You've found the busiest Telluride community online!

Please register and become a member. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Kia Telluride US production stats. by trim and colors

NREVANS

Reaction score
If you said this in an earlier post I missed it when reading back through them, but where do you get your information from?

Coe1924

Reaction score
Here is your VIN windows sticker: https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYP5DHC2LG057837

This VIN windows sticker got generated on November 1, 2019. Normally once a VIN windows sticker gets generated, the Telluride should get shipped at the dealer in about 30 days.
Well we can pray for sooner haha. They’re quoting me a November 30th delivery so sounds about right. There is an end to my wait far far off in the distance now.

mshabana

Reaction score
It is very time consuming for me to update this Google Sheet weekly. For now I will update it monthly.

As for the Telluride you are looking for, I did a quick query in my database and so far nothing is found that matches you criteria.

There are 520 Telluride that were produced that match your criteria (Snow White Pearl SX Prestige with Dune brown interior with tow package), and 56 of them for Texas.
Thank you for looking that up.The dealer told me last week that it would be around the first week of January but I know sometimes it could be sooner so that's why I was wondering.
Not sure how good the communication is between KIA and the dealer.I'm just getting more and more impatient by each and every day that passes waiting for the Telluride.
It's driving me nuts man.When I ordered,I thought 3 month is long,but now I would do jumping Jacks if that was the case lol

TxAggie

Telluride Junkie
Reaction score
I have now made a available my database as a read-only Google Sheet. Anyone can now search/filter any information they need. This Google Sheet contains all produced VINs window sticker for the Telluride until October 31, 2019.

This is awesome! I just scanned through and it doesn't appear that mine has a VIN # allocated yet. If I don't hear anything from my dealer this month, I'll check back when the spreadsheet is updated.

Thanks for all the hard work!

blitt

Reaction score
What are the last 5 digits serial number for your VIN ? I can check on my side. The last serial number that got generated yesterday (November 3, 2019) is 58237.
Just curious.....how can you access the production data and see the latest serial number generated on a given day?? I am interested in the latest serial numbers (November) for my dealer which is PA018. Thanks for your work....your efforts keep us more informed than the dealers!!

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just curious.....how can you access the production data and see the latest serial number generated on a given day?? I am interested in the latest serial numbers (November) for my dealer which is PA018. Thanks for your work....your efforts keep us more informed than the dealers!!
This is the way I do it:

1- Everyday, I generate a bunch of Telluride VINs starting with the previous day serial number.

2- For each of those generated VINs, I call the the following URL. For example: https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYP5DHC2LG057837

3- If the URL returns me a VIN window sticker PDF file, then I know this is a valid VIN and I add it to my database with all of the information from the PDF file. If for a serial number no VIN window sticker PDF is found, then it is a VIN for Canada or the Middle East.

Of course, I don't do this manually. I have written a computer application that does all of this data scraping.

As for the latest November VINs for your PA018 dealer, there is only one (TELLURIDE S V6 AWD - Black / black) : 5XYP6DHC6LG058244

blitt

Reaction score
This is the way I do it:

1- Everyday, I generate a bunch of Telluride VINs starting with the previous day serial number.

2- For each of those generated VINs, I call the the following URL. For example: https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYP5DHC2LG057837

3- If the URL returns me a VIN window sticker PDF file, then I know this is a valid VIN and I add it to my database with all of the information from the PDF file. If for a serial number no VIN window sticker PDF is found, then it is a VIN for Canada or the Middle East.

Of course, I don't do this manually. I have written a computer application that does all of this data scraping.

As for the latest November VINs for your PA018 dealer, there is only one (TELLURIDE S V6 AWD - Black / black) : 5XYP6DHC6LG058244
Thank you very much....I know enough tech stuff to be "dangerous" and was just curious as to the process you are using! And thanks for dealer update.....They have an SX/P Black Copper, Black leather on "allocation" and I have put a downpayment on it......your info indicates no vin generated for it as yet. They tell me probable delivery 2nd wee of Dec. .......I am doubting that. Your data indicates the dealer is getting about 4 or 5 vins per month as of late.....so maybe I might get lucky! Thanks again.......

blitt

Reaction score
This is the way I do it:

No question you are the VIN "wizard" in this forum! I need further education .....I know the last 5 digits are the serial number, but can you interpret the rest of the VIN?
5XYP6DHC6LG058244 as an example?? Something in there indicates model, year produced and location , correct?

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No question you are the VIN "wizard" in this forum! I need further education .....I know the last 5 digits are the serial number, but can you interpret the rest of the VIN?
5XYP6DHC6LG058244 as an example?? Something in there indicates model, year produced and location , correct?
Here is the VIN decoding guide for the Telluride on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) web site :

https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/home/displayfile/7f5e483c-54f6-4733-8b08-5c154c3f15e9

The tricky part is the 'Check Digit' at position 9 of the VIN. You can Google 'VIN check digit' to find out how to calculate this digit correctly (you don't want to calculate this manually by yourself !!!).

