Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Vibration

Albert Ruiz

Reaction score
If you feel the shaking in the steering wheel, a front tire is out of balance. If you feel it mostly in your seat, it's a rear tire. There is nothing else that will only cause vibration that changes with speed. Depending on how much weight it is off will determine the amount of vibration.
No shaking in steering wheel.

CincyTech

Reaction score
Just picked up an SX AWD a week ago and drove from Louisville to Cincinnati. At about 70mph there was a general vibration that reminded me of wind turbulence with roof mounted crossbars I had in a previous Highlander. So I took the crossbars off the SX and the problem remains. General vibration at about 65+ and gets better at about 75. I have an appointment tomorrow morning.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just picked up an SX AWD a week ago and drove from Louisville to Cincinnati. At about 70mph there was a general vibration that reminded me of wind turbulence with roof mounted crossbars I had in a previous Highlander. So I took the crossbars off the SX and the problem remains. General vibration at about 65+ and gets better at about 75. I have an appointment tomorrow morning.
Let us know what they find, sounds like a few people are having this. Welcome to the forum also. Click on the clubs tab above and join the Ohio group. I'm also in Cincy..near the Fairfield area.

CincyTech

Reaction score
Took it out on the Highway to study the vibration before I take it in for service. Like Albert Ruiz noted, it is a deep hum. It lasts about 5 seconds and stops for a second or two and starts again - yes, pulsating deep hum. No steering wheel vibration, but the center console vibrates with the timing of the hum. Starts at about 69 or 70 mph and stops at about 75 mph. I took it gradually up to 95 mph and the situation only happens in the 69-75 mph range. Perhaps it would show up again at 140 mph, but I think may not want to test that out...

CincyTech

Reaction score
Wednesday Morning - visited the KIA in Eastgate (East of Cincinnati) and described the vibration issue in detail. An hour later, they were done and said they balanced all four wheels. I took it out on the nearby highway and the problem was the same. I then drove back into the service area and informed them that the problem remained. They gave me a service manager to ride with me along the highway so he could experience the problem. He focused on the rpm and said he would see if there were any known problems. I was given an appointment for two weeks from now and they will give me a car to use while they work on the problem.

CincyTech

Reaction score
Just ck’d pressure in my tires. They are all at 35psi. I guess when we get back from the Gulf I will be taking it to the Dealership so they can look at it.
It feels like it’s coming from the drivetrain. To me it kind of feels like a very mild drive shaft vibration.
Other than that we luv the way this vehicle rides and handles. Hopefully it will be a quick fix.
Albert - please let me know what you find out. My issue seems identical and balancing the tires today did not work. Not sure my dealership has any idea what is causing the problem. My next appointment is July 1st.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Albert Ruiz

Reaction score
Please let me know what they say. My appointment is for Saturday.

Albert Ruiz

Reaction score
Today they balanced wheels and it did no good. Now new appointment is for July 1st. Some others have posted the problem.
I just finished balancing mine, also no good. It did seem to lessen a little bit but the vib is still there. I’ll post my results when I take it in on Saturday.

Albert Ruiz

Reaction score
If I get a chance to put it on the lift before going to the dealer I might be able to at least narrow it down to steer them in the right direction so not to waste their time (and mine).

Wap52

Reaction score
Sounds like the AWD is having these problems. Could be in the transmission that converts over to AWD? No a mechanic here but just bringing up questions especially sine I am waiting on mine next week ETA. Please all keeps us informed on answers so we all can get KIA to notice the problem if one does exists on more that one Telluride.
Black Copper SXP AWD Dune Brown with towing ETA June 28 in DFW Texas