No soliciting permitted.

Vibration

Bev

Reaction score
I feel the same thing that it has something to do with the tire as the vibration feels mostly under the driver side floor board.
After taking it out on the highway and getting speeds up to 65-80 mph on a smooth and quiet road, they did not fix my vibration problem.

I wish there was an attorney on here to start a class action suit against these smucks!

dash

Reaction score
Update: The more I have been driving, the vibration is barely there now. Not sure if I am getting used to it or was sensitive to start with.

I test drove another sxp and in that one the engine seemed to shake a tad bit even more. I am uncertain at this point but taking it to a 3rd dealership next week.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
KIA has produced nearly 40K AWD Tellurides this year and over 25K last year. Have there been some issues? Yes - is it a widespread problem based on the sheer number of AWD Tellurides produced? No. Only a handful of users on this site have complained about it. That said - it would annoy the crap out of me if it happens to my AWD Telluride I am picking up Saturday...but this isn't a production wide issue.
I believe Kia delivered roughly 58,000 Tellurides in 2019

Bev

Reaction score
I believe Kia delivered roughly 58,000 Tellurides in 2019
Not everyone reports it on the forum. With that said, I went and test drove a fully loaded Toyota Highlander yesterday and it isn't half the vehicle my Telluride is with my vibration issue.
I've just about come to the conclusion that I either want mine fixed and exchanged for one that does not have the vibration. I don't know if that will happen but am hopeful.

mgoblue

Reaction score
And... the coupler only sort of worked. The vibration went away at 67mph, but now just starts at 72mph. For anyone keeping score:

- New driveshaft did not fix
- New coupler (with new driveshaft) did not fix

We're waiting to hear what's next.

Long overdue update.

tl;dr - Tried a bunch of things, but I still have the vibration. UGH.

I got my vehicle back last Friday after being in service for 12 days. A lot of the time was spent waiting for responses from techline, and then waiting for parts to arrive. The three fixes that were tried were:
  1. New Driveshaft - did not solve the problem
  2. New AWD coupler - did not solve the problem
  3. New New AWD coupler - basically the same part as #2, but supposedly with a new "lot number" which was better/improved
The dealer felt the issue was resolved and gave me the car back, but upon driving it a few hundred miles at highway speed since then I'm still noticing the hum/vibration when I get to ~72mph

So at some point I'll need to give it back to them for another round of investigation and repair. Pretty frustrating experience that they can't figure out the issue and fix it.

At this point I am very much in a love/hate relationship with my Telluride. I love the experience at sub-highway speeds and still think it's better than anything the competition offers, but the sheer number of big and little issues I've had (including a camera flicker thing that is still not fixed) is getting frustrating and is not confidence inspiring for the long term.

I've explored lemon law and whether the above repairs counts as "3 failed attempts," but it seems that's a pretty generous interpretation that won't hold up. So for now it's back to the shop at some point to give it another attempt.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
Long overdue update.

I got my vehicle back last Friday after being in service for 12 days. A lot of the time was spent waiting for responses from techline, and then waiting for parts to arrive. The three fixes that were tried were:
  3. New New AWD coupler - basically the same part as #2, but supposedly with a new "lot number" which was better/improved
The dealer felt the issue was resolved and gave me the car back, but upon driving it a few hundred miles at highway speed since then I'm still noticing the hum/vibration when I get to ~72mph

So at some point I'll need to give it back to them for another round of investigation and repair. Pretty frustrating experience that they can't figure out the issue and fix it.

At this point I am very much in a love/hate relationship with my Telluride. I love the experience at sub-highway speeds and still think it's better than anything the competition offers, but the sheer number of big and little issues I've had (including a camera flicker thing that is still not fixed) is getting frustrating and is not confidence inspiring for the long term.

I've explored lemon law and whether the above repairs counts as "3 failed attempts," but it seems that's a pretty generous interpretation that won't hold up. So for now it's back to the shop at some point to give it another attempt.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I think the bottom line is you have to do what will make you happy. Hopefully they'll figure it our on the next go around.

Bev

Reaction score
Long overdue update.

Make sure you keep all your records in a folder. You can try the Lemon Law and see if it works, but you also have to notify Kia at their address for the warranty in Irvine, CA. I also made a complaint with the Texas Attorney General.
Kia called me today and want me to take my vehicle back Monday and leave it there. The field tech is coming back to San Antonio Tuesday morning to try something else. I told them I do not have a problem bringing it in but if they have to order a part, they can give me my vehicle back and when the part comes in I'll take mine back to them. I guess I should be grateful they gave me a loaner but I did not feel safe in the little putt putt Sportage.
Don't give up. Keep fighting them on it.

mgoblue

Reaction score
Back in the shop as of Tuesday. Waiting on a new driveshaft. They’ve tried that once but I guess tech line is saying to try it again.

2 driveshafts and 2 couplers for anyone keeping count...

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Bev

Reaction score
Back in the shop as of Tuesday. Waiting on a new driveshaft. They’ve tried that once but I guess tech line is saying to try it again.

What state do you live in?

