No soliciting permitted.

The build quality spoils all the positive experiences.

ccorry21

Reaction score
Alrighty folks, I think we've exhausted this thread.

@Kwim, you've expressed your QC concerns, they'll live on this site for people to see. To you and everyone else, how about we just move on. That's kinda the point of this thing, sharing information, some healthy debate and let people draw their own conclusions based on information presented.

This is the first forum I've ever joined, I don't like the negativity between members in most forums which is why I usually stay out. It's pretty peaceful around here most of the time, I like that. How about we call it a day here...
Whole-heartedly agree.
I come here to escape the crazy on the Facebook groups o_O
Time for all of us to “unwatch” this thread and move on.

mgoblue

Reaction score
Some observations about this thread...

I don’t have a particular side in this argument. I think the Telluride is a very good high-value vehicle, but it is also just a big metal box from a mass market brand. Its special, but not *that* special.

I will say that while I think maybe some of the flaws pointed out here are very nit-picky, it’s also kinda comical to hear some people bash the OP for that when they complain multiple times per day about other parts of the Kia experience.

“You don’t like the fabric? Come on man it’s not an Audi! By the way how come they haven’t made my SXP to spec yet and how dare they charge more than MSRP and continue to move my delivery date?”

(PS there’s an ignore button?!)

av642

Reaction score
Some observations about this thread...

I don’t have a particular side in this argument. I think the Telluride is a very good high-value vehicle, but it is also just a big metal box from a mass market brand. Its special, but not *that* special.

I will say that while I think maybe some of the flaws pointed out here are very nit-picky, it’s also kinda comical to hear some people bash the OP for that when they complain multiple times per day about other parts of the Kia experience.

“You don’t like the fabric? Come on man it’s not an Audi! By the way how come they haven’t made my SXP to spec yet and how dare they charge more than MSRP and continue to move my delivery date?”

(PS there’s an ignore button?!)

Funny, this is the same thing that happens on the tesla forums. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong in critiquing a product. That's how they will hopefully improve over time.

Kwim

Reaction score
I was at the dealer today, everything is expected - everything is under warranty replacement.
Although there was an attempt to send me to the dealer where the car was bought, but after my objection - I can contact any dealer - the process is gone.
They tried to clean the headliner from the glue, but ... also for a replacement.

Guys, can anyone know how I can get rid of this glue?

Regarding the paint - here it is already necessary to obtain confirmation from Kia Canada. The dealer took photos and sent them for approval. Waiting for an answer.

Attachments

Nac

Reaction score
I am not sure how to remove the glue without damaging the headliner material, it probably needs to be replaced. If they agree to replace it, different glue removers could be tried and if damage occurs it gets replaced anyway; nothing to loose there. However that does nothing for the other defects (shaggy edge).

I think the paint correction is a greater concern; all other defects appear able to be corrected with new parts, new paint may require original paint removal which is always a bad thing from a corrosion prevention aspect.

Good luck, I hope they adequately fix all the defects you discovered .

Kwim

Reaction score
Overpriced Kia Canada.
It's just some kind of clowning from Kia Canada.
Yesterday the dealer confirmed all the defects, issued a work order where everything is described in detail, except for the paint. We ordered spare parts. They waited for an answer on the paint defect.
The dealer called today and said that Kia Canada instructed the dealer not to repair.
Someone here asked in another thread regarding court decisions. Added a pre-trial claim to the case that was opened earlier. Gave time for Kia Canada until September 30 to eliminate factory defects. If they refuse or ignore, I will go to court.

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Overpriced Kia Canada.
It's just some kind of clowning from Kia Canada.
Yesterday the dealer confirmed all the defects, issued a work order where everything is described in detail, except for the paint. We ordered spare parts. They waited for an answer on the paint defect.
The dealer called today and said that Kia Canada instructed the dealer not to repair.
Someone here asked in another thread regarding court decisions. Added a pre-trial claim to the case that was opened earlier. Gave time for Kia Canada until September 30 to eliminate factory defects. If they refuse or ignore, I will go to court.
Have fun with that. You're only going to keep it for 2 years anyway, so why bother with all this? It's tough to be a perfectionist... are you ever satisfied?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Kwim

Reaction score
Have fun with that.
It is always interesting to learn new things.

You're only going to keep it for 2 years anyway, so why bother with all this?
Yes, I do. But we never know how life is going and we may have to keep more.
Although to be honest, I think I will drive longer, since I really like the car.

