No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Weather will not load on touch screen

Jdrn21

Reaction score
I live in Calgary, Alberta. My Telluride faithfully displays Detroit weather. I can change to Calgary weather for a one time look but the weather app always reverts to Detroit. Any ideas?
I'm here to echo this complaint. My weather won't load either. It has randomly worked a few times. Honestly I wouldn't care, but there aren't really any useful widgets besides navigation radio and weather. The navigation and radio work on my home screen perfectly. I'll guess I'll just change it to the clock since there are no other options

Raymond

Reaction score
I really don’t think it’s a software bug. Every manufacturer that offers this feature seems to have the same complaints on their forums. I’ve done some very minor research on the topic and it seems like the HD signals interfere with each other as well as the analog stations. I’m sure this can create issues for the radio trying to interpret and display the weather and traffic info. So it seems it’s more an issue with the broadcasts in certain areas due to signal strength, interference and availability.
... but why does it work going one direction but not the other?

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I loved the look of the “home” screen on my infotainment center. I had the map, my music, and the current weather as my 3 home widgets. My weather was working perfectly and changing cities as I drove. Now it just says “weather loading”. Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this??

I have found that it is directly linked to HD radio. I checked the settings and it gives a list of cities with HD and will give you the weather there. I live in Western PA and the closest HD station is Akron. So, I rely on my hometown radio station or Cellphone for MY weather. Maybe that will change on long trips... One thing I will NOT do is pay for a subscription just for weather LOL.

hammick

Reaction score
It looks like initially Sirius Travel Link was going to be available for the Telluride. I attached a page from the multimedia manual on an early build Telluride that was posted here: Loading weather

My manual from my 9-11 build SX does not have this information.

15641580145564347018240093538078.jpg

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

hammick

Reaction score
I am truly stumped that Sirius Travel Link is not available on the Telluride. Our 2019 Hyundai Kona has it and it was there during the three month trial. It also has the HD radio weather and traffic. Anybody know if the Palisade has Travel Link?

Pic of Kona screen:

IMG_1811.jpg

Ann Lawlor

Reaction score
I loved the look of the “home” screen on my infotainment center. I had the map, my music, and the current weather as my 3 home widgets. My weather was working perfectly and changing cities as I drove. Now it just says “weather loading”. Anyone have a clue as to how to fix this??
Ours never works, It's the same weather as on my iPhone which always works, but never in the Telluride, and if it does by chance, it gives weather for a city far distant from my current location.

Wap52

Black Copper SXP AWD Dune Brown with Towing
Reaction score
Ours never works, It's the same weather as on my iPhone which always works, but never in the Telluride, and if it does by chance, it gives weather for a city far distant from my current location.
The weather is seeking the foe HD weather channel if one is not around no weather. Has nothing to do with SiriusXM radio

dtaylormac

Reaction score
I took my Telluride in for initial service last week. I asked how to change the weather on the Home screen from Detroit to Calgary. They said that they had not yet been informed of a fix. I had Recall 190A32R0 done as part of my service (AV Voice Recognition Software Update). As I started driving the car home, lo and behold Calgary weather displayed on the home screen for the first time since purchase! It has worked perfectly ever since.

JonFar111

Reaction score
I took my Telluride in for initial service last week. I asked how to change the weather on the Home screen from Detroit to Calgary. They said that they had not yet been informed of a fix. I had Recall 190A32R0 done as part of my service (AV Voice Recognition Software Update). As I started driving the car home, lo and behold Calgary weather displayed on the home screen for the first time since purchase! It has worked perfectly ever since.
Since my last software upgrade the weather connects to the strongest HD radio connection. If it cannot connect, then it displays the current outside temperature - same as the temp displayed in the cluster.

blitt

Reaction score
Since my last software upgrade the weather connects to the strongest HD radio connection. If it cannot connect, then it displays the current outside temperature - same as the temp displayed in the cluster.
Yup.....that's it!!