Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Weather will not load on touch screen

Chasingpiper

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I loved the look of the “home” screen on my infotainment center. I had the map, my music, and the current weather as my 3 home widgets. My weather was working perfectly and changing cities as I drove. Now it just says “weather loading”. Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this??

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
@Chasingpiper I have noticed this a few times on my SX and have just been monitoring to see if its a consistent problem or intermittent. I have noticed several times where it just seems to take a really long time to load as in like more than 5 minutes. I know that is not much help but it could be reminiscent of a larger systemic issue. Just have to continue to monitor to see I guess.

Chasingpiper

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the feedback! I was hoping it was just being slow, but it’s been all day with multiple lengths of trips and turning car off and on. I’ll be hoping it kicks back on!!

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This conversation feels like deja vu - but I have a feeling, if this keeps happening, that the system may need a reboot or software update...

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Is this weather something you get from SiriusXM or something you get downloaded locally whether you have a SXM subscription or not?

Normally SXM weather and traffic does not come with SXM trials unless specifically specified it does. It is an extra cost add on.

Chasingpiper

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Have you done an FM channel scan? Maybe it has not found the station in your area. Just guessing of course.
I’ve honestly only listened to music through apple car play, so I’ll try this today. That would be awesome if it worked!

Chasingpiper

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Is this weather something you get from SiriusXM or something you get downloaded locally whether you have a SXM subscription or not?

Normally SXM weather and traffic does not come with SXM trials unless specifically specified it does. It is an extra cost add on.
I called and specifically got the weather and traffic added to my trial because I thought that was the problem. Refreshed signal and it still doesn’t work. Called Kia and they said that XM doesn’t effect the weather app that it is loaded through HD radio instead. I have a case number and they are supposed to get back to me. Others are having this issue. So now I have the weather and traffic XM trial, but I don’t think it’s compatible with the Telluride. Hopefully it all gets sorted out, and this has been my ONLY complaint with the vehicle - so I think that’s pretty good!

JLoJo

Reaction score
Below’s a website URL to a You tube video explaining why weather may not load. Don’t know if this is reason for ya’ll, but maybe?

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I have had my vehicle for a month now and I have noticed over the last week that the weather data loading has vastly improved. I guess time will tell and taking 5 hour trip on Friday so I will see how it goes.

Kisama_x86

Reaction score
Anyone know if there have been any updates to this?

Where I live, there are 20 different HD radio stations, I have a 1 hour commute to and from work, and I have tried listening to a different HD radio station on each commute, but weather will not load. These HD stations all say they are my local broadcast, and I have tried not only their main station, but the #2 and #3 stations as well.

TellurideSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I called Kia on this - doesn’t matter if you’re listening to an HD station, key is that the weather data is broadcast in your area. It isn’t for me, but I live in jerkwater. I’d think with 20 Hd Stations though, someone would have it.

Call Kia- they have a list of the metro areas with weather broadcasts over HD.

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Apparently Weather and traffic are only broadcast by HD radio stations owned by IHeart Radio in major media areas. If you are in one, you are good. If not you get nothing.

Just what I've found so far, not a total definitive answer, but many owners that live in a non covered broadcast area will be disappointed. Kia should have made provision to at least use SXM traffic and weather via a subscription to at least give you SOMETHING to people who are in non covered areas.... There may be more to learn here though....

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Apparently Weather and traffic are only broadcast by HD radio stations owned by IHeart Radio in major media areas. If you are in one, you are good. If not you get nothing.

Just what I've found so far, not a total definitive answer, but many owners that live in a non covered broadcast area will be disappointed. Kia should have made provision to at least use SXM traffic and weather via a subscription to at least give you SOMETHING to people who are in non covered areas.... There may be more to learn here though....
So the traffic is pulled through HD as well? I was under the impression that the Live Traffic information was XM based? If that is true it is strange that my traffic comes right up every time but my weather is intermittent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. At home I have seen it load in 5 minutes of driving and other times I have driven for 20 or 30 minutes in the DFW Metroplex and it never loads.

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The only possible way that traffic can be SXM based is if you pay for that subscription. I'm not even a sure that the telly radio is capable of receiving that data and displaying it...
If you had an XM subscription to traffic and weather you would get both consistently. If you haven't paid for it then more than likely your current traffic is coming from HD radio also.....

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The only possible way that traffic can be SXM based is if you pay for that subscription. I'm not even a sure that the telly radio is capable of receiving that data and displaying it...
If you had an XM subscription to traffic and weather you would get both consistently. If you haven't paid for it then more than likely your current traffic is coming from HD radio also.....
Agreed but the subscription is free for a year and not exactly sure what is included in that currently. I guess I can call XM to verify, which should answer the question.

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think only the radio is free for a year you don't get any of xm's extras, I think just basic Radio Service. But I could be wrong...