No soliciting permitted.

Telluride Spottings - Post em

TellTastic

Reaction score
WTF quality control was done on this? And the poor buyer didn't know any better either...dear Lord...

Ya,
I’m at a loss. I have no idea if this was intentional or not. And I wasn’t able to chat with the owner. It being a new vehicle with a temp tag threw me for a bigger loop

JerseySXP

Reaction score
Ya,
I’m at a loss. I have no idea if this was intentional or not. And I wasn’t able to chat with the owner. It being a new vehicle with a temp tag threw me for a bigger loop
Only thing that I can think of was maybe a factory worker bought it off the line for cheap because it failed QC an X amount of times.

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
Today’s flavor: EX EB NE

Can someone tell me what’s going on with the window trim on this NE? Looked odd to me- the black satin chrome mixed with the regular satin chrome. This isn’t usual, is it?
The tag is a new car temp tag, so that confuses me even more.

View attachment 14047
Wow. Just wow. How was heck was this missed? So many failures to catch this from the manufacturing plant to the dealer to the purchaser...

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
I assumed they just bought NF wheels and put them on their car and haven’t gotten around to blacking out the emblems.

Agreed - there is more to this story. No way in hell something like that passes final QC.

TellTastic

Reaction score
Agreed - there is more to this story. No way in hell something like that passes final QC.

I’d say the same but with how recent the car purchase seemed to be, I just couldn’t say that was the case. Nearly the rest of the car had NE parts.
If this was the case, maybe that back trim was the only part that the parts desk didn’t have available.
In my opinion, that is a terribly costly way to get yourself a NE!

YAH DEF

Reaction score
First spotting of a parked Telly - have only ever seen two others fleetingly on the road. This was at the local supermarket, so maybe this person of exceptional taste lives nearby. Didn't walk around the back, but I'm assuming it's an SX AWD.

PS I squealed with excitement when I saw it! :ROFLMAO:

White Telly.jpg

TellTastic

Reaction score
First spotting of a parked Telly - have only ever seen two others fleetingly on the road. This was at the local supermarket, so maybe this person of exceptional taste lives nearby. Didn't walk around the back, but I'm assuming it's an SX AWD.

PS I squealed with excitement when I saw it! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 14290

That’s a gorgeous find!

maridi

Reaction score
Been seeing more and more Tellurides. On my way down the 101-S before Santa Barbara, I shared the road with a Wolf Gray EX NFE. I kept trying to get a wave, nod, or any acknowledgement at all but the blonde just headed down the highway without noticing my mossyness.

Yesterday, I saw a SWP SX AWD with Dune Brown Nappa drive through a supermarket parking lot.

Today, I was testing out a potential morning commute from Camarillo to Santa Monica down the PCH and passed an Everlasting Silver Telly. Tried to get the driver’s attention with a wave and a short honk. Zero acknowledgement. Plus, the guy was covered up in what looked like a beekeeper or hazmat suit. People here are freaking out, recoiling in horror when they see me driving in my own car or jogging in the countryside maskless, another reason I’m eventually moving to a free state.

Anyway, the first honk I’ve ever attempted in my Telly surprised me. For a car with such a masculine stance and design language, the horn struck me as a bit wimpy.

My phone is normally plugged in while I’m driving, CarPlaying downloaded songs on the excellent Harman Kardon sound system, so I never take photos while driving.

Instead, here are some shots of my Telly while parked at the Whole Paycheck parking lot in Malibu.

Looks a bit cleaner after the free rainstorm carwash and cleaning the sides a bit with a $3 microfiber washing glove I picked up at Harbor Freight Tools.
Very nice!

maridi

Reaction score

Can someone tell me what’s going on with the window trim on this NE? Looked odd to me- the black satin chrome mixed with the regular satin chrome. This isn’t usual, is it?

View attachment 14047
I just wonder if the owner even noticed. Not everyone is on this forum and some may not even pay that much attention, but really, that is pretty bad! Didn't it say somewhere that the Nightfall Edition is on backorder? Maybe they ran out of parts and just wanted to finish it. ;-) Did the license plate say what dealer it came from?

TellTastic

Reaction score
I just wonder if the owner even noticed. Not everyone is on this forum and some may not even pay that much attention, but really, that is pretty bad! Didn't it say somewhere that the Nightfall Edition is on backorder? Maybe they ran out of parts and just wanted to finish it. ;-) Did the license plate say what dealer it came from?
I unfortunately didn't look that hard, but wow was this bad!

TellTastic

Reaction score
Today’s flavor: EB badgeless NE w/ tow

0550B6C2-5A2A-452E-8B93-090A51EF452F.jpeg

bruesjoh04

Reaction score

View attachment 14455
This one has me super confused.

Either someone bought all of the Nightfall upgrades to stick on their regular EX, or they downgraded their EX Nightfall’s LEDs to the halogen enclosures from the LX/S/EX.

TellTastic

Reaction score

View attachment 14047

View attachment 14455

Thanks to @bruesjoh04 for making me go back and look at the wild photo we’ve been talking about for the last few weeks.

I THINK this is the SAME vehicle. I don’t have any proof (unfortunately, first photo had temp tag, etc) but first vehicle posted and most recent are found less than a mile from each other.

My vote’s in: going to say this owner bought the NE parts separately and put them on his/her EX.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

rbfromma

Reaction score
Thanks to @bruesjoh04 for making me go back and look at the wild photo we’ve been talking about for the last few weeks.

I THINK this is the SAME vehicle. I don’t have any proof (unfortunately, first photo had temp tag, etc) but first vehicle posted and most recent are found less than a mile from each other.

My vote’s in: going to say this owner bought the NE parts separately and put them on his/her EX.
Pirelli tires as well. Don't the NF all have Michelin's?

qwikhit

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
My non nightfall has Pirellis so that makes sense

JerseySXP

Reaction score

If they went that deep into making this a NF then they must be on these boards!