Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Windshield Replacement

PL/OB Diego

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Madico ClearPlex windshield protection film? I'd be worried about the wipers scratching it and the film needing to be replaced often. But if the windshields are so prone to cracking, maybe it would be worth it?
Or, even better, how about product that doesn't crack upon the slightest impact. So many cracked windshields indicates a bad product.

TxAggie

Reaction score
I live in Florida also... windshield replacement has never cost me a dime.
No such law here in Texas. I have a $50 Other than collision deductible and it can be used for windshields, however contrary to popular belief, it DOES count as a claim against your policy (so does getting a chip fixed for "free"). My rates were increased after a collision a few years ago and when I asked why they said I had too many claims. This was my only accident but they brought up two windshields and a rock chip fix. For this reason I try not to use the coverage for windshields in case I need the insurance for something more serious. I'm going to discuss with my agent and see if there is some other coverage I can get for windshields that won't count as full insurance claims, then compare against the windshield protection film cost.

Oneunder

Reaction score
I bought my Telluride on April 10th, 2019. On May 8th with 1000 miles on it a small rock hit in front of my drivers view and broke the windshield. It cost $1500.00 to repair. On Sept 7th I got in my Telluride to go out and once again my windshield is broken this time it starts at the passenger A pillar and travels out and then up for about 10 inches now.( It keeps growing when I first saw it it was about 6 inches). I never heard or saw anything hit my windshield. I went to the dealer they said they will have to evaluate it. I don't understand that, it is visibly broken. The glass itself they said is about 7-800 bucks. I had it done last time at safelite($1500). I called corporate filed a complaint. They said this is the first they have heard of this problem, I said that is totally impossible.( the dealer said the same thing, odd I told them back in May about the first one). Well I received a case number they said they will follow up with the dealer to see if they can assist in the issue. I also filed two separate cases with NHSTB In regards to the windshield issue. Let's see what happens. I am very disappointed in the way Kia is handling the issue. I've owned cars for 35 years and have never had a broken windshield before, here I've had two in 5 months.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ryanlindy

Reaction score
Finally got my windshield replaced today by safelite with a factory windshield and it was $680.39. Per Kia no calibration for the cruise control is needed if no lights on the dash come on.

Oneunder

Reaction score
Finally got my windshield replaced today by safelite with a factory windshield and it was $680.39. Per Kia no calibration for the cruise control is needed if no lights on the dash come on.
Wow!!! Mine cost $1500. In Kentucky. It was a Kia windshield. I guess I got ripped off.