Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Interior lighting kit?

Reaction score
So does it come on automatically and is it controlled by the same interface as the mood lighting on the doors? My concern is that I don't want to have to deal with multiple controls and I don't want it to be a completely different color than the rest of the mood lighting. I do however like the fact that it lights up the cup holders as that was a complaint I had although not a huge deal. I just had light rings in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and really liked that at night.
it's independent of the SX lighting system. Mine's an EX, but it comes with its own button which goes in front of the cup holder in what i call the wallet holder. they turn on/off automatically when you turn the car on/off. you change the led color by tapping the power button on the LED kit.

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
it's independent of the SX lighting system. Mine's an EX, but it comes with its own button which goes in front of the cup holder in what i call the wallet holder. they turn on/off automatically when you turn the car on/off. you change the led color by tapping the power button on the LED kit.
That is so odd that there would be two interior lighting systems that run off of different systems. Seems like poor planning/afterthoughts.

Reaction score
That is so odd that there would be two interior lighting systems that run off of different systems. Seems like poor planning/afterthoughts.
all i can speak for, is that it definitely has its own power button and color selection (same button different option). whether or not it directly also interfaces with the SX remains to be seen, as I have an EX, and cannot comment on that directly.

Utmonteri

Reaction score
I can 100 percent confirm that on my EX model, it does NOT at all interface with the factory menu system. I spent almost an hour thumbing through the menu options in hopes of finding settings to integrate it, and it's not there at all. The colors are controlled by tapping the button in the cup holder area. It's nice, but probably not worth the $ involved to purchase/install it. I got mine from kia part world on a discount, and had it installed by my buddy's shop for free. So if I had to pay retail on the kit, and pay to install it, i never would've gotten it.
You’re correct it does NOT work with the factory ambient lighting! It took me a while to figure out how to get the colors to match manually in my SX.

G

G-342728

You’re correct it does NOT work with the factory ambient lighting! It took me a while to figure out how to get the colors to match manually in my SX.
How did you get the interior lights (near the floor and cup holders) to change colors in your SX? We just got an SX and can’t figure out how to change them. Thanks

ksyrah

Reaction score
How did you get the interior lights (near the floor and cup holders) to change colors in your SX? We just got an SX and can’t figure out how to change them. Thanks
From another thread

The SX does have mood lighting. Press the "setup" button on the main instrument panel. On your 10" screen, swipe to the right and look for "Vehicle". Press that button, and you should see a lighting option under that menu. Note that you will not see the light during the day, its very subtle. You have to been in relative dark for it to shine, even on its brightest setting.

chicagopaul

Reaction score
This is correct. Just had mine installed yesterday. Took them about 5 hours. View attachment 1803View attachment 1804View attachment 1805View attachment 1806
Is there 2 lights on each side? I ordered a factory kit and had Kia install it - I thought the description said 2 lights on each side but mine only has one on each side. Also they mounted the lights on the center counsel panel, and Kia didn’t give me the instructions back to see if that is correct. It seems like they should be under the dash board shining down. Just trying to compare notes to make sure they installed it correctly. Thanks

Alley

Reaction score
Has anyone sprung for the interior lighting kit add on? Is it worth the $450 extra? If it only lights the front row footwells I can't see myself doing it. But does it light up the 2nd row too? I think my kiddo may enjoy it if so.
$339 @ west hill Kia in Bremerton,Wa. Am doing my own installation

ernysan

Reaction score
Go with aftermarket option thru the usb ports will save more than $300 Mine looks great and I install all three rows

Agent007

Reaction score
Yeup just got mine in yesterday and its true. You control the color by the "wallet" holder. I dont know why they didnt integrate that or add it as a sep option in the menu but it works esp if u want to do a color combo

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Ashton1236

Reaction score
Stay tuned. I'll let you know if my telly ever shows up.
It is not controlled by the same. The picture above with the button in the little holder compartment near cup holders is how you change the color of the interior lighting. The ambient lighting in the SX model is controlled by the touchscreen under settings>vehicle>lighting. You can get them to match color but it is not automatic from the touchscreen. The foot lighting you just keep hitting the button and it changes colors (I believe there are 16 options of color)

bogie

Reaction score
Someone who bought the kit and installed yourself - you able to share the the install instructions?

TIA