Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

What did you do to your Kia Telluride today?

Scarif

Reaction score
Today we took my wife's new "Stormy the Stormtrooper" (white EX) out to the movies. We watched Captain Marvel while Stormy sat and guarded a very large parking space. It was the first time my kids had been in the car. While the movie was certainly awesome, the highlight came on the way home. I allowed Stormy to drive himself on the freeway.

The kids (my wife and myself included), were absolutely mystified by this, as the salesperson never even mentioned that it could do this. I freaked the kids out a bit when we the freeway road started twisting, and I didn't intervene.

Anyways, I love this car!

Razorback

Reaction score
Let me ask, though... Would people want an oval TELLURIDE emblem in addition to the TELLURIDE work written on the vehicle? Or would people remove the TELLURIDE text? Perhaps people would be more interested in some sort of "T"...?
I would absolutely replace the KIA badge. Its not that I mind it saying KIA its just that for a new vehicle launch they should have come up with an updated logo. However, with that said I love the Telluride logo across the front of the hood and the back but I agree with others that this makes detailing the vehicle a pain the rear. A nice Telluride logo or K logo that is re-invented would be welcomed.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Today we took my wife's new "Stormy the Stormtrooper" (white EX) out to the movies. We watched Captain Marvel while Stormy sat and guarded a very large parking space. It was the first time my kids had been in the car. While the movie was certainly awesome, the highlight came on the way home. I allowed Stormy to drive himself on the freeway.

The kids (my wife and myself included), were absolutely mystified by this, as the salesperson never even mentioned that it could do this. I freaked the kids out a bit when we the freeway road started twisting, and I didn't intervene.

Anyways, I love this car!
Jeez, the sales staff never mentioned lane keep assist? That's a really nice selling point and a very helpful feature as you never know when you might need to take your eyes off the road or get distracted - having that second set of eyes is invaluable... But, yeah - it's not an autonomous driving feature just yet. There's still a ways to go before cars are truly great at that. It's going to take some type of satellite navigation feature to coincide with cameras that watch the lines in the road - because sometimes those lines get faded or go away. Imagine yourself sleeping in your vehicle on the way home from work and it starts raining and the cameras can't see the lines - or if the road changes to very faded lines - or if the lines just aren't there for some reason. I know Tesla's system works really well - and I imagine Cadillac's upcoming system might be just as good, or close. But it's not a perfect solution...
I would absolutely replace the KIA badge. Its not that I mind it saying KIA its just that for a new vehicle launch they should have come up with an updated logo. However, with that said I love the Telluride logo across the front of the hood and the back but I agree with others that this makes detailing the vehicle a pain the rear. A nice Telluride logo or K logo that is re-invented would be welcomed.
Yes, I keep seeing people have the same concern as you when it comes to detailing. And the same goes for protective films... I imagine that TELLURIDE lettering will need to come off...

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

Razorback

Reaction score
Paint protection, window protection (glassparency), scheduled a wrap (matte black) and April 1st going for my tint.
@mdevaney Do you know what kind of tint you are getting and darkness? I just pulled the trigger and did SpecTek CIR and overall I am happy with the film. However, I went 5% on the back side windows, 20% on the back glass and 30% (Texas Law) on the Front Side windows with the Clear Film on the windshield. The front windows look lighter now then when I just had the privacy glass and the window tint on the front and is my only complaint. I know what people do will vary by state but just getting input from others. It does great at blocking the heat but just not happy with the aesthetics of the front windows.

gmneil

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I didn't do anything to day , but I am curious as to how the telluride letters would look blacked out to go with the ebony black paint and I am definitely changing the kia logo to the "K"

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.