Welcome to our KIA Telluride community!

We're so glad you found us! Please take a moment to register. We'd LOVE to have you!

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Telluride vs Palisade

Dandy

Reaction score
I was referring to the two buttons right on the front passenger seat...

View attachment 157View attachment 157
I have to admit that there is something about those read leather seats that is kind of Sexy! It is much better than the red that Ford has used over the years. I wonder if they will become an option at sometime. I also wonder if it would be tiresome after a bit.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Those are so the driver can move the passenger seat I believe
Yes, absolutely. I had them on my Lexus LS430. It's a nice feature. I didn't use it much - but it was nice to have on the rare occasion I did...
I just don't like the interior layout of the Palisade and also that front grill looks hideous. Just my personal opinion though...
I'm with you! I prefer the Telluride inside and out - especially at the front fascia...
I have to admit that there is something about those read leather seats that is kind of Sexy! It is much better than the red that Ford has used over the years. I wonder if they will become an option at sometime. I also wonder if it would be tiresome after a bit.
I am NOT one for red seats! But they DO look very nice there...

Furio

Reaction score
I can attest to the Kia’s roomy third row. I’m 6’5 and was able to fit back there comfortably enough (headroom and legroom) to tolerate a short commute, something I could not replicate in any other vehicle I’ve seen.

waynerm002

Reaction score
Have red in my Stinger as well. Wanted something other than black and the grey looked more like white so I didn't want that but I would do the brown in the Sorento. Here is a video from the Palisades Korean launch with English Subtitles. I wished KIA had the power control to raise and lower the rear seats but, I think that feature might not make it to the US Palisades either. Volvo didn't bring it on their first gen (2016) XC90. I agree with what's said here that the Palisade has the better interior. The big question is what will Hyundai keep in for the US market and how will they price it.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Have red in my Stinger as well. Wanted something other than black and the grey looked more like white so I didn't want that but I would do the brown in the Sorento. Here is a video from the Palisades Korean launch with English Subtitles. I wished KIA had the power control to raise and lower the rear seats but, I think that feature might not make it to the US Palisades either. Volvo didn't bring it on their first gen (2016) XC90. I agree with what's said here that the Palisade has the better interior. The big question is what will Hyundai keep in for the US market and how will they price it.
I don't see the video...

zhelder

Reaction score

The power folding is definitely coming to the US. It’s been hyped tremendously, and was featured at the LA Auto Show US unveiling back in November.

But here’s something that’s starting to worry me about the Palisade pricing: There’s no question the Palisade is going to have a few more comfort and convenience features than the Telluride, and that it’s going to cost more. What worries me is that the one feature I want the most, the all-digital dashboard, is going to be an extra cost on top of whatever Hyundai offers in their “Prestige” package. I found out today that the 2019 K900’s Prestige package, which includes a digital dashboard (I was surprised this wasn’t standard equipment) is a whopping $4,000. Granted, the Palisade Prestige (or whatever they call it) isn’t likely to have all the goodies in the K900 package, but I’m thinking my guess of $2,000 more for an all-in Palisade with the digital dash may be a bit low. Now I’m thinking $2,000 for the Prestige package and another grand for the digital dashboard.

That might give me some pause as to whether to get the Palisade over the Telluride.

waynerm002

Reaction score
On the K900 it's called the VIP package and comes with power adjustable cooled rear seats (heated is standard), rear wireless charger, along with other luxury items for that $4k price.

• 14-Way Power-Adjustable Rear Right Passenger's Seat w/ 4-Way Power Lumbar Support
  • 12-Way Power-Adjustable Rear Left Passenger's Seat w/ 4-Way Power Lumbar Support
  • Chamude® Premium Headliner
  • Ventilated Rear Seats
  • 12.3" Full LCD Meter Display
  • Additional Rear Ventilation
  • Wireless Phone Charger, Rear
  • Front-Passenger Chauffeur Seat Switch
I like the overall look of the Palisades as I see more videos of it. KIA needs to add some other colors to the SX trim, the limited selection is not to my liking.

johnwashere2

Reaction score
I went to a sneak peak of my local Auto Show last night and they had the Palisade. My wife and I really like it - better than the Telluride even though they are similiar. The Palaside didnt have a model type on it , but it seemed like somewhere in between the Telluride EX and SX Prestige. This Palisade had regular leather, 1 moonroof like the EX Telleuride but then also had the digital center dash cluster (which is def nicer than the 2 color screen), and it had 3rd power seats - which is nice but I wouldn't really want to pay extra.
I liked the interior better, just more of a family car (and we have 2 little ones) and liked the more stylish exterior. We both did not like the huge grill though. Since this was a private sneak peak at the auto show, there was almost no one there and we got to go in every 3 row SUV. My wife was impressed with how much room the Telluride and Pallaside had, and how easy it was to get into the back. Some of these 3 row cars just have no room, and its impressive how Kia/Hyndai were able to give so much space. I liked the tech and dash of both cars, and the price point is defiantly better than most other SUVs (as we already knew).

Anyways, Im glad I was finally able to see and play with the Paliside for so long last night. Both Paliside and Telluride are great SUVs, and it will be our next car very soon. We will go for the Paliside as long as its not a lot more than the Telluride.

zhelder

Reaction score
I went to a sneak peak of my local Auto Show last night and they had the Palisade. My wife and I really like it - better than the Telluride even though they are similiar. The Palaside didnt have a model type on it , but it seemed like somewhere in between the Telluride EX and SX Prestige. This Palisade had regular leather, 1 moonroof like the EX Telleuride but then also had the digital center dash cluster (which is def nicer than the 2 color screen), and it had 3rd power seats - which is nice but I wouldn't really want to pay extra.
I liked the interior better, just more of a family car (and we have 2 little ones) and liked the more stylish exterior. We both did not like the huge grill though. Since this was a private sneak peak at the auto show, there was almost no one there and we got to go in every 3 row SUV. My wife was impressed with how much room the Telluride and Pallaside had, and how easy it was to get into the back. Some of these 3 row cars just have no room, and its impressive how Kia/Hyndai were able to give so much space. I liked the tech and dash of both cars, and the price point is defiantly better than most other SUVs (as we already knew).

