You've found the busiest Telluride community online!

Please register and become a member. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Vibration

TheDon&MikeShow

Reaction score
If this guy on the Hyundai Palisade forum is right Hyundai has issued a TSB for this issue!
Here is a quote from that forum (forgive me if this is forbidden here but a TSB is super important)

ratherman, Registered, Joined 15 days ago, 7 Posts 1 day ago

There is now a Technical Service Bulletin (sorry, do not know the number yet) on the vibration. We have it on ours - noticed it the day we brought it home. Dealer confirms and we are getting it fixed in a couple of weeks. It is a rear half shaft and another part Others have confirmed that fixes the problem.”

CincyTech

Reaction score
Started AAA Auto Line arbitration process as described in the Warranty book. I will ask for repurchase or perhaps replace for 2WD SX. I have worked on this for 4 months. The last service department has been wonderful but still no solution.
Just as an update, service changed the rear drive shaft and then the 4WD coupler and it improved things but did not remove the vibration. I then started the arbitration process. While waiting on arbitration, service wanted to replace the rear drive shaft and the 4WD coupler again. So we did that and after I ran a 55 mile highway test found that there was still vibration. Perhaps mine needed the rear differential as Albert said fixed his - but with arbitration, I am scheduled to have Kia repurchase the vehicle. Kia Tech Line, although slow to believe we all had a problem, has ended up working hard on a fix. My service department at Cronin Kia in Harrison, Ohio has fully worked on the problem. I truly hope that the issue is soon fully resolved since the Telluride is such a great concept.

Dominiqueh

Reaction score
Just as an update, service changed the rear drive shaft and then the 4WD coupler and it improved things but did not remove the vibration. I then started the arbitration process. While waiting on arbitration, service wanted to replace the rear drive shaft and the 4WD coupler again. So we did that and after I ran a 55 mile highway test found that there was still vibration. Perhaps mine needed the rear differential as Albert said fixed his - but with arbitration, I am scheduled to have Kia repurchase the vehicle. Kia Tech Line, although slow to believe we all had a problem, has ended up working hard on a fix. My service department at Cronin Kia in Harrison, Ohio has fully worked on the problem. I truly hope that the issue is soon fully resolved since the Telluride is such a great concept.
So since they can’t fix it they’re going to buy it back is that after all options have been exhausted I’m asking because my vehicle goes in tomorrow and I’m trying to take as much information as I can to the technician

CincyTech

Reaction score
So since they can’t fix it they’re going to buy it back is that after all options have been exhausted I’m asking because my vehicle goes in tomorrow and I’m trying to take as much information as I can to the technician
1) describe the exact problem 2) have a tech ride with you - helps if they sit in the second row 3) they will check with Kia Tech Line 4) a great test is to disconnect the rear drive shaft and see that the vibration goes away 5) the fix so far has been to replace the rear drive shaft and also the 4WD coupler - that did not fully work for me - Albert saw success when they replace rear differential, too.

If any car dealer cannot fix a vehicle, there are lemon laws in your state. Read the warranty manual for steps you must take going through Kia. Read the lemon law in your state because that gives you an idea as to when you can proceed with action. However, the best action is to try to work things out with your service department. You do not have to stick with the same service department if there is one that can see you more quickly or is better to work with...

TheNip73

Reaction score
Telle, yup! Lol.

You're missing the point. Tens of thousands of dollars should = perfect vehicle off the lot and for a good while there after. Yes, a bad apple will escape. That's to be expected when things such as automobiles are made in mass quantity. It should never = multiple vehicles with the same problem right out of the factory or off the trailer.

Sorry I have expectations. That's one of the problems with society today - mediocrity is readily accepted by too many people. "Oh, that's just how it is" does not cut it in my book.
Sometimes a supplier gives you a bad batch of product and the defect is not detectable immediately. Could be the case here. Example, fitting on a gear is out of spec and the gear does not work itself loose until driven XXX miles.

Kia still takes the hit on quality, but they truly may not be in the know of root cause yet.

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
That TSB is very specific as to build dates, which seems to point to a supplier issue. I have a March 10 build and so far no problem....we should assume its the same (supplier) for both Hyundai and Kia.

PeterZ

Reaction score
I dropped off my SXP AWD build date September 6th today. The tech told me it is known problem with more than my car having the issue but KIA forces them to go through diagnostic and documenting things. Perhaps KIA has not issued the same TSB for some reason. Will see how it plays out.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This should be a sticky until Kia also issues TSB. I'll keep spamming this link until then.

hammick

Reaction score
I just did a 2,600 mile road trip in our 9-11-19 build SX and didn't notice any vibration. However I was on 80mph interstate most of the time.

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Only 25 votes in so far. We have more than 25 members in this forum, no? More participation makes this poll more meaningful, so please, please, please if you have not yet voted, please do so.

1) MAR-APR - 0/3 (0%)
2) MAY-JUN - 3/12 (25%)
3) JUL-AUG - 2/5 (40%)
4) SEP-OCT - 1/5 (20%)

JonFar111

Reaction score
Only 25 votes in so far. We have more than 25 members in this forum, no? More participation makes this poll more meaningful, so please, please, please if you have not yet voted, please do so.

1) MAR-APR - 0/3 (0%)
2) MAY-JUN - 3/12 (25%)
3) JUL-AUG - 2/5 (40%)
4) SEP-OCT - 1/5 (20%)

I have a May-build EX with +5,000 mi and no vibration problems at all...

Crossfire190

Reaction score
I have a July build S AWD with approx. 5,000 miles - no vibration issue

1) MAR-APR - 0/3 (0%)
2) MAY-JUN - 3/12 (25%)
3) JUL-AUG - 2/5 (40%)
4) SEP-OCT - 1/5 (20%)