No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Upgraded the door speakers (Non-HK)

nickson

Reaction score
Was the door panel that easy as well.
I recommend using an automotive door panel removing tool to eliminate the risk of scratching anything but very easy. Start from the bottom and slide around the door popping the plastic clips. Before you remove the door panel, you have to gently remove the black plastic (triangle shaped) pieces on each door.

Chchoe78

Reaction score
Again great work and thanks for sharing. I will revisit this when I decide to upgrade my speakers. Currently working on the best solution for adding wireless charging to my center console and a way to got a/c on my seats. Have a few ideas on my other post.

gmneil

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
any easy way to get the rca signal so I can hook it up to my amp, I have th eupgraded sound system are there already rca's I can y off of?

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
any easy way to get the rca signal so I can hook it up to my amp, I have th eupgraded sound system are there already rca's I can y off of?
Was this worth the effort, money and time ? Do you see improved sound quality?

tellurideex2020

Reaction score
I asked crutchfield to send me the Kia Sorento harness. We'll see if it fits. If not, I'll buy a soldering kit from Amazon and do as you suggest.
Did the harness work? I am looking to upgrade the speakers in my Telluride EX and am thinking of going with 6.5 inch speakers which are easy to install. Unfortunately, I have zero knowledge on how to do this so, I am looking for a simple way to change speakers. Your input is very appreciated

nickson

Reaction score
Did the harness work? I am looking to upgrade the speakers in my Telluride EX and am thinking of going with 6.5 inch speakers which are easy to install. Unfortunately, I have zero knowledge on how to do this so, I am looking for a simple way to change speakers. Your input is very appreciated
Unfortunately, no. They were too shallow resulting in the speaker magnet (potentially) touching the window when down. I reused the factory speaker bracket as described by the original poster. Just have to cut/break away the original speaker material. It worked fine.

ElCangriz

Reaction score
Some almost finished pics. Have some wire detail work to do but all functional. Hits fairly hard but not comp level of course.
According to that image of the speaker diagram, Is there a Subwoofer hidden inside a panel towards the rear that can essentially be replaced????

Rx9790

Reaction score
According to that image of the speaker diagram, Is there a Subwoofer hidden inside a panel towards the rear that can essentially be replaced????
Sorry, just saw this. The ex does not have a sub and that space is storage.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!