Anyways, Im glad I was finally able to see and play with the Paliside for so long last night. Both Paliside and Telluride are great SUVs, and it will be our next car very soon. We will go for the Paliside as long as its not a lot more than the Telluride.
I’m jealous! Where was this? May need to take a road trip! Just curious... was the digital dash lit up and functional? It seemed to be mostly non-functional in the few glimpses/pictures shown from the auto shows so far.

My thinking is the same as yours. The Telluride’s incredible, and I do slightly prefer the outside styling compared to the Palisade, but the Palisade looks like it’s going to have some more luxury features that are going to push it a bit more upscale.

Like you said, it’s going to come down to cost. If an all-in Palisade with the digital gauge cluster included retails for more than $2,000 over the Telluride, I may be sticking with Kia.

P.S. Aside from the extra cargo space, there is one more area where the Telluride has the Palisade beat... the Telluride’s key fob is much nicer and more modern looking! Makes me wonder if the Telluride has any other advantages over its sibling that we haven’t caught yet...

johnwashere2

Reaction score
I’m jealous! Where was this? May need to take a road trip! Just curious... was the digital dash lit up and functional? It seemed to be mostly non-functional in the few glimpses/pictures shown from the auto shows so far.

My thinking is the same as yours. The Telluride’s incredible, and I do slightly prefer the outside styling compared to the Palisade, but the Palisade looks like it’s going to have some more luxury features that are going to push it a bit more upscale.

Like you said, it’s going to come down to cost. If an all-in Palisade with the digital gauge cluster included retails for more than $2,000 over the Telluride, I may be sticking with Kia.

P.S. Aside from the extra cargo space, there is one more area where the Telluride has the Palisade beat... the Telluride’s key fob is much nicer and more modern looking! Makes me wonder if the Telluride has any other advantages over its sibling that we haven’t caught yet...
It was at the Columbus, Ohio Autoshow. Yea I would spend maybe $1000 or more or so on the Palaside- I am going to be most likely leasing. The digital cluster was just the center screen one- as seen in the SX prestiage. This model did not have the whole wide digital cluster. I didnt really get to mess with the cluster much - my 2 year old son was having too much fun acting like he was driving it. I may go back at lunch time tomorrow (but have to pay the $10 entry this time :( ) to check it out by myself.

Attachments

zhelder

Reaction score
It was at the Columbus, Ohio Autoshow. Yea I would spend maybe $1000 or more or so on the Palaside- I am going to be most likely leasing. The digital cluster was just the center screen one- as seen in the SX prestiage. This model did not have the whole wide digital cluster. I didnt really get to mess with the cluster much - my 2 year old son was having too much fun acting like he was driving it. I may go back at lunch time tomorrow (but have to pay the $10 entry this time :( ) to check it out by myself.
Nice pics! Looks like your kid was having a blast!

Bummer that the gauge cluster isn’t the full digital. It’s the same as the SX layout.

mrmac

Reaction score
With my Stinger GT2 and it’s heads-up display, I lower my steering wheel comfortably and rarely ever look at the dash. My speed, nav, radio station, cruise control, etc are all digitally displayed right in front of my eyes onto the windshield. When I drove the Telluride SX Prestige yesterday, the head-up display was even nicer than my Stinger. The Pallisade Digital Dash has no value to me thanks to the heads-up. Might be something to think about.

johnwashere2

Reaction score
Nice pics! Looks like your kid was having a blast!

Bummer that the gauge cluster isn’t the full digital. It’s the same as the SX layout.
Oh yes he absolutely loved the car show. Seeing all the trucks and sports cars were his favorite. He was blasting the radio and turning on the hazards in the Kia and hyndai (easy to reach for him). Yeah it’s a bummer it’s not full digital - it’s probably only in the top trim. At least it doesent have the ex and under display in the Kia - I wasn’t a fan of that 2 color small center cluster screen.

zhelder

Reaction score
With my Stinger GT2 and it’s heads-up display, I lower my steering wheel comfortably and rarely ever look at the dash. My speed, nav, radio station, cruise control, etc are all digitally displayed right in front of my eyes onto the windshield. When I drove the Telluride SX Prestige yesterday, the head-up display was even nicer than my Stinger. The Pallisade Digital Dash has no value to me thanks to the heads-up. Might be something to think about.

Yep. That’s true. The heads-up display does sort of “cancel out” the need for a full digital dash, and I could live without one or the other, but not both.

But I’m greedy. I want ‘em both!

MELISSAB

Reaction score
In the Russian? video showing the Palisade it looks like it has tv built in to the display at the 7:15 point in the video. It may be just streaming from a phone but it looked like a little tv with antenna on top symbol.

johnwashere2

Reaction score
Was the second row 2 or 3 seats?
The 2nd row was the captain chairs- so 2 seats.

Center console in the Palisade is not attractive to me so that helps drive me to Telluride.
Yeah its all personal preference. I personally like the center console better in the Palisade. I am techy person and like the digital shifters vs the handle. At the end of the day its not a huge deal to me, but would prefer the Palaside as long as its not thousands more for the EX type model they produce.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.