Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Weather will not load on touch screen

Kisama_x86

Reaction score
Apparently Weather and traffic are only broadcast by HD radio stations owned by IHeart Radio in major media areas. If you are in one, you are good. If not you get nothing.

Just what I've found so far, not a total definitive answer, but many owners that live in a non covered broadcast area will be disappointed. Kia should have made provision to at least use SXM traffic and weather via a subscription to at least give you SOMETHING to people who are in non covered areas.... There may be more to learn here though....

The downside to this, is I live in one of the area's owned by iheart radio, and have HD channels in this area, per that link....

Columbia[edit]

Chasingpiper

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I got the XM traffic and weather added to my trial and I still cannot get the traffic and weather.

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I got the XM traffic and weather added to my trial and I still cannot get the traffic and weather.
That's because I'm not sure the KIA head unit can DECODE it. If it isn't mfg'd to utilize that kind of signal and data, then enabling it won't do a thing. I haven't seen any evidence that is "Set Up" to receive it....
My FCA vehicle intertwines XM traffic and weather in to my stock Nav. When I pick a route , it them warns me of traffic up ahead and suggests alternates if needed. For the weather, you poke the weather app on my head unit and it shoes fcst, Radar, current weather and forecast for where you are, and favorite places instantly, as well as warns you if any NWS severe alerts are valid in the area you are driving in.... But I do pay for it annually.....

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
I was having this issue until I saved a bunch on stations with HD to my presets. I had to wait a second for the HD signal to pop up and saved those specific HD signals. It works every time now within a minute of driving. I have not idea if this is actually what fixed it or not but I’ve been enjoying the weather function ever since. Give it a try and report back.

DaveA

Reaction score
I loved the look of the “home” screen on my infotainment center. I had the map, my music, and the current weather as my 3 home widgets. My weather was working perfectly and changing cities as I drove. Now it just says “weather loading”. Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this??

DaveA

Reaction score
Mine has said "loading weather" since we bought it on 3/8. I have yet to see weather info on the screen, switched to the clock.
Our weather will load occasionally no problem, other times usually, it stays on loading the entire time we're driving. Frustrated. so I turn it off.

Raymond

Reaction score
I cannot get the weather info in Augusta Georgia. However, if I am in Atlanta (where the weather function works) and driving back to Augusta, it works. The weather screen will update from Atlanta to Macon and finally to "Augusta" -- until I turn off the engine.
Does this sound like a software bug?

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
I cannot get the weather info in Augusta Georgia. However, if I am in Atlanta (where the weather function works) and driving back to Augusta, it works. The weather screen will update from Atlanta to Macon and finally to "Augusta" -- until I turn off the engine.
Does this sound like a software bug?
I really don’t think it’s a software bug. Every manufacturer that offers this feature seems to have the same complaints on their forums. I’ve done some very minor research on the topic and it seems like the HD signals interfere with each other as well as the analog stations. I’m sure this can create issues for the radio trying to interpret and display the weather and traffic info. So it seems it’s more an issue with the broadcasts in certain areas due to signal strength, interference and availability.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just bought mine on June 6th. Weathers still loading. Live in rural Ky.
Ask your dealer to update the infotainment software. The latest version will display the outside temperature of your vehicle's location while it trying to load the weather info. It's a bit redundant because you already have the same info in the driver display. But, at least you won't be looking at the "loading" message. Enjoy the ride.

Crumbs600

Reaction score
Had my Telluride since Feb. only received 3 free months of SXM and now pay for the service. The weather app doesn't pull from SXM.

G

G-717629

Ok thanks for the feedback! I was hoping it was just being slow, but it’s been all day with multiple lengths of trips and turning car off and on. I’ll be hoping it kicks back on!!
It's only worked once in the entire month on our new soul2020. Sucks

dtaylormac

Reaction score
I live in Calgary, Alberta. My Telluride faithfully displays Detroit weather. I can change to Calgary weather for a one time look but the weather app always reverts to Detroit. Any ideas?

Wap52

Reaction score
Agreed but the subscription is free for a year and not exactly sure what is included in that currently. I guess I can call XM to verify, which should answer the question.
I get weather in Mesquite and I live in Terrell. I think some stations do weather and some don't and i listen to XM all the time. don't think the weather is from XM but HD radio

x