Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

UVO Subscription prices

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just got the prices via email... See picture attached. Way overpriced. The email mentioned "special" offers coming soon so we will see. But if it's not $5 a month or less for plus, not worth it. Really disappointed because I actually use the remote start a lot, especially on hot days. Just not willing to pay $225/yr for it.

Attachments

Jdrn21

Reaction score
Just got the prices via email... See picture attached. Way overpriced. The email mentioned "special" offers coming soon so we will see. But if it's not $5 a month or less for plus, not worth it. Really disappointed because I actually use the remote start a lot, especially on hot days. Just not willing to pay $225/yr for it.
Trying to charge $23 a month for me to remote start my car is criminal. Especially when the app has the most pathetic user interface of any app I use. in order to even remote start my car I have to go through the process of locking my doors on the damn app even though my doors are already locked. One remote command takes too long..... And they make you have a two-step process when that isn't necessary. You would think they would fix that as it is an obvious annoyance. Like the original post dated, $5 a month would be the maximum that I would pay for that crap. They better come down or their prices or no one is going to subscribe. Everyone needs to communicate this to Kia. Someone please post the best way to communicate this to Kia.... And we can collectively inundate them with our displeasure

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Racer888

Reaction score
Also received this yesterday and quite frankly I am really disappointed! We traded our Ford Explorer limited after over 40 years of Ford loyalty for the Telluride and was happy until this. Paying over 40 thousand for a vehicle and then having to pay to use its features is rediculous at best, a scam at worst. Right now my attitude is to keep the car (minus any UVO subscription) for a few years then trade back to a Ford. KIA motors should be ashamed for this. I also find it amusing that the Ultimate package for 300.00 a year after five years (warranty) comes to the same 1500.00 Kia gave us for financing through them. I will be paying this off next week and refinancing through my own bank so we will not be giving Kia motors any extra money.

Quote Reply
Report Edit

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
But I am sure the same group of people who gladly forked over $10k+ markups will say: Gee this is sweet, only $22.50?Done! Sign me up!

steelersmb

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I got an email yesterday about their new subscription plans. Seems a little ridiculous to me and it sucks now that if you want remote lock/unlock and remote start you have to pay $225.00 per year. I know that a lot of car companies are doing this now but it sucks. Here is the site if you haven't seen it yet: About UVO Link

JenB

Reaction score
Yep, there’s a few other threads about this since yesterday. I just added to another thread:
I encourage everyone who finds the subscription plan ridiculous, as I do, to submit a message to Kia at this link: https://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs
I did, and I emphasized that my pride and excitement in owning a Telluride has been kicked in the teeth by this price gouging, when mostly all I want is remote start.

JenB

Reaction score
I’m recruiting y’all in our multiple threads to let your voice be heard:
I encourage everyone who finds the subscription plan ridiculous, as I do, to submit a message to Kia at this link: https://ksupport.kiausa.com/ConsumerAffairs
I did, and I emphasized that my pride and excitement in owning a Telluride has been kicked in the teeth by this price gouging, when mostly all I want is remote start.

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yea screw these prices for the buggy app. I know it’s getting better but one year of free beta service of this app is a joke. They should have given us at least another year or 2 to be nice. Maybe they will surprise us and give us that but I doubt it. Not gona sign up. Just gona have to suffer with a cold car in the winter 😡

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got this email as well...the audacity to roll this crap out without letting early adopters know about it prior to purchase is shady. I think we should petition Kia about this ridiculous cash grab.

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, there’s a few other threads about this since yesterday. I just added to another thread:
Great call. I sent a scathing message in response to this. $25 a month for an app that doesn’t even work half the time!!?? Get real.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Great call. I sent a scathing message in response to this. $25 a month for an app that doesn’t even work half the time!!?? Get real.

I may be splitting hairs here, but even if the APP worked flawlessly would you pay $22.50+/month? I certainly will not...In case KIA is monitoring these forums, lets not give them the false impression that if the APP worked well, as many others have also referenced, we would be willing to dish out $22.50/month.

A working APP is given, currently it works for me but a little slow...

Last edited:

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
I may be splitting hairs here, but even if the APP worked flawlessly would you pay $25/month? I certainly will not...In case KIA is monitoring these forums, lets not give them the false impression that if the APP worked well, as many others have also referenced, we would be willing to dish out $25/month.

A working APP is given, currently it works for me but a little slow...
Well no, of course not. I wouldn’t pay $25/month for any app, unless it’s main feature was depositing $26 into my checking account every month.