What did you do to your Telluride today?

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
Removed the Arapahoe Kia stickers from the back. I had asked Georgia to not put them on but whatever... There is a little bit of a mark from taking off the adhesive but I am hoping the ceramics folks can cover that up.

Attachments

• IMG_0547.jpg
    IMG_0547.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 27

yDD5

Reaction score
Removed the Arapahoe Kia stickers from the back. I had asked Georgia to not put them on but whatever... There is a little bit of a mark from taking off the adhesive but I am hoping the ceramics folks can cover that up.
What did you use to take them off? I'm hoping they don't put any stickers on my car but won't know till next weekend.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
What did you use to take them off? I'm hoping they don't put any stickers on my car but won't know till next weekend.
I had a set of nylon car/detailing tools and a heat gun (but I think I could have used a hair dryer). The heat softens the vinyl quickly (don't get too carried away and too hot) and loosens it up well. The nylon is a bit gentler on the paint and scrapes it right off. The adhesive residue was where I started to fail. I used a touch of goof off and a paper towel. Those two might have been too harsh and left some rub marks.

topdown

Reaction score
I think your first image AHOE sums it up. You should have had the dealership remove it for you. I emailed my sales rep prior to taking delivery of my telluride stating no dealership badging so it was on record. It didn’t do much good though. They slapped on their sticker. I had them remove it before I left. 😡

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think your first image AHOE sums it up. You should have had the dealership remove it for you. I emailed my sales rep prior to taking delivery of my telluride stating no dealership badging so it was on record. It didn’t do much good though. They slapped on their sticker. I had them remove it before I left. 😡
You are right, what an AHOE 😡

yDD5

Reaction score
ugh. I just emailed today to get confirmation there will not be any stick on mine. Transport is picking it up Monday so hope Arapahoe fixes it quickly.

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
Blacked out the exhaust fairings. This was with a high temp, black matte paint that I had left over from refurbishing a wood stove...so it is very matte and looks more like charcoal than black. I did as some folks here recommended and disconnected one of the rubber hangers to give me some slack to work with, taped/covered everything, multiple coats over a period of time. Reassemble the hanger and clean up.

Attachments

• IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 26

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
I blacked out the front Kia. This was with a high temp, black matte paint that I had left over from refurbishing a wood stove...so it is very matte and looks more like charcoal than black. I think it turned out OK but I suspect that paint won't be very durable - it is easy enough to touch up though. I wanted to get this done before going in for ppf and ceramics (I don't think there is anything they can do for that badge but I will ask when I drop it off).

The charcoal color on the exhaust tips (see other post) is questionable and may change over time but I like the charcoal offset of the front badge and will probably keep that (barring the durability thing I mentioned above).

Da' list:
  • Waiting for Canadian 60/40 to arrive
  • Waiting for ppf/ceramics appointment
  • Brake calipers to red
  • Getting my bulbs together for the license/reverse lights. Moss Telly is an SXP so most everything is LED already.
  • Waiting for center console organizer to arrive
  • Looking at 2nd row organizer now
  • Thinking on how to protect the inside (I can be a mess...spilling stuff, scraping/gouging plastic, etc.
  • Mount the radar detector
  • Mess the nose intakes
  • roof protection
  • rack on top

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Foxtrot

Reaction score
Added Weather Tech mats at about 50 miles (I had WT's in my Niro and liked them; live in the country and am always a mess; picked up Moss Telly from Arapahoe Denver - which is just down the road from a WT factory/store). All three rows (but not cargo...Canadian 60/40 enroute). They all fit well (as you might expect from WT) and they are pricey (as you might expect from WT). I get dirty enough I probably should have just got a good quality, lower cost mat but we have had good experiences with WT (4 vehicles now), so...

(don't judge the dirty car...working on that)
Next up:
Blackout exhaust.​
Blackout front KIA.​
PPF/Ceramics appt set.​
Red brake caliper paint (and probably ceramic the inner wheels myself while I am there...).​
Protect the inside surfaces.​
How/where did you order your Canadian cargo mat from?

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
How/where did you order your Canadian cargo mat from?
A link in the forums... I think there may be many more places you can find these but these folks seem to have signaled they are good to work with (and the mats are in route already).
The conversion from CAD to USD was not crazy when I have WeatherTechs in the rest of car (WT is really proud of their mats).

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
Swapped the license plate bulbs for LED's.
Not too exciting or notable except:
  • it helps and is notable;
  • it is easy (except the bulbs themselves were in tight);
  • the light assemblies take a "3-point" motion to remove/replace (unscrew, drop the left, slide left, drop right, slide to the right, etc.);
  • the tri-tip lamp holder has a tab that is larger than the others so alignment matters when putting the bulb holder back into the light housing.
Reverse lamps are on the list but that is a bit more involved and will happen in a couple of weeks after an upcoming ppf/ceramics appointment.

ritholtz

Reaction score
Do we need to put any screen protector? Does 10.25" screen size includes those bezels around display part of screen.

Last edited:

WesD

Reaction score
Not today but Telly goes in on sunday for paint correction, ceramic, and PPF..... trying to find a cargo liner that is worth a $4!t as the OEM folder is a complete turd... Looking at the CDM OEM mat but we use the lower cargo area all the time and it seems a mat that accounts for that as well as seat back protection does not yet exist.

