Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

5,080 Kia Telluride sold in March 2019

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
i have my lease running out end of may and will have to return my accord. i hope to get mine before that. I ordered 22nd Mar. No information from Kia on the delivery date. Only speculations from the dealer of mid May delivery....

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
woow increase by 500 units for Apr. I believe the number had potential to be even higher and was limited by Kia's ability to deliver more units

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Buy one , a fully loaded SXL is a very nice SUV , I would get another one without question based on my experience , ( and I might cuz my wife REALLY doesnt like the look and size of the Telly ................)
Yea common sense says buy one @ 6-7 k discount. Just cant do it, they are too Highlander for me....

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
6,273 Telluride were sold in May 2019 in the USA. Here is graph comparing Telluride and Sorento sales between 2018 and 2019:

It is interesting that the Sorento sales seems to keep up. Not as much as 2018 but still pretty good.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
6,273 Telluride were sold in May 2019 in the USA. Here is graph comparing Telluride and Sorento sales between 2018 and 2019:

View attachment 1438

It is interesting that the Sorento sales seems to keep up. Not as much as 2018 but still pretty good.
Thanks for the comparison. We are also discussing this over here...

Buckeye-TRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
6,273 units for April with a grand total of 17,238 for the year! Looks like sales are steadily increasing m-o-m as they ramp up production, great news for those waiting! I’d say they’ll hit closer to 60-70k units for year if they can continue to increase their output. Kia is up 5% overall for the year and based on the overall numbers the Telluride is 100% driving the difference.

Kia Rocks!!

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
FYI. The Kia plant in Georgia makes the Optima, Sorento and the Tulluride. These are all made on the same line. We no longer make the Santa Fe for Hyundai. That is made in the Hyundai Alabama plant. They make the Sonata, Elantra, and Santa Fe.

YEH

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Sorento was down around 2k units for the month (which pulled it slightly down for the year).

Wouldn't be surprised to see this continue as the increase in supply of the Telluride was at the expense of the Sorento.

But aside from that, Sorento sales could very well have held up reasonably well, as the Telluride has been bringing in more traffic into Kia dealerships w/ a certain # of prospective buyers originally looking at the larger sibling opting for the Sorento (enough CUV for their needs, better deals, etc.).

Kia Rocks!!

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Sorento was down around 2k units for the month (which pulled it slightly down for the year).

Wouldn't be surprised to see this continue as the increase in supply of the Telluride was at the expense of the Sorento.

But aside from that, Sorento sales could very well have held up reasonably well, as the Telluride has been bringing in more traffic into Kia dealerships w/ a certain # of prospective buyers originally looking at the larger sibling opting for the Sorento (enough CUV for their needs, better deals, etc.).
Exactly.

axeman149

Reaction score

I fully agree. I would have never walked into a KIA dealership if it wasnt for the Telluride. Once I was there, I actually entertained the idea of a Sorento. Still waited for the Telluride, but we would have another Explorer or an Expedition if the Telluride had never come out.

Kia Rocks!!

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We have a VW Atlas, Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander at the plant that makes the Telluride. We have done many many many hours of evaluations in all these vehicles. The Telluride is much better in almost all areas. I am not just saying this because I am a Kia employee.

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!