No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Which leather color looks the best in person?

Richard A

Reaction score
Hey everyone, in my area, I can't find the Telluride in stock anywhere. So I have to order it. I was going to order the SX AWD package with the Nappa leather. I keep going back and forth with all the leather colors. Has anyone seen all 3 in person? Which do you think looks best? My exterior color choice will most likely be the Moss Green. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

extouareg

Reaction score
We have the moss Telluride SX with the light gray nappa and it is beautiful! Also, we added an exterior pin stripe in silver/light gray that ties everything together. Stunning!
Can you add a pic of the silver pinstripe? My dealer added a black pinstripe, which goes well with the pillars. Thanks!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey everyone, in my area, I can't find the Telluride in stock anywhere. So I have to order it. I was going to order the SX AWD package with the Nappa leather. I keep going back and forth with all the leather colors. Has anyone seen all 3 in person? Which do you think looks best? My exterior color choice will most likely be the Moss Green. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Richard, nice choice - but you can't order that particular combination at the moment due to Kia supply constraints. Maybe by October / November - so don't let a dealer tell you he can order it for you now and take a large deposit. You should, however, be able to order an SX AWD Non-Prestige with the regular leather (which is very nice by the way). In that case, Butterscotch will get you to the darker headliner - closest to Dune Brown.

The Moss Green and Grey is beautiful and elegant - if you like a light interior (seats are very light grey - almost white- and it has a light headliner also). If you like a darker headliner, then order with Dune Brown Nappa - a bit sportier / rugged look. The Black Nappa has a light headliner also - check the Kia.com configurator for an interior view to see the differences. The faux wood trim is slightly different in the Dune Brown interior versus Black and Grey interiors. I've ordered the Moss Green with Dune Brown - but still waiting on delivery.

Richard A

Reaction score
Richard, nice choice - but you can't order that particular combination at the moment due to Kia supply constraints. Maybe by October / November - so don't let a dealer tell you he can order it for you now and take a large deposit. You should, however, be able to order an SX AWD Non-Prestige with the regular leather (which is very nice by the way). In that case, Butterscotch will get you to the darker headliner - closest to Dune Brown.

The Moss Green and Grey is beautiful and elegant - if you like a light interior (seats are very light grey - almost white- and it has a light headliner also). If you like a darker headliner, then order with Dune Brown Nappa - a bit sportier / rugged look. The Black Nappa has a light headliner also - check the Kia.com configurator for an interior view to see the differences. The faux wood trim is slightly different in the Dune Brown interior versus Black and Grey interiors. I've ordered the Moss Green with Dune Brown - but still waiting on delivery.
Really appreciate this. Thank you!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Really appreciate this. Thank you!
Sure, it helps to know what to look for on the configurator and in reviews on YouTube - I've seen most interiors in person - with the exception of the one I ordered! Of course. The black leather is almost a really dark grey by the way (but classifies as black). And the grey regular leather is slightly darker (more grey than white) than the grey nappa leather. It's hard to make a decision based on pictures - but you really can't go wrong - just depends on your preferences. I've seen many BMWs, Masaratis, etc with the Butterscotch/Dune Brown combo (dark plastic and headliner) - I think it looks nice. I initially wanted the light grey... but decided against that due to having a baby on the way.

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I've seen every one of the leather options. You truly can't go wrong with any of them.

I have the grey in my Stinger and the Dune Brown in my Telluride. Of all the colors, Butterscotch is my least favorite. Prefer the deeper and richer color of the Dune when it some to brown. Black is always classy and solid.

Bhgro123

Reaction score
Second what jw said. But if the leather option is the only thing making you want to Jump up to the prestige level, I would strongly suggest checking out the leather in the SX non prestige first. It’s quite nice, and the SX trim has plenty of bells and whistles.

Clemson1985

Reaction score
Is the Nappa leather any softer than the leather in the EX? I have a disability and I need the softest texture and the most cushioned seat that is available. I have sat in probably 50 new vehicles in the last year and surprisingly the dated 2019 Toyota 4Runner has the softest and most adjustable seat that I have found. The Telluride is wide and fairly soft in EX version and I was just wondering if the SX is better?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Is the Nappa leather any softer than the leather in the EX? I have a disability and I need the softest texture and the most cushioned seat that is available. I have sat in probably 50 new vehicles in the last year and surprisingly the dated 2019 Toyota 4Runner has the softest and most adjustable seat that I have found. The Telluride is wide and fairly soft in EX version and I was just wondering if the SX is better?
The Nappa leather is slightly softer - I can't remember if it has additional cushion compared to regular leather - I don't think so. The seat has the same dimensions as the EX. Sounds like it's a personal choice... check out the leather in the Mazda CX-9 Signature to see what the Nappa leather is like.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks. I have not sat in a Mazda yet.
Personally, I think it's the closest in terms of comparability to the Kia Nappa in the SXP - I know it's hard to find an SXP to look at and/or touch and feel. There are plenty of other Mazda CX-9 Signature trims around to examine.

spambo

Reaction score

Oh wow! I had no idea the wood was different in the Nappa brown interior. I wish the salesman who took my order would have alerted me. Not sure I'm going to like that :(

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh wow! I had no idea the wood was different in the Nappa brown interior. I wish the salesman who took my order would have alerted me. Not sure I'm going to like that :(
You should. I took delivery a couple of weeks ago, and it looks excellent. I wouldn't worry too much!

Chukpapa

Reaction score
Beyer Kia in Falls Church, Va had four in their lot last Saturday

spambo

Reaction score
Seems to me that most everyone that orders the Moss Green orders the dune brown interior. But I’ve also read that some think the gray looks really nice with it too. And of course black goes with everything. So I don’t think you can really go wrong here😁

G

G-356766

Seems to me that most everyone that orders the Moss Green orders the dune brown interior. But I’ve also read that some think the gray looks really nice with it too. And of course black goes with everything. So I don’t think you can really go wrong here
I ordered the espresso in April, it is still not here!