Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Leaking rear windshield nozzle

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Same issue here.... anyone get this successfully fixed on an SX? Assume it is an easy dealer fix, just need to take it in I guess.

Mp31bng

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Same issue here.... anyone get this successfully fixed on an SX? Assume it is an easy dealer fix, just need to take it in I guess.
Mine leaks a while before it stops. After each use. So the issue they are having makes sense. Hopefully they will have a fix soon.

Best to take it in and have it noted so when it does have the recall it’s noted for your vehicle.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

mrmac

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My wife was saying the same thing about our new SX. She even showed me the proof of trail on the glass. Turns out she was accidentally hitting the lever causing it to turn on ever so slightly. Hasn't happened since she figured that out.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My wife was saying the same thing about our new SX. She even showed me the proof of trail on the glass. Turns out she was accidentally hitting the lever causing it to turn on ever so slightly. Hasn't happened since she figured that out.
Yeah I'm certainly not hitting the lever. It leaks when the car is off too. I'll leave and come back hours later and see the streaks.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
After 6 weeks of ownership my leaking rear washer nozzle seemed to repair itself. Could be a seal that eventually seats. Dunno. But, also logged it with the svc mgr to be on the record with this issue. Enjoy the ride.

Crossefire00

Reaction score
After 6 weeks of ownership my leaking rear washer nozzle seemed to repair itself. Could be a seal that eventually seats. Dunno. But, also logged it with the svc mgr to be on the record with this issue. Enjoy the ride.
I'm experiencing the same issue. My guess is that the fluid that remains in the feeder hose gets pulled out by the low pressure created under the rear spoiler while driving. Essentially, the vehicle is siphoning its own washer fluid. Just my guess. I'm going to give it a few weeks to sole itself as you did. Fingers crossed!

Tracyn

Reaction score
My S model has been leaking fluid for a couple weeks. My Telluride would set in the parking lot all day at work and go out in the afternoon with fluid leaking down the rear window. I took it to the dealership last weekend and they couldn't find anything wrong. Told me to document when it happens. So, I have started taking pictures and making notes of when it leaks. I have not used the rear wiper fluid much.

G

G-910631

Hey fellow Telluride owners

Not sure where to post this but, I will put it here.

Is anyone having trouble with their rear windshield wiper fluid nozzle continuously leaking?

Mine is and Kia is telling the techs it’s normal? I dunno about that because it is constant. Anyone else having the same or heard of this issue?
Same issue and it’s maddening!

JenB

Reaction score
After seeing this report, I used the rear wiper fluid for the first time as I was heading to a car wash and wanted to see if this leak existed for me as well. That was a mistake, because it leaked slowly and continuously for days until all the fluid emptied!. I don’t feel like running to the dealer for this issue alone, as I’ll just avoid using it now that the fluid is empty anyway. Will be interested to hear if anyone has confirmation of a repair from Kia service, though. Otherwise, i already know the drill: make an appointment, describe the issue, wait for them to replicate it, sit at dealer for 2 hours, and then have them tell me they’re either not able to replicate it or they don’t know yet how to fix it. Such a time suck. So, until I hear that it’s a confirmed issue and Kia knows how to fix it, I’ll just avoid it until I bring car in for first service or other major issue.
If you’ve had this issue and repair confirmed at dealer service, please keep this board posted. Thanks!