No soliciting permitted.

Latest information on Ordering System(Kdealer/KFOS) starting Sept 2020

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Will dealers still be allowed to manually enter orders when the allocations open in September? My dealer (sales manager) told me today that I am first in line for an SX and he would enter the order when and if he gets an allocation for one this period. At the time this happens, he said he would call and finalize my order as to options etc. and enter it into KFOS. Is this going to be allowed? Thanks for your help!
Orders in Kdealer will automatically go in... if dealer gets additional allocation than what is in line in kdealer than dealer can manually add additional request...

so in your case if you are number one to be entered into KFOS and they have no SX request in kdealer than you will be fine... They should already have your order in kdealer according to how KIa wants things done... If you order is in kdealer and it gets filled by Kia through KFOS than you will no be able to edit order according to latest memo

Dan Mahalek

Reaction score
Orders in Kdealer will automatically go in... if dealer gets additional allocation than what is in line in kdealer than dealer can manually add additional request...

so in your case if you are number one to be entered into KFOS and they have no SX request in kdealer than you will be fine... They should already have your order in kdealer according to how KIa wants things done... If you order is in kdealer and it gets filled by Kia through KFOS than you will no be able to edit order according to latest memo
Thanks Stephen, the help you provide to all of us is invaluable.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
@StephenCantrelle I assume KFOS is now open for Sept? Just wondering how the Sept ordering system changes ended up working out with orders from Kdealer automatically transferring to KFOS?

Also, how did the Sept SX AWD allocations look compared to Aug and July?
Actually opening late this month. Opens up next week. Will post how we look. I would imagine it will be another strong allocation month

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
@StephenCantrelle I assume KFOS is now open for Sept? Just wondering how the Sept ordering system changes ended up working out with orders from Kdealer automatically transferring to KFOS?

Just got our numbers for this month allocation and it is very strong... I am actually finally caught up with my SX AWD/SX Prestige orders

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
Just got our numbers for this month allocation and it is very strong... I am actually finally caught up with my SX AWD/SX Prestige orders

Just waiting for a few key old orders to get VINs. ;)

MaeMae2001

Reaction score
All sales people who are on the internet team are " internet sales managers" so wouldn't read to much into it.. Most dealers will have one person dedicated to putting orders into KFOS so that little confusion happens..

Prior to this coming up allocation we manually entered/transferred orders into KFOS from Kdealer..

If they don't read the messages on our internal billboard from Kia and have orders sitting in KFOS that aren't up to date and are not accurate then yes will effect them this month and then they will realize whats going on...

Like a moving train you either see it coming and get out the way or you will know once it smacks you if you aren't paying attention.

Stephen, the part where you said "aren't up to date and are not accurate" has me intrigued. I originally ordered SWP paint but now they're doing GWP. If my order is in KFOS still says SWP as the paint color, could that be causing me a delay in production of my vehicle?

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Stephen, the part where you said "aren't up to date and are not accurate" has me intrigued. I originally ordered SWP paint but now they're doing GWP. If my order is in KFOS still says SWP as the paint color, could that be causing me a delay in production of my vehicle?
Kia automatically switch those that can not be produced in SWP to GWP.. what is the latest information you have from your dealer? Is there a VIn yet? What is your latest ETA?

MaeMae2001

Reaction score
Kia automatically switch those that can not be produced in SWP to GWP.. what is the latest information you have from your dealer? Is there a VIn yet? What is your latest ETA?

Lastest info is still the same. Received order # from KFOS on July 22. But no VIN yet. (I inquired again about VIN last week and still nothing.) Last info I received about landing date was from that July 22 communication which said, "first week of October at the latest", which is obviously now not going to happen.

jbarks0

Reaction score
Lastest info is still the same. Received order # from KFOS on July 22. But no VIN yet. (I inquired again about VIN last week and still nothing.) Last info I received about landing date was from that July 22 communication which said, "first week of October at the latest", which is obviously now not going to happen.
I'm in the same boat as you. We have both ordered the trim and color combo and both entered into KFOS the same month. As you can see in my signature, my ETA has been pushed out a month since the original ETA they gave me in July. Hopefully you have better luck and get yours sooner as you have been waiting much longer than I have, but I would say the first week of October is not looking very likely.

d2425

Reaction score
Just so I understand, did KFOS open for orders early for September (you previously noted it would open next week)? Or did you just get your allocation numbers today, and then you get KDealer in order so that they automatically feed into KFOS correctly next week? My dealer said I should make it into KFOS in September, so just trying to decide when to bug him about whether it happened or not.

Last edited:

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Just so I understand, did KFOS open for orders early for September (you previously noted it would open next week)? Or did you just get your allocation numbers today, and then you get KDealer in order so that they automatically feed into KFOS correctly next week? My dealer said I should make it into KFOS in September, so just trying to decide when to bug him about whether it happened or not.
We got our numbers today and can enter orders.. request close on Monday and get filled Tuesday-Thursday next week

d2425

Reaction score
We got our numbers today and can enter orders.. request close on Monday and get filled Tuesday-Thursday next week
Thanks! I'll give him a little time then :)

marcusrolph

Reaction score
Same here. My urge was to call my dealer today but I'll wait till tomorrow, too.

JerseySXP

Reaction score
@StephenCantrelle is it remotely possible that the orders are only getting pulled from Kdealer and the July allocations sitting in KFOS are just lost?

Is it possible that vehicles are only being made based on pulling from Kdealer? If that's the case then the July Allocations must go back and n Kdealer...wild theory but just asking.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
@StephenCantrelle is it remotely possible that the orders are only getting pulled from Kdealer and the July allocations sitting in KFOS are just lost?

Is it possible that vehicles are only being made based on pulling from Kdealer? If that's the case then the July Allocations must go back and n Kdealer...wild theory but just asking.
In short, no not possible.. just a batch in Kdealer got filled before KFOS opened. All is fine. Those that got filled from Kdealer were about to be built and matched request.

trying not to over complicate and confuse people. But all is fine with July KFOS orders.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Dan Mahalek

Reaction score

My dealer called this morning regarding my order for an SX. He said that he received no SX allocation for September; however he would submit a request for one on Monday. Can you explain how this process works. Thanks.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
My dealer called this morning regarding my order for an SX. He said that he received no SX allocation for September; however he would submit a request for one on Monday. Can you explain how this process works. Thanks.
SX FWD or SX AWD? which location