No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

UVO SUCKS

Shopaholic

Reaction score
I live in MN and have had my Telluride for a month and have not been able to use remote start except once at the dealership. I am so pissed. Of course their customer service and technical support are no help. Anyone had any luck? Seriously considering an aftermarket remote start but really don’t want two clunky fobs. Help!

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I live in MN and have had my Telluride for a month and have not been able to use remote start except once at the dealership. I am so pissed. Of course their customer service and technical support are no help. Anyone had any luck? Seriously considering an aftermarket remote start but really don’t want two clunky fobs. Help!
I actually never had any problems, just a little slow. Are you using the correct APP? Did you setup an account? Did you activate UVO service on the infotainment system?

If you did all this, then how is you cell phone service AND how is Verizon service? Both needs to be good! If your phone shows good coverage AND your UVO screen also show good coverage, then try starting your KT from the KIA Owner's Portal. If that works without errors, then your cellular carrier service is not sufficient. If that doesn't work Verizon service may not be sufficient.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Shopaholic

Reaction score
Are you hitting lock doors first? The only time mine doesn't work is if I don't hit the lock doors first even though the doors are locked.
Well that is something I didn’t know!!! I knew the doors had to be locked but didn’t know if it showed lock you still have to push it. I will try that tomorrow. Thank you.

Shopaholic

Reaction score
I actually never had any problems, just a little slow. Are you using the correct APP? Did you setup an account? Did you activate UVO service on the infotainment system?

If you did all this, then how is you cell phone service AND how is Verizon service? Both needs to be good! If your phone shows good coverage AND your UVO screen also show good coverage, then try starting your KT from the KIA Owner's Portal. If that works without errors, then your cellular carrier service is not sufficient. If that doesn't work Verizon service may not be sufficient.
Hello! Everything was set up at the dealership and was working fine. I have checked the cell and vehicle service and all of that. Will try the lock trick someone respond see with.

Dinsmorefarm

Reaction score
[

Dinsmorefarm

Reaction score
It is bad. They are replacing my unit right now in the car. It is on order I live in Michigan. I actually live on a highway and have bad reception for it they are blaming Verizon. I agree with you it's the only thing I hate about the car I would rather have an aftermarket start too.our dealership is great but they're telling me they've never heard of this problem with any they've sold so far. They've had the car twice replacing the radio with the modem is the next step and that's what they're planning on doing they have it ordered.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I actually live on a highway and have bad reception for it they are blaming Verizon.
Coverage holes can be on/off highways. Just because you live next to the highway doesn’t mean cell service will be good.

Even though they are blaming VZ, at least they have agreed to replace it. Do you have problems anywhere else? If not, it’s more likely a coverage problem at your location and replacing the modem will not resolve the issue.

Dinsmorefarm

Reaction score
Yes I have problems when I am at shopping centers. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't just as at my home sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It was set up at my house and worked when I first got it as time has progressed it works less and less.

Dinsmorefarm

Reaction score
When I called and had the modem reset myself. She said oh well you were traveling maybe it forgot. I'm not sure what that would mean. The modem zeros out on a regular basis and loses its ID.

Dinsmorefarm

Reaction score
I keep getting notices that I will have to pay for it come August. It certainly is definitely not a service that would be worth paying for. I am guessing I need a remote start from a keyring.

Ephoist

Reaction score
Agreed UVO Stinks. I have very good cell service and my remote start is beyond slow... it crawls. There is no good reason for this and something I am certian needs to be updated by KIA's tech folks. I will not be purchasing UVO: 1. the price is far too high. 2. It could be a much, much better app. 3. It doesnt work.