No soliciting permitted.

Order to delivery time

Nas4atu10

Reaction score
Hottest vehicle on the planet combined with a plant shut down and pandemic = chaos
Most definitely, I agree. I know I'm crying about it all, lol, its just I'm about to be in the middle of putting my house on the market and will be in the process of looking for new homes in a city that's about 3 hours away from where I live now (this all just happened within the past week with a job offer my wife took), so I was really hoping to have this all finished before we really got into the thick of it, but what can ya do. I'm still excited about it all, just not nearly as much as the day I put a deposit down, lol.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ronhUGA

Reaction score
Just got the call this morning that mine will be here any day now. Ordered SX-P/T in Moss/Dune on 12/14/19.

Stephen,

Can you look up VIN# 5XYP5DHC0LG091775 when you get a chance? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I went to the VIN lookup saite and mine doesn't appear there so all of you who have been diligently checking, like me, take heart that it may not show up and there are lots of gaps between numbers.

scarder

Reaction score
My wife really wants another SX-P after totaling our brand new one last week (2 months and 1,200 miles!). We waited 5 months for that one which I thought was absurd to begin with and she wants to start all over again with even less certainty and possible longer lead times. I've found a few local in the perfect spec but these morons in the NY area are still gouging at $5k over MSRP which I would never pay. I thought the pandemic would correct the market but it seems to have only made it worse.

We're compromising by buying something used temporary while we wait. Looking for something that won't loose much money on and something maybe I wouldn't ordinarily consider as a long term vehicle. Jeep Wrangler, F150 or Tacoma pickup, Land Rover LR4, etc.

One thing that I've noticed consistently is the pathetic dealer experience with Kia. Absolutely abysmal and Kia USA is just as pathetic. There must be 20 dealerships around me and one is worse than the last. Nobody knows anything, I'm being told straight-up lies, everyone in sales is arrogant when the Telluride is mentioned. They forget that a couple of years ago, they were selling crap; the least desirable vehicles in America. They're resting on laurels they simply don't deserve or possess. Kia designers and engineers deserve all the kudos and these salespeople are chirping like they actually have anything to do with the success of the Telluride. If it weren't for my wife I wouldn't even consider another one bast in my last experience.

ksyrah

Reaction score
Just got the call this morning that mine will be here any day now. Ordered SX-P/T in Moss/Dune on 12/14/19.

Stephen,

Can you look up VIN# 5XYP5DHC0LG091775 when you get a chance? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I went to the VIN lookup saite and mine doesn't appear there so all of you who have been diligently checking, like me, take heart that it may not show up and there are lots of gaps between numbers.
It's out there

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
My wife really wants another SX-P after totaling our brand new one last week (2 months and 1,200 miles!). We waited 5 months for that one which I thought was absurd to begin with and she wants to start all over again with even less certainty and possible longer lead times. I've found a few local in the perfect spec but these morons in the NY area are still gouging at $5k over MSRP which I would never pay. I thought the pandemic would correct the market but it seems to have only made it worse.

We're compromising by buying something used temporary while we wait. Looking for something that won't loose much money on and something maybe I wouldn't ordinarily consider as a long term vehicle. Jeep Wrangler, F150 or Tacoma pickup, Land Rover LR4, etc.

One thing that I've noticed consistently is the pathetic dealer experience with Kia. Absolutely abysmal and Kia USA is just as pathetic. There must be 20 dealerships around me and one is worse than the last. Nobody knows anything, I'm being told straight-up lies, everyone in sales is arrogant when the Telluride is mentioned. They forget that a couple of years ago, they were selling crap; the least desirable vehicles in America. They're resting on laurels they simply don't deserve or possess. Kia designers and engineers deserve all the kudos and these salespeople are chirping like they actually have anything to do with the success of the Telluride. If it weren't for my wife I wouldn't even consider another one bast in my last experience.
Customer Experience is a major factor in what we do. Unfortunately, some stores have not seen the importance in this.

scarder

Reaction score
Customer Experience is a major factor in what we do. Unfortunately, some stores have not seen the importance in this.
I would say a vast majority, based on what I've experienced personally and what I've read here. I understand that there are exceptions to every rule and you seem to be one of those exceptions Jason and your reputation and success are proof of that. I've been to dealerships of many brands that I have considered (Ford, Dodge, GMC, Toyota) and the lack of knowledge at Kia is mind boggling.
I wish you continued success sir.

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
I would say a vast majority, based on what I've experienced personally and what I've read here. I understand that there are exceptions to every rule and you seem to be one of those exceptions Jason and your reputation and success are proof of that. I've been to dealerships of many brands that I have considered (Ford, Dodge, GMC, Toyota) and the lack of knowledge at Kia is mind boggling.
I wish you continued success sir.
We appreciate it.

OaktownACE

Reaction score
Stephen, any chance you could look up 5XYP5DHC2LG084441 to see where it is in it's status? The sticker was made a while ago. I'm hoping the shutdown and restart didn't cause them to forget to tighten all those bolts!

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Stephen, any chance you could look up 5XYP5DHC2LG084441 to see where it is in it's status? The sticker was made a while ago. I'm hoping the shutdown and restart didn't cause them to forget to tighten all those bolts!
Going to Jim Bone Gravity Gray SXP ETA 06-18. In TN status.. waiting to get transport

G

G-471203

Ordered EX with tow package on 1/9. Was originally due mid-May, then mid June. No update or VIN yet but I’m guessing July now.

1wagonho

Reaction score
I hear ya! Mine was ordered Nov 28th, told 8-9 weeks. Called at the 9 week mark and my Salesmean (Not a type), laughed and said, probably May-June due to Kia thinking they were stuffing the order books with sold orders because they had so man listed as "sold", and stopped building cars for them. They had to show that they were in fact "sold" orders for Kia then to promise them 75 by end of May. End of May I see my exact SX, Prestige, Tow Pkg, Moss/Dune on their website. I call and they said it is a sold order and that they have to post them there. Took my name and said, "Oh, yours is being built in July for delivery August 5th". I'm not holding my breath.

Nas4atu10

Reaction score
So I know that in the grand scheme of things, getting a new car is small potatoes right now, but damn...the hits keep on freaking coming. I am willing to bet this shutdown will last longer than a week. This freaking sucks not only for customers, but for all the employees effected by all of this. Damn.
I know communication isn’t Kia’s strength overall, but I am starting to see why they’ve been incredibly hush hush on announcing anything official about the 2021 models now.