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
Not today but Telly goes in on sunday for paint correction, ceramic, and PPF..... trying to find a cargo liner that is worth a $4!t as the OEM folder is a complete turd... Looking at the CDM OEM mat but we use the lower cargo area all the time and it seems a mat that accounts for that as well as seat back protection does not yet exist.
The interwebs say that I am getting my Canadian 60/40 cargo mat today. I will take lots of photos (because I use the lower cargo tray a lot as well).

AZTellurideBLK

Reaction score
Weekly wash! I also got my new plate!

side.jpg rear2.jpg

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
A lot came in this week...let's start with the Canadian 60/40 cargo mat: Meh...for the money, I was expecting more/better.

Rubberized mat about the thickness of a WeatherTech but flimsier. Velcro-y on one side to help stick to the carpet but the stickiness was unimpressive overall. There are a couple of proper velcro tabs but the lack of stick on the large surfaces makes for a baggy fit (on the large surfaces). The cut is full so it was tight on the edges...which doesn't play well with the baggy/loose stick.

Getting to the under cargo area was easy enough...I had to lift the Canadian to get to the handle, but lifting the lid was fine. Placing it all back was a bit more of a pain (without the mat, the deck takes some fiddling to get it seated. With the mat it is just a bit more fiddly).

All-in-all I guess I will keep them for a bit and see if they end up being unworkable but if a friend were thinking about these I would be a solid Meh...for USD300 I expect a lot more. I will probably need to buy some velcro tabs ultimately to make it ok. I think I will like the 60/40 split but overall the mat is underwhelming and for the money I probably could have been equally Meh'd with WeatherTech, or kept looking for one of the full coverage dog mats for less money.

IMG_0566.jpg IMG_0567.jpg IMG_0568.jpg IMG_0569.jpg IMG_0570.jpg IMG_0563.jpg IMG_0564.jpg IMG_0562.jpg

Jdburke2k

Reaction score
Got a center console tray. It is OK.
So this tray is actually listed as a 4Runner tray. Fits fine but is short in length so there is a gap between the end of the tray and the Telly console. That is totally fine for my needs but ideally I would like a longer tray that has a curve at one end to fit the Telly console curve. I *think* those exist but are from the Sorento or one of the other Kia vehicles. It wasn't a big enough deal to dig any deeper.

I took the stock half cup and put it underneath and then started to load it up. I think it will work fine for me. There are two photos that are similar...one with the 4Runner tray all the way back and one with it all the way forward.

IMG_0555.jpg IMG_0556.jpg IMG_0557.jpg IMG_0558.jpg

WesD

Reaction score
A lot came in this week...let's start with the Canadian 60/40 cargo mat: Meh...for the money, I was expecting more/better.

Rubberized mat about the thickness of a WeatherTech but flimsier. Velcro-y on one side to help stick to the carpet but the stickiness was unimpressive overall. There are a couple of proper velcro tabs but the lack of stick on the large surfaces makes for a baggy fit (on the large surfaces). The cut is full so it was tight on the edges...which doesn't play well with the baggy/loose stick.

Getting to the under cargo area was easy enough...I had to lift the Canadian to get to the handle, but lifting the lid was fine. Placing it all back was a bit more of a pain (without the mat, the deck takes some fiddling to get it seated. With the mat it is just a bit more fiddly).

All-in-all I guess I will keep them for a bit and see if they end up being unworkable but if a friend were thinking about these I would be a solid Meh...for USD300 I expect a lot more. I will probably need to buy some velcro tabs ultimately to make it ok. I think I will like the 60/40 split but overall the mat is underwhelming and for the money I probably could have been equally Meh'd with WeatherTech, or kept looking for one of the full coverage dog mats for less money.

View attachment 27742 View attachment 27745 View attachment 27746 View attachment 27747 View attachment 27748 View attachment 27750 View attachment 27740 View attachment 27749

I will avoid this liner/mat based on your post as I can see it's shortcomings are deal breakers for me. That said I really appreciate your time and detail on posting your impressions.

We discovered that the top cover for the "tub" actually lays flat down in the bottom of the tub itself which is quite nice. I think I am going to cut the OEM foldable liner at it's first crease and use it to cover the tub cover regardless of it's position. From there I can see if the OEM carpeted liner fairs well with my own "build what I want" design. Good part about the OEM carpeted 60/40 is I can get it at a reasonable price and re-sell if needed.

AZTellurideBLK

Reaction score
I will avoid this liner/mat based on your post as I can see it's shortcomings are deal breakers for me. That said I really appreciate your time and detail on posting your impressions.

We discovered that the top cover for the "tub" actually lays flat down in the bottom of the tub itself which is quite nice. I think I am going to cut the OEM foldable liner at it's first crease and use it to cover the tub cover regardless of it's position. From there I can see if the OEM carpeted liner fairs well with my own "build what I want" design. Good part about the OEM carpeted 60/40 is I can get it at a reasonable price and re-sell if needed.
Although true, I like the fact that I have 60/40 split with this tray. I am happy with it.

WesD

Reaction score
Although true, I like the fact that I have 60/40 split with this tray. I am happy with it.

I think it could be a great option if it was cut where the folding flaps are and then the back mat simply overlays the seat back mats. The one piece designs make it really difficult to get a mat that does everything even decently. This my two piece hybrid thought might suit our needs. I'll post my mods/impressions once I get to that stage after exterior and interior detailing is done.