Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Will the Telluride be your first Kia?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

syadasti

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
One of the leading options for a Summer or Fall replacement of my Hyundai and it would be my first Kia.

I've had a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate FWD but no Kia yet (no problems until 5.5 years when the backup camera died just out of warranty - was $250 with labor to replace). Built in Hyundai's US factory in Alabama. Not sure why the Palisade isn't being made there?

It's between a Subaru Ascent Touring AWD via their VIP program, 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid AWD with Ford Private Cash (likely most expensive and best performing of the group though the mpg likely less than Highlander), 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid AWD (expensive, best mileage, worst AWD of the group), Hyundai Palisade AWD (likely slightly more than Telluride, best looking interior, front-end exterior is a bit ugly but looks ok in white, good warranty like Kia), or Kia Telluride SX Prestige AWD (seemingly best overall balance of price, features, and performance).

Ascent or Telluride seem most likely. Subaru offers factory extended warranty programs for around $1500 so it really comes down to price and performance given it's easy to get an Ascent for 2% under invoice.

Jenny Wang

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It would be first Kia, first new car, first SUV.
Wow lots of firsts! That's great!
Nope, so far I've had or have 2004 Spectra, 2012 Sorento SX, 2013 Sorento LX, 2016 Sorento SX-L, 2018 Stinger GT2
It looks like you got bit by the Kia bug a long time ago. lol. Good for you!
Yes mam! and first SUV.
I hope all goes well and you get a Telluride! Once you experience Kia, especially a new one, you don't know what took ya so long. lol
Maybe.. not 💯 just yet
Still on the fence? I think many here are.
One of the leading options for a Summer or Fall replacement of my Hyundai and it would be my first Kia.

I've had a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0T Ultimate FWD but no Kia yet (no problems until 5.5 years when the backup camera died just out of warranty - was $250 with labor to replace). Built in Hyundai's US factory in Alabama. Not sure why the Palisade isn't being made there?

It's between a Subaru Ascent Touring AWD via their VIP program, 2020 Ford Explorer Hybrid AWD with Ford Private Cash (likely most expensive and best performing of the group though the mpg likely less than Highlander), 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid AWD (expensive, best mileage, worst AWD of the group), Hyundai Palisade AWD (likely slightly more than Telluride, best looking interior, front-end exterior is a bit ugly but looks ok in white, good warranty like Kia), or Kia Telluride SX Prestige AWD (seemingly best overall balance of price, features, and performance).

Ascent or Telluride seem most likely. Subaru offers factory extended warranty programs for around $1500 so it really comes down to price and performance given it's easy to get an Ascent for 2% under invoice.
I see lots of good choices in your list. I'm going to start a new post about what competitors people cross off their list. That's what I want to know now. I wonder if the Telluride will be the sole survivor on your list!

MrLatte

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No, I have a 2018 Sportage SX that my wife drives. She loves it - especially the colors and the interior design. We’re looking to add a 3-row SUV to the fleet. Originally waiting for the Lincoln Aviator but the pricing came out and it can go into the 60s-70s-80s!

Also interested in the Genesis GV80.

AnyVare

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, it would be my first Kia...
My daughter loves her Forte
Going to have to change my mind....I've seen all the colors I was interested in and now the Telluride is off my list. I was hoping everlasting silver or gravity gray would've looked better than they do.