It's tough to be a perfectionist... are you ever satisfied?
Better to be perfectionist than ignore. Moreover, my job requires me to do this. Frankly, sometimes, of course, it is difficult for others, but I myself try to do my best and I ask from others.
As I wrote above, it doesn't matter what brand it is, it doesn't matter how much a new car costs. It matters that it is new and must be free from defects.

Last edited:

Wee

Reaction score
bashing this guy/gal for their attention to detail is childish.

Some people expect a certain level of quality regardless of the price point or product and frankly the QC issues the OP has called out are more than valid concerns and issues. The belief that this level of QC is reserved for OEM's that make less than 100,000 units per year with 6-7 figure price tags is faulty at best.

Every manufacturing process, product and industry have tolerance levels in place to accommodate for variances, car manufacturer tolerances are very tight - as someone already mentioned this is one of the reason Tesla catches heat and engineers from Detroit have even called them out for their young ignorance in believing car manufacturing was easy......it's not and further explains why tolerances are tight and QC levels are high.

Stop shitting on individuals who prefer not to believe mediocre work or craftsmanship is acceptable.

blitt

Reaction score
Several of those defects are mm in size. While still defects nonetheless, I highly doubt any mainstream auto brand inspects details that tiny. I would even be surprised if luxury auto manufacturers looked for defects that small with their QC staff.

Also for the majority of the time you spend in your car, how often are you looking at those spots? I probably have defects in my SXP too, but I spend 100% of my time looking at the dash, center console, infotainment, and my wife and kid in the rearview. No time/interest to look for tiny nicks in the plastic/fabric. And at this point, impossible to tell if i caused them or the manufacturer did.

I have owned Mercedes SUV and Escalade.....and both had more "quality defects" than my SX P.

Nas4atu10

Reaction score

Some people expect a certain level of quality regardless of the price point or product and frankly the QC issues the OP has called out are more than valid concerns and issues. The belief that this level of QC is reserved for OEM's that make less than 100,000 units per year with 6-7 figure price tags is faulty at best.

Every manufacturing process, product and industry have tolerance levels in place to accommodate for variances, car manufacturer tolerances are very tight - as someone already mentioned this is one of the reason Tesla catches heat and engineers from Detroit have even called them out for their young ignorance in believing car manufacturing was easy......it's not and further explains why tolerances are tight and QC levels are high.

Stop shitting on individuals who prefer not to believe mediocre work or craftsmanship is acceptable.
Catch it before you sign on the dotted line and no one would be “bashing” anyone. Plain and simple.

NDBlackEX

Reaction score
Catch it before you sign on the dotted line and no one would be “bashing” anyone. Plain and simple.
How about catching it before it leaves the factory? It's not like you can just say, "I don't like this one, sell me that one" and pick a different unit off the lot.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
How about catching it before it leaves the factory? It's not like you can just say, "I don't like this one, sell me that one" and pick a different unit off the lot.
Especially with the current wait times.

NDBlackEX

Reaction score
Especially with the current wait times.
Right. I'm dealing with fit and finish issues with mine and I've yet to take delivery. I'm scheduled to take delivery on Friday from over 200 miles away.

Nas4atu10

Reaction score
Completely fair. But if you are the one who doesn’t look over the vehicle before signing for it, that is your own fault at that point. Now if you catch it before you sign and then are given the run around by Kia, completely different story. No one is forcing anyone to purchase a vehicle that has unacceptable things wrong with it to the buyer. So either have them fix it, find a new one (probably impossible at this time), knock the price down, or walk away. It’s that simple. If I go to buy a home and the inspector catches something that the seller doesn’t agree to fix, I’m not buying the house if whatever is found is that bad, I’ll simply walk away. No one is forced to purchase this vehicle.

blitt

Reaction score

So....the OP is entitled to their opinion and you are entitled to yours....however, I dislike it when forum posts start using the language in your last line....which unfortunately seems to be the "new norm" in so many aspects of life today. You made your point well before that last line.

Last edited:

av642

Reaction score
I understand having pride in your vehicle/manufacturer of the vehicle.

That being said, you shouldn't have to accept qc problems.

Every manufacturer has issues, it's how they treat you and take care of them after you find them that matters.

I encourage you to look over your vehicle in daylight and note any issues you may find. That way the dealer knows about them upon delivery. I know this isn't always possible.

Either way, best of luck to everyone here 👍