Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

What did you pay for your KIA Telluride?

Chwtom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wondering about expectations for price off msrp—my dealer is now taking orders but will only do it for msrp. Any ideas about negotiating price or expected rebates/incentives? Are other Kia models discounted much?

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I test drove one today (EX model), they had 4 at the dealership I went to. They didnt seem to know of any promotions, I didnt feel like playing that game and said like me know when you can take 5-6k of the sticker. Dont think Ill be getting a call anytime soo.

martyfrost

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I test drove one today (EX model), they had 4 at the dealership I went to. They didnt seem to know of any promotions, I didnt feel like playing that game and said like me know when you can take 5-6k of the sticker. Dont think Ill be getting a call anytime soo.
How did you like the drive?
  • Tight steering response, or sloppy and numb?
  • Was the cabin well isolated from highway and wind noise, or was it loud?
  • Did you try out the different drive modes, eco, comfort, and sport?
Thanks in advance!

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
How did you like the drive?
  • Tight steering response, or sloppy and numb?
  • Was the cabin well isolated from highway and wind noise, or was it loud?
  • Did you try out the different drive modes, eco, comfort, and sport?
Thanks in advance!
I drove a sorento the other day before I heard about this. This rode nicer / more luxurious than the sorento. It definitely felt like a big car / suv but that’s coming from a Ford Fusion.

It was quiet ! I turned the radio off and I was surprised. Not crazy quiet but still pleasantly surprised.

Only went from default to eco or comfort to sport. It had a good pickup. I had the Awd model and it was good for such a big vehicle. I had to take the shipping mode off - the dealer wasn’t even in the car. The shipping papers were still in the car

Lexi_GA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Exactly! I’m not test driving until March 4th so hopefully they’ll have more info than “sticker price” by then or maybe some of the Founders Club incentives will be available by then. As much as I like this truck, I refuse, lol.

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I like this strategy. Only I’m gonna tell them 6K under invoice.

Actually my real strategy is to wait a few months until real discounts (and the Palisade, which I’m also seriously considering) appear. Then I’m gonna search Auto Trader/Car Gurus for the lowest price in the country and ask a local dealer to beat the price.

My goal is 41K max for an SX Prestige (hey, that’s 6K under sticker!), maybe 42.5 for whatever the all-in Palisade is.

johnwashere2

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I like this strategy. Only I’m gonna tell them 6K under invoice.

Actually my real strategy is to wait a few months until real discounts (and the Palisade, which I’m also seriously considering) appear. Then I’m gonna search Auto Trader/Car Gurus for the lowest price in the country and ask a local dealer to beat the price.

My goal is 41K max for an SX Prestige (hey, that’s 6K under sticker!), maybe 42.5 for whatever the all-in Palisade is.
I like the palisade exterior better. I plan to wait took , it’s hard. Although I’ve waited this long for a car , I should be able to keep waiting. No way I will buy without any discounts. If I have to wait to end of year , I guess I can. The sorento is $8k under sticker so I figured $6k is aggressive but fair. Cant hurt to ask.

Last edited:

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I like the palisade exterior better. I plan to wait took , it’s hard. Although I’ve waited this long for a car , I should be able to keep waiting. No way I will buy without any discounts. If I have to wait to end of year , I guess I can. The sorento is $8k under sticker so I figured $6k is aggressive but fair. Cant hurt to ask.
They’re both beautiful inside and out. I actually prefer the Telluride exterior and the Palisade interior. I’m not crazy about the huge pillar cutting off the rear side windows on the Palisade. If the pillar was smaller and the rear windows were larger, then the Palisade might’ve won the outside for me too. As far as the inside, the Hyundai is the winner for me. I always thought the Kia instrumentation font was a bit wacky, pointy, and 70s looking, while the Hyundai font is much cleaner and more modern looking.

I’m still leaning towards the Palisade for the better premium audio system (12 speakers vs. 10) and for the one thing I’ve been dying to get in my next car: an all digital dashboard. (I was disappointed to see that it’s not an option for the Telluride, even though Car & Driver initially reported it was. A heads-up display does make up for this some, however.) I’m thinking (hoping) that a fully loaded Palisade will sticker for about $2,000 more than the Telluride SX Premium.

Anyway, Kiundai nailed it with the Telluride and Palisade. These are the first SUVs within the realm of affordability for me that check all my boxes, and they deserve a medal for sticking with a V6 engine (I really don’t want a turbo 4). I can’t wait to take them both for test drives. As long as they’re comfortable for me and reviews don’t reveal any nasty surprises (unlikely), one of these will be my next car.