Last edited:

blitt

Reaction score
Here is the VIN decoding guide for the Telluride on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) web site :

https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/home/displayfile/7f5e483c-54f6-4733-8b08-5c154c3f15e9

The tricky part is the 'Check Digit' at position 9 of the VIN. You can Google 'VIN check digit' to find out how to calculated this digit correctly (you don't want to calculate this manually by yourself !!!).
Again.....much thanks!

Kbraddock

Reaction score
Here are the production stats since the start of 2019 until October 31, 2019.

View attachment 4599

Also, as requested by a number of forum members, here is a read-only copy of my full database exported as Google Sheet. If a VIN contains .. then this VIN is a Canadian or Middle East VIN and no information is yet available for these VINs.

With this Google Sheet, you can filter by any of the available columns and find out which Telluride model/color is coming to your nearest dealer. From what I have seen, once a VIN window sticker is generated (VIN_CREATION_DATE), it takes about 30 days for the Telluride to be build and shipped to the dealer.

Kia Telluride - 2020 - Production stats

Enjoy.

Is there a way for you to pull what has been produced so far in November? I have been told that my SX is coming on Nov 17th, but there is no VIN# they can give me. I noticed in your raw data, i can search via dealership and see all the VIN#s associated. I would hope that mine is allocated with a VIN, but i would like to be certain.

Wee

Reaction score
I have now made a available my database as a read-only Google Sheet. Anyone can now search/filter any information they need. This Google Sheet contains all produced VINs window sticker for the Telluride until October 31, 2019.

Are the vehicles listed here all "customer orders" or just a list of cars with created VIN #'s headed out to dealers and some could be available to public?

(apologize if that was already clarified)

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Are the vehicles listed here all "customer orders" or just a list of cars with created VIN #'s headed out to dealers and some could be available to public?

This is just a list of cars with created VIN #'s headed out to dealers and some could be available to public. I don't know if these VIN's are "customer orders" or not.

Tino

Reaction score
So for the SX-P with Towing package configuration, Snow White Pearl over Dune Brown is the most produced color. That's good news for me, I think, haha.
Maybe, maybe not. Early on KIA was having difficulties with their suppliers keeping up with demand. This slowed to production of SXPs to the point that in July KIA put a freeze on SXP orders. The freeze has since been lifted, but it is possible the KIA is limiting product of some orders base on what parts they have available. IE dune leather seats etc.

ELACEE

Reaction score

I can say that I have seen both on the list (my order was listed). Now this is limited since it's based on only a few vehicles, but at least a few on the list were available to purchase in my area. Based on that, I am assuming that it's both. I *suppose* those could have been orders that fell through, but I tend to think it's both. From VIN date on the list to the dealership was 3 weeks, so you can always call the dealer and ask if the (whichever one you see on the list) is available to purchase.

I will add that my vehicle did NOT show up on Kia's inventory page. I don't know what that means, if anything.

Also, one day I stopped by the dealership to drop off some paperwork and one of the salespeople asked me if I had seen the silver SX outside. He went on to say that they got a couple Tellurides they weren't expecting because they agreed to take a couple of other cars (and the Tellurides were thrown in as incentive). So, you never really know what may show up. This one was an SX/AWD (not Prestige). I don't remember what the other one was. I was tempted, 😬 but didn't want AWD.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Pic of VIN label in door. Got SX Limited in Canada. Trying to figure out the abbreviations. What does trim WK mean? Also wish I could see my VIN window sticker to make sure I got all my order.
I have no idea what 'TRIM WK' means (maybe someone with a US model Telluride can verify if it is the same). As for the VIN window sticker, it is required by law in the US and Canada to have it displayed to the car when you buy it. You can demand it from your dealer (can you also ask him if you can verify this VIN window sticker online, just like you can for US Telluride's. If there is such an online URL for Canadian models, this will be great because I will be able to update my database with Canadian Telurride's VIN and share this information with everyone).

Interesting note is that your door plate indicates that your Telluride was built on September 19, 2019. According to my listing, the VIN windows sticker would have been generated on September 6, 2019 (even if I don't have the actual VIN windows sticker, if you look at the US models before and after your VIN 45281 serial number, you can see that those VIN's were generated on September 6, 2019). So it basically took 13 days between the VIN windows sticker generation and the date it actually got built. Can some other members confirm this by comparing their door plate built date and the VIN_CREATION_DATE from my Google Sheet.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Wittrock

Reaction score
Here is your VIN windows sticker: https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYP5DHC2LG057837

This VIN windows sticker got generated on November 1, 2019. Normally once a VIN windows sticker gets generated, the Telluride should get shipped at the dealer in about 30 days.
My lasted delivery date is Nov 25, but looking at your data there is no Telluride that matches mine being produced. Thinking I should get a new delivery date if it could take 30 days to get shipped. Sx AWD Eboney black with butterscotch seats and towing. Sent to KIA of Mankato. Maybe by x-mas.