Bev

Reaction score

After leaving my vehicle again at the dealer and the Kia Tech driving in, he gave me a BS story. He supposedly used something called a PICOSCOPE and it registered 25mg's which according to them, is within the Kia limits. I have no idea what speed he drove it but I do know, I was so disgusted with the vibration on the road Wednesday I wanted to drive the thing off a bridge and total it.
Kia Consumer Support called me and one of the upper management in the warranty department in California wanted to know if I had a EVO account? What does that have to do with my vehicle's performance? My Service Manager won't do anything without the idiot Field Tech because he said Kia won't pay for the parts under warranty.
Guys, I'm at a point where perhaps all of us should get together for a class-action suit. I'm very frustrated and disheartened.

mgoblue

Reaction score
How are your Lemon Laws there?

They seem straightforward. Either

- 3 failed attempts at a fix for one issue (I’m at 2 for vibration, maybe more depending on how you treat a long stay at the dealer), OR
- 8 different fixes on anything (I’m at 6/7), OR
- 30 days in the shop (I’m at 21)

So I’m not quite there, but am getting closer. Ideally it just gets fixed and I have no more issues, but if not I have all the documentation and will go down that road if necessary. Have chatted with some lawyers who may help if we get to that point.

Bev

Reaction score
They seem straightforward. Either

- 3 failed attempts at a fix for one issue (I’m at 2 for vibration, maybe more depending on how you treat a long stay at the dealer), OR
- 8 different fixes on anything (I’m at 6/7), OR
- 30 days in the shop (I’m at 21)

So I’m not quite there, but am getting closer. Ideally it just gets fixed and I have no more issues, but if not I have all the documentation and will go down that road if necessary. Have chatted with some lawyers who may help if we get to that point.
If you will file a formal complaint with Kia, submit your repair attempt invoices, they will probably reimburse you for the stays in the shop. Did you have a loaner car? They gave me a Sportage and I did not feel safe in it at all.

mgoblue

Reaction score
If you will file a formal complaint with Kia, submit your repair attempt invoices, they will probably reimburse you for the stays in the shop. Did you have a loaner car? They gave me a Sportage and I did not feel safe in it at all.

Yes I’m working with Kia consumer affairs on some form of reimbursement

Despite the repair challenges, the dealership has been great to me. They’ve been sending a tech out to my house (35mi away) with the loaner each time and doing the swap here so that I don’t have to drive in. They’ve been keeping me in something as comparable as possible so i’ve been getting brand new Sorentos from their lot (still with stickers and all)

Bev

Reaction score
Yes I’m working with Kia consumer affairs on some form of reimbursement

Despite the repair challenges, the dealership has been great to me. They’ve been sending a tech out to my house (35mi away) with the loaner each time and doing the swap here so that I don’t have to drive in. They’ve been keeping me in something as comparable as possible so i’ve been getting brand new Sorentos from their lot (still with stickers and all)
You're fortunate.

mgoblue

Reaction score

FINALLY some good news.

I got my Telluride back yesterday after a week at the dealership. Although it was fixed late Friday, the service manager (boss of whoever I was dealing with) wanted to keep it over the weekend so he could test the fix personally himself. Did that yesterday (in addition to confirming the flickering camera issue was fixed), and I got it back yesterday afternoon.

Did some test driving on the highway this morning and it FINALLY appears to be fixed. No vibration felt anywhere up to 80mph. Did not want to test my luck any higher.

The tech who drove to my house to drop it back off told me this has been frustrating for them too and that they were sorry I was their guinea pig for all this. They haven’t seen this with any other of their sold Tellurides.

He also mentioned that what can cause this is the driveshaft being out of balance (I think I’ve heard this mentioned in this thread before), and it took two tries to get one that wasn’t imbalanced. Worth noting that my fix (new driveshaft and coupler) is the same as mentioned in the Palisade TSB. Hopefully kia comes around to it at some point.

Happy to have a functioning Telluride for now.

alexdrums

Reaction score
FINALLY some good news.

I got my Telluride back yesterday after a week at the dealership. Although it was fixed late Friday, the service manager (boss of whoever I was dealing with) wanted to keep it over the weekend so he could test the fix personally himself. Did that yesterday (in addition to confirming the flickering camera issue was fixed), and I got it back yesterday afternoon.

Did some test driving on the highway this morning and it FINALLY appears to be fixed. No vibration felt anywhere up to 80mph. Did not want to test my luck any higher.

The tech who drove to my house to drop it back off told me this has been frustrating for them too and that they were sorry I was their guinea pig for all this. They haven’t seen this with any other of their sold Tellurides.

He also mentioned that what can cause this is the driveshaft being out of balance (I think I’ve heard this mentioned in this thread before), and it took two tries to get one that wasn’t imbalanced. Worth noting that my fix (new driveshaft and coupler) is the same as mentioned in the Palisade TSB. Hopefully kia comes around to it at some point.

Happy to have a functioning Telluride for now.
Congrats! Time to move on with your life! I was worried I might have this problem...but it’s been all good. Thanks for taking one for the team...haha!