Kamauxx

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
They’re both beautiful inside and out. I actually prefer the Telluride exterior and the Palisade interior. I’m not crazy about the huge pillar cutting off the rear side windows on the Palisade. If the pillar was smaller and the rear windows were larger, then the Palisade might’ve won the outside for me too. As far as the inside, the Hyundai is the winner for me. I always thought the Kia instrumentation font was a bit wacky, pointy, and 70s looking, while the Hyundai font is much cleaner and more modern looking.

I’m still leaning towards the Palisade for the better premium audio system (12 speakers vs. 10) and for the one thing I’ve been dying to get in my next car: an all digital dashboard. (I was disappointed to see that it’s not an option for the Telluride, even though Car & Driver initially reported it was. A heads-up display does make up for this some, however.) I’m thinking (hoping) that a fully loaded Palisade will sticker for about $2,000 more than the Telluride SX Premium.

Anyway, Kiundai nailed it with the Telluride and Palisade. These are the first SUVs within the realm of affordability for me that check all my boxes, and they deserve a medal for sticking with a V6 engine (I really don’t want a turbo 4). I can’t wait to take them both for test drives. As long as they’re comfortable for me and reviews don’t reveal any nasty surprises (unlikely), one of these will be my next car.
I just Google pics of the Palisade's instrument cluster. It looks to be the same setup that the new K900 uses. I had no idea. This definitely gives some points to Hyundai.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tunes4us

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Finally getting inventory here in Cleveland, I now have two dealers with the same Ex I’m looking for (tow pkg) will see if they feel like competing with each other. Well I thought I had two haha, just got this from the one dealer. Not surprised to hear it is already turning sales from the Sorento.

“It does not have a tow package the price is $40905 plus tax title and fees there is a owner loyal or a competive rebate of $1000 if you do a purchase it does not qualify on a lease. as far as pricing these are already, as you know, are very aggressive. so aggressive that kia has announced they are going to lower the price on the sorento for 2020 because the telluride is already priced less than the sorento.”

Last edited:

Danielupm

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, I finally got mine today ordered. 6 to 8 weeks until delivery. I got the prestige custom in Pearl white with dune brown interior Napa leather. Adding some accessories, plus the towing package with the auto leveling, the MSRP was, $48625. Got $1000 off that, plus current incentives. Options are leasing it for $588, 12k/year with $2500 down, or $690 for 75 months with 5k down to purchase it. If delivery manages to be before April 30th, I’ll be able to get the founders discount of one month of payment by Kia, otherwise I hope May incentives are better. Fingers crossed.

Chwtom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, I finally got mine today ordered. 6 to 8 weeks until delivery. I got the prestige custom in Pearl white with dune brown interior Napa leather. Adding some accessories, plus the towing package with the auto leveling, the MSRP was, $48625. Got $1000 off that, plus current incentives. Options are leasing it for $588, 12k/year with $2500 down, or $690 for 75 months with 5k down to purchase it. If delivery manages to be before April 30th, I’ll be able to get the founders discount of one month of payment by Kia, otherwise I hope May incentives are better. Fingers crossed.
Sounds like a fair deal and a nice ride. I would not suggest putting a down payment on a lease, however. If you google lease down payment you can read about why it is not advisable.

Danielupm

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sounds like a fair deal and a nice ride. I would not suggest putting a down payment on a lease, however. If you google lease down payment you can read about why it is not advisable.
Definitely, if I’m going down the route of leasing, I’m only covering the inception fees. But the more I think about it I think this one is a keeper. It’s built for and by me, with the exact configuration and accessories I asked for. Plus when you got two kids and the in laws on a trip, having a full three rows is a must. I ordered the AWD for long trips (Last time to Tennessee just the suv rental was over 1k for 8 to 9 days). Finally, I think it will pass way over 5-10 years before this boy could be seen as “old”.

Freshnaresh

Reaction score
I ordered mine today! Ended up going with the Moss w/Dune Brown SX w/Prestige AWD, $46,215 out the door w/the following accessories at no cost: Illuminated scuff plates, all weather mats w/trunk liner, cargo net, rear bumper protection, and side steps at dealer cost. The rebates I got were the 1000 competitor and 400 military off MSRP. Not much of a discount and I shopped 8 dealers, most had the vehicle priced at an average 5k above MSRP when I see those side stickers I walk away. I did not pay tax as I'm a disable vet in GA. 1.9 @ 60. The nice thing is that the dealer is letting me drive a Sorento SX while the order comes in which is roughly 60 days away.

Last edited: