No soliciting permitted.

Yakima Roof Rack System

LoboInCO97

Reaction score
n00b question here: do these amazon ones scratch and scuff the rails they mount on? or do they have some rubberized coating or anything?
From my experience they simply clamp on like the fitkit from Thule to the rails. I haven't seen any scratches on the rails attached to the Telluride. The clamps from my Skybox did scratch the Amazon cross bars though but I could care less about that.

Wiluride

Reaction score
I bought some bars off Amazon... they had been returned by a previous customer... they arrived and I installed them partially just to get a sense of how they'd look and function.

Eventually I discovered the outer end caps had a little tab broken on two of the caps. I'm returning them...

Not entirely sure I'd kept them even if the pieces weren't a problem. The overall look of the mounts is a bit cheezy... I wouldn't really want to leave them on my Telluride if I wasn't actively using them , they just look a bit cheap. 20210430_202620.jpg 20210430_202544.jpg
20210430_202517-jpg.18437

Attachments

• 20210430_202517.jpg
    20210430_202517.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 104

Socal949

Reaction score
Tho
I bought some bars off Amazon... they had been returned by a previous customer... they arrived and I installed them partially just to get a sense of how they'd look and function.

Eventually I discovered the outer end caps had a little tab broken on two of the caps. I'm returning them...

Not entirely sure I'd kept them even if the pieces weren't a problem. The overall look of the mounts is a bit cheezy... I wouldn't really want to leave them on my Telluride if I wasn't actively using them , they just look a bit cheap. View attachment 18435
Those definitely don’t look that great. No wonder they where returned in the first place. I bought some off of Amazon as well. They look like the OEM ones and couldn’t be any happier at fraction of the price. Highly recommend them. I added a review and pics of them online. Haven’t even checked if my review got approved. Best of luck

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
A word of caution for anyone ordering pricier items through Amazon.

Numerous scammers have been ordering legit merchandise then returning knock-offs inside the original packaging and since Amazon’s warehouses are largely automated, the many knock-offs get shipped out to customers paying for the real deal.

With something like cross bars, I wouldn’t take any chances and order directly from Yakima or from a legit reseller, not Scamazon.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!