Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

What do we know about the Tellurides 8 Speed Transmission? Is it used in other Kia's or Hyundais?

Bruce_wayne8887

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Trying to find more info on the Tellurides 8 speed tranny. Is it used in other kia's or hyundais? I know its supposed to be made internally by Kia so its not a ZF or Aisin tranny. Is it the same tranny thats in the Sorento or new Hyundai Santa Fe? Just trying to see how reliable it will be.

Bruce_wayne8887

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I know the Stinger has an 8 speed in it, probably the same. If so, then I love it, in comfort can't even feel or hear it switch gears, in sport mode, it's a beast.
thanks for the info. I'm wondering if its the same and same as the sorento. I've heard the sorentos newer 8 speed is very good.

Kia Rocks!!

Reaction score
thanks for the info. I'm wondering if its the same and same as the sorento. I've heard the sorentos newer 8 speed is very good.
This 8 speed is used in the Candenza, Sorento and Sedona. Some slight differences but very close. This is a good transmission. We have had very little issues with the Engine and

13_FST

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have to say, this 8-speed transmission is butter smooth. We came from a 2017 Sorento which had a 6-speed transmission and this 8-speed is way better and smoother.

No harsh shifts at all, even when the vehicle is cold.

I hope this remains reliable. For that, we will have to wait and see.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Digitalfirex

Reaction score
Hi,
Random question. .. can snow mode be used all the time? Like how some cars have an always on 4x4 like a Subaru? Or might this damage the transmission?