No soliciting permitted.

Latest information on Ordering System(Kdealer/KFOS) starting Sept 2020

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Hi Stephen, would you be able to check a VIN and who the order is for?
Sure can just post full vin and initials

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Here is the VIN 5XYP5DHC7MG122652
Initials JC

THANK YOU!
ETA is 10-26 does not match your initials

d2425

Reaction score
Is KFOS officially closed for September? Can we bug our dealers now? :)

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Is KFOS officially closed for September? Can we bug our dealers now? :)
Yes.. all entered and accepted should have ETA's by now.. good to bug dealers haha

claybakin247

I THROW POTS!
Reaction score
Yes.. all entered and accepted should have ETA's by now.. good to bug dealers haha

Please help me understand a few things regarding ordering, allocation, etc and if this info is found elsewhere in the forums my apologies. I have tried and just cant seem to find answers. Even checking the Three Ways to Buy thread.

My sales guy knows I what I want. Nothing custom, just a straight up S in Dark Moss ( any interior) FWD or AWD. Yesterday he said, we’ve some models coming Oct 5, lemme check order guy, get back to you.

Today FC shows my dealer has one “allocated” (is that right word?) I text him “MINE MINE MINE!” Reply: “Sold before was even off the truck. I would have called you.” (I DID NOT TELL HIM HOW I KNOW.)

So, what happened here? They already had one ordered and a buyer ahead of me?

FC shows my dealer at 39 total over time. That’s about average for my state except for a couple dealerships in heavily populated area. Is Kia going to let them obtain/order my car? Or should I go to “Plan B“, order from another dealer, even out of state if necessary. I don’t mind waiting.

I’m hoping he’s not going to try to put me off from ordering all together. Keep stringing me along while they wait to nab one, or whatever they do to get inventory outside of placing a order for a specific buyer.

My apologies for the long post! And thank you, whatever your response. 😊

ETA: Well my sales guy just called and said he has ANOTHER one coming! Maybe today! My nerves can't take this! LOL! So..... nevermind!

Last edited:

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Please help me understand a few things regarding ordering, allocation, etc and if this info is found elsewhere in the forums my apologies. I have tried and just cant seem to find answers. Even checking the Three Ways to Buy thread.

My sales guy knows I what I want. Nothing custom, just a straight up S in Dark Moss ( any interior) FWD or AWD. Yesterday he said, we’ve some models coming Oct 5, lemme check order guy, get back to you.

Today FC shows my dealer has one “allocated” (is that right word?) I text him “MINE MINE MINE!” Reply: “Sold before was even off the truck. I would have called you.” (I DID NOT TELL HIM HOW I KNOW.)

So, what happened here? They already had one ordered and a buyer ahead of me?

FC shows my dealer at 39 total over time. That’s about average for my state except for a couple dealerships in heavily populated area. Is Kia going to let them obtain/order my car? Or should I go to “Plan B“, order from another dealer, even out of state if necessary. I don’t mind waiting.

I’m hoping he’s not going to try to put me off from ordering all together. Keep stringing me along while they wait to nab one, or whatever they do to get inventory outside of placing a order for a specific buyer.

My apologies for the long post! And thank you, whatever your response. 😊

ETA: Well my sales guy just called and said he has ANOTHER one coming! Maybe today! My nerves can't take this! LOL! So..... nevermind!
So lets start by 39 for the year is a low volume store.. may consider different locations as S models are much easier to come across than say an SX-P.

A simple post of fb for a S model Dark Moss may have the car in your driveway in the next week.

Also at such a low volume store the sale consultant may not have a "updated list of what is coming in." Culture and mindset may be more laxed if you will.

For example as cars show on FC they are still weeks to a month from showing to dealership.. so he may have thought of a completely different Telluride than the Vin you provided him.. So also may want to double check and say this Vin is assigned to you(Dealer).. it is coming in a few weeks to a month.. can you see if this one is reserved.

