No soliciting permitted.

Vibration

kane

Reaction score
What did they do to fix your issue? I have a 2015 Genesis and had the same problem. They had to replace the entire center joint and rear half of driveshaft / knuckle, etc.

planning on buying a telluride but dont want to deal with the same issue as on my genesis.

Thanks in advance.
Did you have a G80?
How has the experience been so far with it?

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
So what is the actual reason behind vibration?
Will this issue be there in upcoming 2021 Telluride?
My understanding is that this affected earlier builds but KIA and Hyundai identified the issue and the fix should be applied to all future cars including 2020 models. But the good news is that KIA has repaired it under warranty and those with the repair seem to have no issues.

kane

Reaction score
My understanding is that this affected earlier builds but KIA and Hyundai identified the issue and the fix should be applied to all future cars including 2020 models. But the good news is that KIA has repaired it under warranty and those with the repair seem to have no issues.
Agreed
But for some drivers the Telluride might be their first vehicle, they might not complain.
On moral grounds, Hyundai and Kia should recall all such vehicles and set them good.

banderson

Reaction score
First off - feel horrible for all those that have experienced this issue. I have been reading as much on this forum as possible as I am interested in purchasing. Are any recent purchasers having this issue?

NREVANS

Reaction score
First off - feel horrible for all those that have experienced this issue. I have been reading as much on this forum as possible as I am interested in purchasing. Are any recent purchasers having this issue?
received mine in april. no issue

kane

Reaction score
Hope Kia and Hyundai are reading it and they fix the problem in 2021 model

SVoigt

Reaction score
Got mine in March and have had NO issues, and since they have a service bulletin out on this, I expect that everything coming off the line has the fix installed already. Not good business to have to fix it again after the fact.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

TheNip73

Reaction score
I would not worry too much about this issue. Very few reports vs. total cars produced. Also, not a lot of recent reports.

For what is is worth, similar issue with the two cars I bought previous to the Telluride (2004 Acura TL - “droning” and similar with 2011 Volvo S60- “droning“ at certain speeds). The semantics of how things played out was the same as the Telluride. A few owners who had a terrible time and wanted a dealer buy back or cursed the vehicle. Tons of other owners with no issues.

Mine is an early February build and no issues. So far a really great vehicle.