No soliciting permitted.

Will Corona virus slow USA Telluride production?

Soonerhawk

Reaction score
Put my order in and paid my $1000.00 deposit on December 20th, 2019. I have yet to receive any notification on the status of my order. I had expected not to receive the vehicle until the end of May or sometime in June. I wonder if the corona virus will push production delays even more. I know Korean production has been hit hard but have not seen anything saying USA Kia production being affected. I am very patient and know I will be waiting at lease a total of 6 months but not sure if I can be patient enough to wait 8, 9 10, 12 months for a vehicle. My family is already using a secondary vehicle to get by but my wife is starting to want to think about looking at other vehicles. I am afraid if we don't get the vehicle by the end of June, I may forgo my $1000.00 down payment and look at something else. Maybe use that money towards the Sonata but not sure. Did not test drive a Sonata so would start all over.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
Put my order in and paid my $1000.00 deposit on December 20th, 2019. I have yet to receive any notification on the status of my order. I had expected not to receive the vehicle until the end of May or sometime in June. I wonder if the corona virus will push production delays even more. I know Korean production has been hit hard but have not seen anything saying USA Kia production being affected. I am very patient and know I will be waiting at lease a total of 6 months but not sure if I can be patient enough to wait 8, 9 10, 12 months for a vehicle. My family is already using a secondary vehicle to get by but my wife is starting to want to think about looking at other vehicles. I am afraid if we don't get the vehicle by the end of June, I may forgo my $1000.00 down payment and look at something else. Maybe use that money towards the Sonata but not sure. Did not test drive a Sonata so would start all over.
Was your deposit non refundable?!

Mweiland

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
What did you order ?

Soonerhawk

Reaction score
Yipeeee! I just got the call from my auto dealer and he told me they received the purchase order from Kia and they will start production on my new Telluride. Said I should receive the vehicle in the middle of May 2020. A touch of good news for my family during a very difficult time right now.

Reaction score
I put my order for a Black Copper SX with a prestige package on Dec 14th, 2019 and I am still waiting. I have heard nothing from the Dealer other than them saying it takes time. I did figure out Black Copper is not produced that much making it a long wait. White and Black are the most popular color. My coworker ordered one in Gravity Grey the same week and she got hers on Feb 25th.

Reaction score
Just got a call from Dealership it will arrive May 24th per their estimate. Now with car market in a slump due to covid 19 and competing vehicles selling well below invoice does the price for Telluride close to MsRp feel right

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Just got a call from Dealership it will arrive May 24th per their estimate. Now with car market in a slump due to covid 19 and competing vehicles selling well below invoice does the price for Telluride close to MsRp feel right
Probably since demand hasn’t dropped. And not like Kia has been making this model any faster.

Plus people still paying $10K above MSRP as recently mentioned in the “What did you pay” thread.

Likely if you walk away from MSRP, the dealer can sell at a markup to somebody else.

Reaction score
Since I ordered in Dec 2019 I had the lower price for example prestige package is 2300 now and back then it was 2000. Also MSRP had a small change. If I remember it was 47k

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Since I ordered in Dec 2019 I had the lower price for example prestige package is 2300 now and back then it was 2000. Also MSRP had a small change. If I remember it was 47k
Correct. The MSRP will be about $675 higher since you ordered.

Gator

Reaction score
Yipeeee! I just got the call from my auto dealer and he told me they received the purchase order from Kia and they will start production on my new Telluride. Said I should receive the vehicle in the middle of May 2020. A touch of good news for my family during a very difficult time right now.
Hello, I am new to this Forum and saw your post and interested to know if you received delivery of your new Telluride yet? Or did you get any other info from your dealer?
I ordered mine Feb. 21, 2020 and have not heard anything from my dealer in Houma, Louisiana.

Ampharmd7

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this Forum and saw your post and interested to know if you received delivery of your new Telluride yet? Or did you get any other info from your dealer?
I ordered mine Feb. 21, 2020 and have not heard anything from my dealer in Houma, Louisiana.
I also ordered on 2/21. Was told 12-14 weeks. Then about a month ago they told me it should arrive middle of May. Haven't heard anything since then.

Gator

Reaction score
I also ordered on 2/21. Was told 12-14 weeks. Then about a month ago they told me it should arrive middle of May. Haven't heard anything since then.
Just got back from visiting my sales person at the Dealership, He told me there is 2 orders ahead of mine that ordered the SX Prestige and that he said
it has not yet been allocated and not to expect it to arrive until Sept. or Oct. and he also said it will probably be a MY21. We were originally told it would
take 4 to 6 months

Ampharmd7

Reaction score
Just got back from visiting my sales person at the Dealership, He told me there is 2 orders ahead of mine that ordered the SX Prestige and that he said
it has not yet been allocated and not to expect it to arrive until Sept. or Oct. and he also said it will probably be a MY21. We were originally told it would
take 4 to 6 months
Wow, that's a long wait.