No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

What Does the Telluride have that the Palisade Doesn’t?

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So... pricing for the Palisade was released a few weeks ago, and pricing is nearly identical to the Telluride across the trims.

But how? The Palisade has a bunch of stuff that the Telluride doesn’t, especially on the top trim... full digital dash, power folding 3rd row, pushbutton transmission, etc.

Well, now that Palisade are trickling into dealers and the review embargo has been lifted, things are starting to make sense... the Telluride has some features that the Palisade doesn’t.

The biggest Telly advantage? Power folding mirrors. It has been confirmed that the Palisade DOES NOT have them available on any trim. This is huge for me. I really want a full digital dash, but I really need power folding mirrors on my next car.

On the more subtle front, we also know that the Palisade has a bit more space, a bit better MPG, and, based on initial numbers, appears to be a whisker quicker than the Palisade.

So, any other Telluride exclusives? I’m really torn on which vehicle to get, but the power folding mirrors have me swaying back towards the Telluride.

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
So... pricing for the Palisade was released a few weeks ago, and pricing is nearly identical to the Telluride across the trims.

But how? The Palisade has a bunch of stuff that the Telluride doesn’t, especially on the top trim... full digital dash, power folding 3rd row, pushbutton transmission, etc.

Well, now that Palisade are trickling into dealers and the review embargo has been lifted, things are starting to make sense... the Telluride has some features that the Palisade doesn’t.

The biggest Telly advantage? Power folding mirrors. It has been confirmed that the Palisade DOES NOT have them available on any trim. This is huge for me. I really want a full digital dash, but I really need power folding mirrors on my next car.

On the more subtle front, we also know that the Palisade has a bit more space, a bit better MPG, and, based on initial numbers, appears to be a whisker quicker than the Palisade.

So, any other Telluride exclusives? I’m really torn on which vehicle to get, but the power folding mirrors have me swaying back towards the Telluride.
if you're looking pretty much apples to apples I would go with the one that looks the best , Telluride hands down

CYa

Reaction score
I'm just interested in the top of the line trim for each, so other than the exterior look, I think the Palisade is equal or better. Really like it's more upscale interior and the way the infotainment screen is integrated into the dash. Though the accent quilt diamond pattern is a little too reminiscent of mattresses and softy toilet paper.

But exterior look is pretty important, and the Telluride is close enough in everything else, so it's my first choice. Even am fine with settling for SX non-P, unless it ends up being a 4+ month long wait when I order in about a month. Never had a white car before, but the white with black wheels is so sharp. Of course all that might change after test driving both.

Really nice to have 2 choices of such good value and all the tech safety features that I could cross Lexus and Mercedes off the list. I like savings da money. Telly opulence, I has it (kisstinypetgiraffe.gif)

CYa

Reaction score
True, but is 78.3 inches Telluride vs 77.8 inches Palisade wide, 196.9" vs 196.1" long, and 69.3" vs 68.9" tall (and may actually be the same, some say the Telly number includes the roof rails but the Pali number doesn't.) Can anyone really tell a half inch difference at that scale? Maybe if they are parked right next to each other. Though I've heard the shape of the Telly gives the perception of being bigger. It does seem sleeker.

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
The biggest thing the Telluride has is the front end styling compared to the Palisade. The telluride just looks so good for a family SUV. Both great cars but the grille is like a Lexus predator grille wannabe. Looks pretty bad if you ask me but it might grow on me once I start seeing them in the roads.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The S trim. The Palisade has three trim levels and only captains chairs on the top trim. The four trims with the captains chairs on the S provide a more affordable 7 passenger option not available on the Palisade.

I heard from a dealer that there will be a Prestige type package added to the EX on the Telluride to offer some of the SXP options at the lower trim.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

alexdrums

Reaction score
I like the looks of the Palisade, but I swear, it looks like a hearse from certain angles...or maybe a limo hearse.
In addition to being cool, there is something about the styling of the Telluride that is so Normal. I mean there is nothing weird about it—no weird angles or curves or abnormally shaped appendages. It’s way more American looking than Korean, and this is probably part of its appeal.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
"Pally"..."Telly"...I can't...
How about “To Hell You Ride!”
I like the looks of the Palisade, but I swear, it looks like a hearse from certain angles...or maybe a limo hearse.
In addition to being cool, there is something about the styling of the Telluride that is so Normal. I mean there is nothing weird about it—no weird angles or curves or abnormally shaped appendages. It’s way more American looking than Korean, and this is probably part of its appeal.
I agree. From the side profile I’m not sure why there is a chrome trim piece that drops down on the palisade. I feel like it needed to continue. It makes the window for the third row look like an afterthought.

Kia-Driver

Reaction score
I'm with you zhelder. I like both the digital dash AND folding mirrors. My Sedona and Cadenza both have folding mirrors and they're great. My Cadenza has a digital dash (well, half-digital) and I really like it. I can't wait till Kia brings the digital dash to the Telly.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yea, putting the cup holders in the same cavity as the battery charger for the phone isn't the brightest idea especially on a very humid day. Sweating bottles or cups could lead to something shorting out. I don't think they thought that one through too much.
I thought the same thing... not Hyundai's brightest idea...