If it is indeed reserved than yes it was a person who ordered before you and has been waiting.

Hope this helps..

claybakin247

I THROW POTS!
Reaction score
So lets start by 39 for the year is a low volume store.. may consider different locations as S models are much easier to come across than say an SX-P.

A simple post of fb for a S model Dark Moss may have the car in your driveway in the next week.

Also at such a low volume store the sale consultant may not have a "updated list of what is coming in." Culture and mindset may be more laxed if you will.

For example as cars show on FC they are still weeks to a month from showing to dealership.. so he may have thought of a completely different Telluride than the Vin you provided him.. So also may want to double check and say this Vin is assigned to you(Dealer).. it is coming in a few weeks to a month.. can you see if this one is reserved.

If it is indeed reserved than yes it was a person who ordered before you and has been waiting.

Hope this helps..

Oh thank you so much for clarifying a few things @StephenCantrelle ! I'm pretty confident that I'll have one by the end of the week at the very least. The one he's says is coming in.... he later said it isn't in their inventory yet so we cannot move forward just yet, but that "I will get first crack!" LOL! I assume this means they have an inventory system of their own that it must go into first. Whatever, it sounds like I need to RELAX!

Its a small dealership in western VA, 30 mi south of me (WV) and they are selling at MSRP with a $500 dealer cash incentive. (These folks in NOVA paying $10K over need to look around more! My dealership is only a couple hours or less from there!)

After reading some of the nightmares on here, for the first time ever since relocating here in 2012 from a big city in VA, I'm glad to be in small-town USA! LOL! I feel very lucky!

Reaction score
When does KFOS open for October?

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
When does KFOS open for October?
Opened on the 15th... we are putting our order in till Tuesday and then will get inital ETA's for accepted orders Wed-Fri next week

clemsonchris

Reaction score
Opened on the 15th... we are putting our order in till Tuesday and then will get inital ETA's for accepted orders Wed-Fri next week

Reaction score
When you put in an order do you know right away if it’s accepted? Or you put in 15th and then by today (KFOS close) you are notified it’s accepted? Then initial ETA next week?

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
When you put in an order do you know right away if it’s accepted? Or you put in 15th and then by today (KFOS close) you are notified it’s accepted? Then initial ETA next week?
So when we open we see how many we have allocated therefore we can tell who is going to be accepted. KFOS will be open for a few days so we can put in orders or have orders transfer from Kdealer to KFOS.

sometimes there are bonus units(Supplement) that the dealer may or may not get.

Once KFOS closes we start to get ETA’s on the orders as they “fill” and get accepted by Kia.
Usually within 24-72 hours once KFOS closes.
KFOS closed yesterday so we started getting ETA’s today.

The bonus units(supplement) we figure out if we get after the normal KFOS allocation is filled.

Reaction score
So when we open we see how many we have allocated therefore we can tell who is going to be accepted. KFOS will be open for a few days so we can put in orders or have orders transfer from Kdealer to KFOS.

sometimes there are bonus units(Supplement) that the dealer may or may not get.

Once KFOS closes we start to get ETA’s on the orders as they “fill” and get accepted by Kia.
Usually within 24-72 hours once KFOS closes.
KFOS closed yesterday so we started getting ETA’s today.

The bonus units(supplement) we figure out if we get after the normal KFOS allocation is filled.
Thank you for the education on this!

ccorry21

Reaction score
Have you received your allocations for Nov yet @StephenCantrelle? I know KFOS was delayed opening in Sept, and not sure if the 15th falling on a weekend will affect that this time around?

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Have you received your allocations for Nov yet @StephenCantrelle? I know KFOS was delayed opening in Sept, and not sure if the 15th falling on a weekend will affect that this time around?
not opened yet... should be around the 15th... official dates have yet to be released

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Dealers will receive earnings on the 11th and deadline to enter orders is the 16th... @ccorry21

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!