No soliciting permitted.

Non Nightfall SX Prestige Waiting Room

RiseUpBears1990

Reaction score
I wonder how many people have done this. If it hadn't been for the wheels and grill - I would have switched when NF was introduced.
The wheels were my hangup initially too, but after seeing some photos of the tellurides with a 2" lift and beefier tires, I feel like the NF wheels will look a little better. I love the SXP wheels, but feel that they will look out of place once wrapped with some taller rubber.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
It is going to be interesting to see what happens next week when production ramps back up after the holiday...but as you can see below - the total % of NFP to SXP has increased every month.

View attachment 10040
Updated graphic now that production is getting back to normal:

1599754049133.png

Kao

Reaction score
I actually am working to change my order from an SXP to NFP. I had originally ordered in SWP, but after discovering last night that SWP is being replaced by GWP, and seeing the failcat data to back that up, I figured it wasn't going to delay my delivery anymore to change my order completely.

Ended up going with a wolf gray NFP w/ tow. I'll see myself out of the waiting room. :LOL:
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!🤣🤣. Seriously, after all this, you should get exactly what you want.

Frankie Knuckles

Reaction score
Updated graphic now that production is getting back to normal:

View attachment 10159
Just make mine for Pete’s sake! Then you make whatever the hell you want to make 😜

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
So....the failcat update today only added data to confirm the theory that NFP's are being prioritized over SXP builds...

1600121797465.png

1600121823645.png

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
At this point, I don't see how it can be denied.
It can't. For the life of me - I don't understand why KIA is doing this. They seem desperate to get inventory to satisfy walk on orders with the launch of the 2021 model year. It would be really interesting to know how many SXPs are in their backlog. It seems like they could have taken a month to clear all these old orders and avoid the frustration and public relations nightmare of their current production schedule.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
Just make mine for Pete’s sake! Then you make whatever the hell you want to make 😜
How is your ETA holding? Has it moved around much?

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
A different view of the same data:

1600123255194.png

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
I’m even more convinced that it’s about money. The Nightfall package can’t cost very much different than the regular SX emblems, wheel, grill and whatever The parts are just different and they charge $1295 for them.
Yeah - the Nightfall trims and EX Premiums have the biggest mark-up for little content changes relative to the other products. They are pushing their average transaction price higher with these. It makes business sense - but it sure isn't customer friendly. Especially when they have folks sitting on the sidelines for nearly a year for their vehicle.

1600124645710.png

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

PassingTime

Reaction score
I’m even more convinced that it’s about money. The Nightfall package can’t cost very much different than the regular SX emblems, wheel, grill and whatever The parts are just different and they charge $1295 for them.
Yes, its all about the money! I did some thinking over the weekend I was watching and waiting for the first 2021 Non NE SX AWD P/T GWP Dune Brown to be produced and decided that I am 'Wasting Time' rather than "Passing Time". With that, I went down to my local trusted auto repair shop this afternoon and made an appointment to bring in my 2003 F150 King Ranch Super Crew with less than 50K miles on it to them in the morning to have them do a thorough go through. Change fluids, belts, hoses get the 4WD actuator replaced and just get it road worthy so I wont be concerned about putting a 18 year old truck on the road pulling my ATV or MC trailer or something larger if I want. Other than the safety crap of the new car I can add a few add on items, back up camera, etc., and drive this for several more years. I hope to spend less than $2K to get my truck totally gone through and road worthy. Even if it goes more, I am ok with that. If all works out I will know by the end of the week how to proceed or when or if to actually spend $50K to get a car that the manufacture could give a flying "F--K" about customers who have been waiting over 7 months for their ordered car to be built. (Still no ETA within the next 2 months) I have $500 refundable deposit that will go a long way toward getting my PU road worthy then I can tell them to kiss my A$$, and never pass through their doors again.

noles1983

Reaction score
Yes, its all about the money! I did some thinking over the weekend I was watching and waiting for the first 2021 Non NE SX AWD P/T GWP Dune Brown to be produced and decided that I am 'Wasting Time' rather than "Passing Time". With that, I went down to my local trusted auto repair shop this afternoon and made an appointment to bring in my 2003 F150 King Ranch Super Crew with less than 50K miles on it to them in the morning to have them do a thorough go through. Change fluids, belts, hoses get the 4WD actuator replaced and just get it road worthy so I wont be concerned about putting a 18 year old truck on the road pulling my ATV or MC trailer or something larger if I want. Other than the safety crap of the new car I can add a few add on items, back up camera, etc., and drive this for several more years. I hope to spend less than $2K to get my truck totally gone through and road worthy. Even if it goes more, I am ok with that. If all works out I will know by the end of the week how to proceed or when or if to actually spend $50K to get a car that the manufacture could give a flying "F--K" about customers who have been waiting over 7 months for their ordered car to be built. (Still no ETA within the next 2 months) I have $500 refundable deposit that will go a long way toward getting my PU road worthy then I can tell them to kiss my A$$, and never pass through their doors again.
Tell us how you really feel.

rbfromma

Reaction score
In the end you have to do what you feel is right for you. No shame in that. Good luck with getting the rig ready.

PassingTime

Reaction score
In the end you have to do what you feel is right for you. No shame in that. Good luck with getting the rig ready.
Thanks, I am out of debt and no need to start paying something off that I don't have to at this point in my life. Can do a lot of fun things for $50K!

Last edited:

ssmblazer

Reaction score
My exact vehicle popped up today with the catch-up run of Failcat at my dealer but with Nightfall. It was a dealer allocation and I have been first in line at the dealer since the July KFOS submissions. I honestly think KIA is looking at these SX P/T orders in KFOS, adding nightfall and hoping we'll take it for the $1,295 increase which must be pure margin for them as I can't imagine any of the parts being more costly then the non-nightfall SX P parts.

JerseySXP

Reaction score
My exact vehicle popped up today with the catch-up run of Failcat at my dealer but with Nightfall. It was a dealer allocation and I have been first in line at the dealer since the July KFOS submissions. I honestly think KIA is looking at these SX P/T orders in KFOS, adding nightfall and hoping we'll take it for the $1,295 increase which must be pure margin for them as I can't imagine any of the parts being more costly then the non-nightfall SX P parts.
This happened to a few of us today. Including @MarcinTexas. At this point it's purely about profits.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
I hadn't thought about that theory...but it does make sense.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
I totally understand the frustration. We still want the Telluride we have on order. Thankfully due to COVID - we have had to put very little miles on my wife's nearly ten year old Odyssey. We can't wait to replace it with a new ride. I just wish KIA cared enough about this wave of new customers to the KIA family to actually build cars in the order the build requests came in.

It gets me when people that have already received their cars or those that got theirs in 2-3 months get tired of the shafted SXP crowd for getting so frustrated. After nearly a year of watching KIA production - the SXP orders are the only group that have been pushed to the end of the line after their orders were already in KFOS. No other batch of customers has been screwed over as badly as those that have ordered an SXP and were in KFOS before all these NFP builds started rolling in. It is ridiculous what KIA has done. If the car wasn't so good, or rather if the competition wasn't so bad - we would have walked.

The irony is that short of the Nighfall SX Prestige - the SXP is the second most expensive configuration. It isn't like KIA is opting not to build the base low margin vehicle. We are literally standing around waiting to hand over $50K. And KIA is like - screw you...how about you buy a trim you don't want for $52K. I have never seen anything like it.