No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Order to delivery time

TxAggie

Telluride Junkie
Reaction score
Well it finally happened today , ordered August 26th and call came today it has arrived. Go figure I left town today for vacation all week. Oh well I have something to look forward to when I get home. Can't wait its been a long 4.5 months.
Same thing happened to us...we received the call while headed out of town. Congrats on its arrival! It will be worth the wait!

trebble

Reaction score
So excited...ordered a Dark Moss w/ Dune Brown leather SXP, AWD and Tow Package on 08Aug 2019. Rcvd ETA of 13Feb2020. Asked dealer fir an update since are a month out and he sent me the window sticker. Can't wait to get it. It's been a tough 5 months.
Dang. Don't think I can survive that long. Is it just me or I think about the Telly every day? Got an ETA for 2/22 about a week back. No communication since then.

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
Where did you order from and when? I think I'm closer to ending up in the same boat as you.

I think its crazy that @trebble is getting a February 22nd date after ordering his a day after mine but I've yet to hear anything lol.
I ordered 9/29. I'm actually okay with the wait, it's my Boss/Wife who is giving me grief, lol. "Why would you order a car that you have to wait this long for?" 😬😆 We were hoping to have it by the end of February for a little road trip, but it's all good. In hindsight, I should have brought out the lease on my Sorento, kept it another year or so and then got a Telluride later!

It's all the luck of the draw it seems with this process. I ordered an SXP in white over dune brown with tow by the way.

smpete06

Reaction score
I ordered 9/29. I'm actually okay with the wait, it's my Boss/Wife who is giving me grief, lol. "Why would you order a car that you have to wait this long for?" 😬😆 We were hoping to have it by the end of February for a little road trip, but it's all good. In hindsight, I should have brought out the lease on my Sorento, kept it another year or so and then got a Telluride later!

It's all the luck of the draw it seems with this process. I ordered an SXP in white over dune brown with tow by the way.
I'm basically in the same boat. Sitting in a lease - so I have plenty of time to wait. I just hate waiting! As long as I have it for my summer road trip I should be fine...

I got SXP in Moss with Dune (no tow).

ChicagoStyx

Reaction score
I'm basically in the same boat. Sitting in a lease - so I have plenty of time to wait. I just hate waiting! As long as I have it for my summer road trip I should be fine...

I got SXP in Moss with Dune (no tow).
Me too, in a lease with time to spare. I ordered in December and will be happy if it's here in June/July.

trebble

Reaction score
Where did you order from and when? I think I'm closer to ending up in the same boat as you.

I think its crazy that @trebble is getting a February 22nd date after ordering his a day after mine but I've yet to hear anything lol.
May be that's because I ordered an EX (non-premium). I heard the wait times on those are not as bad as SXP.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

HeatherH

Reaction score
May be that's because I ordered an EX (non-premium). I heard the wait times on those are not as bad as SXP.
I’ve been waiting on my EX with bench seats since August. It’s almost impossible to find one without captains now. Seems like all I can find in my area is either SX or EXP now that those are available. Even looking at the google sheet it looks like that’s pretty much all they are making in EX now.

akdoh

Reaction score
I ordered the SXP on halloween in Denver Colorado. Arapahoe kia. Black Copper with dune interior 027 package. we have had no communication with our dealer. can anyone give me any insight on when we can expect it to come in?
Have you gotten anything from Arapahoe yet? I ordered fro them and ut has been super frustrating

GAJ

Reaction score
Hi Foks,

I am new to the forum and last week ordered an SXP Moss with Dune Brown Interior and tow package. I am getting information on the ordering process and understand there are two systems:
1) the older system of weekly ordering based on allocation and mfg runs
2) the newer system called KFOF (forward ordering) system which is more direct ordering (my guess)

Do any of you or dealers have information on the KFOF system Vs the older system? My understanding is the all dealers get allocations each month based on sales volume and that determines the number of cars they get allocated for ordering each month in the KFOF system.

Debo88

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this has already been asked and answered. How accurate have the ETA's been? I'm curious if they've mostly been spot on or if it's more of a general time frame.

Thanks!

HeatherH

Reaction score
@StephenCantrelle Can you or anyone else please help me understand this text from my dealer? I ordered 8/28 and haven’t been given any ETA since ordering (when I asked they say they don’t have one). This to me sounded like Kia has just confirmed by order months later but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s being produced or will be soon.
04A0388B-6F56-4806-95E4-2A3D4F62D7E6.jpeg

raydog9379

Reaction score
@StephenCantrelle Can you or anyone else please help me understand this text from my dealer? I ordered 8/28 and haven’t been given any ETA since ordering (when I asked they say they don’t have one). This to me sounded like Kia has just confirmed by order months later but doesn’t necessarily mean it’s being produced or will be soon.
View attachment 5869
Likely what some have discussed about Kia checking the other day for real orders, and ones that are aging at the dealers. So this is a great sign I'd say.

Fritzsolis

Reaction score
I am hearing that Kia will no longer accept orders. Those ones that are waiting if your order was not accepted by the factory will be canceled. They said they cannot make anymore tellurides before the 2021 comes one.

akdoh

Reaction score
I am hearing that Kia will no longer accept orders. Those ones that are waiting if your order was not accepted by the factory will be canceled. They said they cannot make anymore tellurides before the 2021 comes one.
Where did you hear this from?