lite pkg, but for $9.99/mo or $99/yr includes: Curfew Alert, Vehicle Alarm Alert & Roadside Assistance;

the "Plus" pkg includes the others, but for $22.50/mo or $225/yr includes: Remote Lock/Unlock, Remote Climate (which is how you do remote start) & Find My Car;

the "Ultimate" pkg (free trial for 1st yr of ownership) includes the others, but for $29.79/mo or $297/yr adds Home-to-Car (Alexa & Google) & My POLs

Each pkg includes what they refer to as "And more!". I don't know what all of the mentioned features are, & there are lots of footnotes. I mostly want: Remote Start (via climate control), Remote Alarm & Remote Door Lock/Unlock, which would require the Plus pkg subscription.

SVoigt

Reaction score
I was among the 1st in town to buy a Telluride (after waiting months for them to begin arriving), so I just received the dreaded info regarding UVO fees. My "complimentary trial" of the "Ultimate" pkg will end in a month. According to the e-mail:

the "Lite" pkg will be free for 5 years: My Trips, 911 Connect, Maintenance Alert & Remote Charge;

the "Care" pkg includes the Lite pkg, but for $9.99/mo or $99/yr includes: Curfew Alert, Vehicle Alarm Alert & Roadside Assistance;

the "Plus" pkg includes the others, but for $22.50/mo or $225/yr includes: Remote Lock/Unlock, Remote Climate (which is how you do remote start) & Find My Car;

the "Ultimate" pkg (free trial for 1st yr of ownership) includes the others, but for $29.79/mo or $297/yr adds Home-to-Car (Alexa & Google) & My POLs

Each pkg includes what they refer to as "And more!". I don't know what all of the mentioned features are, & there are lots of footnotes. I mostly want: Remote Start (via climate control), Remote Alarm & Remote Door Lock/Unlock, which would require the Plus pkg subscription.
I believe that you get UVO services free for the first year, then you start paying for them.

good luck

Scott

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. That is in line with expectations. It's a lot.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I wonder who will be paying for these fees? The app functionality is pretty poor. Mine free “trial” will be expiring in March.

raydog9379

Reaction score
I'm guessing very few will pay. Let's face it, for $225+ a year... remote start isn't that exciting. I've used the App now 4 times to try to start my car in 2 weeks. 3 of the 4 it wouldn't do anything. Those 3 were in my driveway and nothing blocking any potential signals to it. The one that worked was in a parking lot and took a minute or 2 before it started.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

25March2019

Reaction score
My husband loves using the remote start button for his F-150, but I don't leave home as early/often so don't usually think to remote start my Telluride. However, I've been using it more recently...it's a hassle to have to sign-in to the app from my cell phone to use it. Since I bought my SUV 11 months ago, I'll look into the OEM device that comes w/a key-fob w/the remote start button (fortin.ca/en/evo-one) before my free "Ultimate" pkg subscription ends next month. I hope it includes remote lock/unlock, which has come in handy when I get a msg that my Telluride is unlocked.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
I use UVO a couple of times a day, especially during a work week.

Mobile phones are prohibited inside the building where we work...so logging on via the portal/website gives me the flexibility to set the climate control before I leave my desk.

Is it worth the $225/yr subscription? Right now...not for me. If its more responsive than the current 40-50 second response time, I'd certainly consider it.

Viper SmartStart and Drone mobile are my alternatives when I get closer to the end of my free subscription.

sirmons

Reaction score
Would anyone know, if you do not subscribe right away are they are sending discount offers out?

I am hoping they will be like Sirius and keep offering it cheaper when you don't respond right away.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Would anyone know, if you do not subscribe right away are they are sending discount offers out?

I am hoping they will be like Sirius and keep offering it cheaper when you don't respond right away.
It's possible … I think only within the next month are the first customers starting to have their "trial" expire. For me, only free will do.

raydog9379

Reaction score

Would be cool. I have the XM game down well. When I go to "cancel" each time, at the end of the call on getting my new deal (usually it's basically a years worth for about the same price as a month) I ask the rep what day I need to call back again next time. Sometimes I can't get a deal longer than 5-6 months, this time I got a deal for a year.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Would be cool. I have the XM game down well. When I go to "cancel" each time, at the end of the call on getting my new deal (usually it's basically a years worth for about the same price as a month) I ask the rep what day I need to call back again next time. Sometimes I can't get a deal longer than 5-6 months, this time I got a deal for a year.
What deal did you get for Sirius XM? The cheapest I could ever find/get was $30/6 months including Internet/App use. I've been running the SXM game for many years! I set a up calendar appointment to remind me when my offer will expire. I do this as we are closing the deal on the current offer.

Priapism

Reaction score
For that price the neighbors are just gonna have to get used to me running out front to start the Telluride in questionable attire....🍆

Nice “annuity” style service plan for Kia if many folks pay up. And for an app/service so many complain about here on the forum....?
Good luck with that Kia.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
Jaguar and Volvo's apps are free. The fact that KIA wants to charge for theirs is hilarious.
Are you sure? One of the guys in our office has an XC60 and stated that his complimentary service (Volvo OnCall) expires in 2 yrs.
You have to subscribe when the free service (4 years) end. He said it's about $200+/yr

pbinde

Reaction score
Jeep app was also free for 1st year.

Silver-fx

Reaction score
My question is that if I don't renew my subscription, will KIA continue to collect data from my car via UVO such as driving habits,location,mileage,conditions etc.? If that is the case, it is not fare. Simcard should be removable.

DruKe

Reaction score
Mazda Remote Start is $65/year and from what I can tell, just as bad, if not worse. We had replaced the fob based remote start on wife's 16' CX-5 with the app based one not knowing it was a subscription.. or how terrible it was. After the first year we never renewed. It was awful. Android App has a 1.5* review on Google Play.

Cjunk

Reaction score
My question is that if I don't renew my subscription, will KIA continue to collect data from my car via UVO such as driving habits,location,mileage,conditions etc.? If that is the case, it is not fare. Simcard should be removable.
My point exactly. Other platforms that exist only to gather data (facebook, google, google maps, etc...) give their service away since we are the product. UVO should be completely free. They’re full of shit.