No soliciting permitted.

What does top range Palisade have that top range Telluride doesnt have ?

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
and if you like remote 3rd row drop down and a paddle shifter... Personally I can have the 3rd row down by hand BEFORE the remote can and...I just DO NOT LIKE paddle shifters...now tthe remote start on the FOB... I WANT THAT on my T-Ride too. Using UVO is ok but..after a year...have to PAY.

raydog9379

Reaction score
Don't forget the wonky push button shift system. That and the look is a non-starter for me. Otherwise I'd have gone Palisade vs. waiting. But I guess that's prob. why there isn't as bad of a wait for the Palisade vs. the Telluride. I could walk into a dealer today and grab just about whatever Palisade I wanted. I see them stacked up there at one by my house. I hear to order one to your specifications can take a while though since someone told me they boat them over. But I would imagine you could dealer locate one and find what you want that way.

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score

kane

Reaction score
Don't forget the wonky push button shift system. That and the look is a non-starter for me. Otherwise I'd have gone Palisade vs. waiting. But I guess that's prob. why there isn't as bad of a wait for the Palisade vs. the Telluride. I could walk into a dealer today and grab just about whatever Palisade I wanted. I see them stacked up there at one by my house. I hear to order one to your specifications can take a while though since someone told me they boat them over. But I would imagine you could dealer locate one and find what you want that way.
Some people are buying the Palisade because of that new gear system in all Hyundai models. Just a matter of personal preference. The instrument cluster is 12.5 inches in Palisade

alexdrums

Reaction score
The new Corvette has a push button shifter, but I believe to put it into drive you lift the Drive button up instead of pushing it.

This makes sense to me. In order to get an innate feel for a push button shifter, the buttons can’t all look and feel exactly the same.

Chuck4084

Reaction score
Just curious - after 1 year Telluride owners have to pay to continue the UVO subscription? We got 3 years of Bluelink which includes Connected Care, Remote Start and Guidence services with our Palisade. List price is $700 for all three services for three years. Not a reason to justify a Palisade over a Telluride but a nice perk.

kane

Reaction score
Just curious - after 1 year Telluride owners have to pay to continue the UVO subscription? We got 3 years of Bluelink which includes Connected Care, Remote Start and Guidence services with our Palisade. List price is $700 for all three services for three years. Not a reason to justify a Palisade over a Telluride but a nice perk.
We get remote engine start here in UAE.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
One thing the Palisade doesn't have that the Telluride does have is auto down and up on all four windows. I was surprised even the top trim doesn't have this in the Pallisade. And the wheel options on the Palisade Limited aren't my taste. Honestly - if the SEL wheels were available on the Limited - I might have considered it. But my wife prefers the styling of the Telluride so that is what we ordered.

II Kings 9:20

Reaction score
The new Corvette has a push button shifter, but I believe to put it into drive you lift the Drive button up instead of pushing it.

This makes sense to me. In order to get an innate feel for a push button shifter, the buttons can’t all look and feel exactly the same.
GM designed a brilliant car and nailed the shift buttons. I think I saw the Explorer with a bank of identical rectangle buttons. Some pushed and some pulled, not a better idea, in fact, rather boneheaded.

Hyundai/Kia allows you to turn the engine off while in drive and the vehicle will roll away if you are not in park.
True for the Telly and my '15 Genesis (I have tested) and they both have a mechanical lever to select gears and can not mechanically move back to P with electronic programming.
There is warning a chime and a dash warning message that says "shift to P".
My Accord works the same way.

My Pacifica with rotary electronic selector won't shut off unless it is in P. It stays running, warns "shift to P" and forces a shift by not shutting off.

My 2013 X5 with electronic control shifts to P by
1. hitting the P button on the shifter
2. shutting the engine off.

The MDX and Palisade push button electronic gear selection differs from above.
There are 3 ways to put it in P which I have tested on both 2020 MDX and Palisade.
1. Push P
2. Turn the engine off while in D and it will shift to P.
3. Open the door while in D (and not moving presumably-I didn't test that) and it will shift to P

The Telly doesn't have any of that and one better be dang sure they put it in P before walking away because someone could get killed.
This is not unique from many other cars so I'm just answering the question "What does the Pali have that the Telly doesn't"

The Telly also doesn't get the sweet TFT cluster of the Pali with the lane camera displayed in the left or right dial.
The center lane display of the Tellyis not as intuitive. Am I looking down the right side or left side of the car? of course it's based on which signal is on but with two different screens, there can never be a question.
I prefer manual fold rear seats so +1 for Telly. More cargo room, faster, and nothing to break or wear out.

I might well have gotten a Pali were it not for that maw up front.
The grille looks like the offspring of a 3 way between a Lexus, Infiniti, and the Predator (IIK920 original). Wife can't stand the big mouth bass either and we both LOVE the Telly looks. Paid $4K more for the Telly over a very 10 years ago 2020 MDX with $10,100 off MSRP. That says a lot.

Last edited:

Parmel

Reaction score
IMHO, some of the “push button“ trans setups may have undergone some perhaps faulty human factors engineering. The late 50’s/early 60’s Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth had dangerous differences between makes. Personally, I do not like the Palisade set up. The Vette looks interesting.

II Kings 9:20

Reaction score
I looked at Telluride and Palisade and chose the Telluride but it was missing one thing that the Palisade had. Downhill Descent Control. My Sorento had it and I used once or twice a year.
What about "downhill brake control" on the Telly? Is that not the same as DDC? It's not a rhetorical question. I don't have a clue as I await mine for the next several months.

Brf

Reaction score
DDC was a separate button which would take you down a steep muddy road at 5 mph. DBC is a function cruise control for hilly highways.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!