Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

what's your gas mileage so far?

ballistic

Reaction score
what kind of gas mileage are you getting in your telluride? i'm thinking it'll improve over time and i'd like to see how this changes between now and a posts a few months from now.

NCTelly

Reaction score
Just filled up my 1st tank on a FWD S 7 seater and my calculation was 20.8 mpg or 349 miles on 16.744 gal with mostly stop and go city driving. I do have the auto start feature mostly on and have been playing with the different drive modes so I haven’t tried only on ECO test.

NCTelly

Reaction score
Just filled up my 1st tank on a FWD S 7 seater and my calculation was 20.8 mpg or 349 miles on 16.744 gal with mostly stop and go city driving. I do have the auto start feature mostly on and have been playing with the different drive modes so I haven’t tried only on ECO test.
Second tank fill up gave me 20.7 mpg. The third was 22.1 mpg. I’m happy because I replaced a Toyota Sienna that was one of the best cars I’ve owned and at normal driving conditions I averaged 19.1. The Telluride fits my family just as comfortably for long rides. About to take a longer ride on mostly flat highway so I’ll try to calculate what I get.

cheeks80

Reaction score
Mostly flat highway driving about 3/4 at 70mph and 1/4 at 55-60mph with ECO on and using the adaptive cruise control (and auto start for a few lights) I hit 27.8mpg. Bringing my lifetime combined average to 22.2.
I do not get such figures even with my current outback. Its always 23-24

Audioi

Reaction score
Taking the readings from the car itself normally won't tell the story. Best method is do a couple tanks full, calculate that along with what you ACTUALLY put in the tank. I can get a constant 26 mpg from my V8 truck on the screen but its actually 21 on average at best.

drizzt

Reaction score
I used fuelly to track mpg on my 2018 Rav4 hybrid awd and now replaced 2005 Sienna awd. I've learned to drive to get most mpg out of Rav4, so I'm getting 23 mpg all city with Telluride. My wife drove Sienna and was getting 15mpg, but now drives the hybrid getting 35mpg. I think we made the right choice in swapping cars. 23mpg from Telluride is what the car is reporting, so we'll see how accurate it is after my first fuel up.

stbentoak

Reaction score
Positive reports here will help me like this vehicle more.....Currently drive an Eco Diesel JEEP and get 26-28 MPG and also 600 mile range. Kinda hard to give that up. Not having any problems currently, so I need lots of positives to sway me into this vehicle...

Stiles

Reaction score
I just got my telluride a few days ago, but I did about a 120 mile round trip Friday night. I ran in ECO mode on a fresh tank of gas. Now this was state high ways that are generally 55 mph but sometimes drop to 45 though a more populated area with people turning on. The trip computer showed 30.3 mpg at the end of the round trip. I have the EX FWD with towing package.

ginzero

Reaction score
Second tank fill up gave me 20.7 mpg. The third was 22.1 mpg. I’m happy because I replaced a Toyota Sienna that was one of the best cars I’ve owned and at normal driving conditions I averaged 19.1. The Telluride fits my family just as comfortably for long rides. About to take a longer ride on mostly flat highway so I’ll try to calculate what I get.
My wife and I just test drove the Telluride today. We're also coming from a 2011 Sienna which has been bullet proof. Did you get the bench or captains chairs in the 2nd row. How do your passengers like it?

PhillyRPh

Reaction score
I have been averaging just under 27mpg in my EX AWD. Most of my driving is done on the highway with the cruise set between 70 and 75. These are the hand calculated numbers as the dash indicates closer to 29mpg. Still impressed with the numbers nonetheless.

ATL3630

Reaction score
I just got 28.6 MPG driving 54 miles on a highway trip.

Mixed driving and I'm averaging 23.9 MPG.

Happy with those results so far.

NCTelly

Reaction score
Just took a long 12 hour trip fully loaded with 6 passengers, suitcases and a roof cargo carrier with about 125lbs. Mostly highway at about 70mph. First tank in my FWD S got me 19.88mpg (262mi on 13.182gal.). The second fill up yielded 22.58mpg (362mi on 16.033gal).

NCTelly

Reaction score
My wife and I just test drove the Telluride today. We're also coming from a 2011 Sienna which has been bullet proof. Did you get the bench or captains chairs in the 2nd row. How do your passengers like it?
We rarely used the jump seat in the Sienna so we were specifically looking for the S because it had captains chairs as an option without spending more for the SX. My wife took some friends out and all were very impressed with the space. And we took a trip with three kids and an adult in the back and it was as comfortable as the minivan was. While I miss the cavernous cargo space that a minivan offers, the Telluride has been a very smooth ride and felt comfortable driving a little higher off the road.

stbentoak

Reaction score
Just took a long 12 hour trip fully loaded with 6 passengers, suitcases and a roof cargo carrier with about 125lbs. Mostly highway at about 70mph. First tank in my FWD S got me 19.88mpg (262mi on 13.182gal.). The second fill up yielded 22.58mpg (362mi on 16.033gal).
While this is decent mileage, the range is kinda a disappointment for me...when I’m doing 700+ miles a day on vac, stopping every 3 hrs for fuel is a pain....

jazzyone

Reaction score
Just came back from a 376 mile trip. Put in 13.9 gals yielding 27 MPG. Trip computer reported 28.1. Assuming 10% (plus, minus) odometer error, the real world MPG comes down to 24.3-29.7 range. It was 70% highway and 30% city/stop and go with EX AWD in ECO mode.

Not bad!

mrmac

Reaction score
It would be best to stick to the Telluride Computer calculated mpg for consistent accuracy. These new Kia’s do a great job of monitoring exactly how much fuel is being used. Hand calculations are most always incorrect because they do not factor in for expansion or contraction of gas as exterior temperature changes.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.