No soliciting permitted.

2021 News?

JP#

Reaction score
I ordered a SXP w/ towing, Black Copper/Dune Brown and most other options in late December 2019. At the time of the order, I was told to expect delivery in May 2020. The ETA was later pushed-back to mid June then another time to mid July. Today, I was contacted by my dealer who said they were contacted by Kia corporate with the question: would I be okay with a 2021 model with the same options instead? The dealer also said they would eat the extra cost of the 2021 and give it to me for the same price as the 2020? Naturally, I accepted the deal. The only negative was the ETA would be pushed back again to early August. The dealer also told me that there would NOT be any significant changes to the 2021 model. Anyone else heard of 2020 orders being switched to 2021?
I have not accepted the deal at this time until there is a ETA. Not happy with the lack of information from KIA.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

blitt

Reaction score
So sorry you guys have to go through all of this.....but in the end if you finally get one, it is a fantastic vehicle! The only worry I have is that if there is any issue that develops for me that requires parts....there aren't any!!

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
Surely an announcement on the 2021's will come next month. Seems to be a steady trend now of KIA moving 2020 orders to 2021. This wait is killing me.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
My order got changed to a 2021. No details on amount of price increase or model changes. Kia corporate obviously knows what is going to happen, so why keep the dealers and customers in the dark? Seems shady.
I don't know if I would call it shady...but it is definitely frustrating. Probably lots of calculations going on in the background they need to work out before they convert over. They have to take into account current plant production rates (which is low), when they think the plant will get back to normal and how long it will take to finish builds for the 2020 model year. Then they need to map out the roll out and formal announcement. In a normal year they would have a dependable production rate so they could control the timing better. This year everything is up in the air. That said - they do know something. The minute you start asking customers to move from a 2020 vehicle to a 2021 - you ought to be able to tell them pricing and trim changes.

I have to believe an announcement is imminent. I suspect they are trying to get things lined up to be ready for KFOS allocations for the Telluride next month. If that is the case - then our dealer friends on this site will have information they can share in the next couple of weeks.

PearlyWhite50

Reaction score
Spoke with the GM where I ordered my 2020 SX P/T back in January and he said that he was also told that some 2020's may change to 2021's. He also provided me an email to show that the I'll get the 2020 msrp either way and add an additional $1000 off (totally unsolicited, but awesome surprise) for the delay! He also mentioned that the delivery eta changed from early August to July 3rd in his system, so it would appear production will ramp up soon based on that jump.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Here it is folks. 2021 updates. I couldn't upload the whole PDF. Too large.

You're welcome.
I was swamped today at work so didn’t even get on Kdealer. Will review everything in the morning and post on here. Love how the forums are just as informed as us... great news seeing 2021 information.. good sign that 2021 will be entered into KFOS next month. All ETA’s on 2020’s moved up drastically showing delivery dates mid June for my store at least.. shows that Kia is pushing hard to finish 2020’s and transition to 2021’s asap.

alexdrums

Reaction score

You're welcome.
I was really hoping they would have LEDs on the regular EX...rats!
I wonder if the LEDs will look like the SX, but with the white DRLs?

zhelder

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thank you, Yonkster. Most exciting post on the Internet in two months!

So, hooray for keyfob start. Big Boo for no full digital dash.

I‘m gonna have a fit if the 2021 Palisade gets power folding mirrors...

MarcinTexas

Reaction score

You're welcome.
So some big news. The upgraded towing package addresses a common complaint from folks around the tow rating and existing wiring. Also - the remote start on the key fob. Bummer the digital dash isn't coming to the 2021s. But as others have said - this signals the 2021's are about to be available to order in KFOS. @StephenCantrelle look forward to an update on pricing.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
I was swamped today at work so didn’t even get on Kdealer. Will review everything in the morning and post on here. Love how the forums are just as informed as us... great news seeing 2021 information.. good sign that 2021 will be entered into KFOS next month. All ETA’s on 2020’s moved up drastically showing delivery dates mid June for my store at least.. shows that Kia is pushing hard to finish 2020’s and transition to 2021’s asap.
Looking forward to seeing what additional information you have for us on Sunday.

SVoigt

Reaction score
Spoke with the GM where I ordered my 2020 SX P/T back in January and he said that he was also told that some 2020's may change to 2021's. He also provided me an email to show that the I'll get the 2020 msrp either way and add an additional $1000 off (totally unsolicited, but awesome surprise) for the delay! He also mentioned that the delivery eta changed from early August to July 3rd in his system, so it would appear production will ramp up soon based on that jump.
Let me whine now <sigh>, key fob remote start and LED headlights....

Nas4atu10

Reaction score
When did you notice those dates for the 2020’s were bumped up, did it happen just yesterday?? This is amazing news for everyone, whether you’re getting a 20 or 21, thank goodness! I’ll hate not having LED headlights on my EX-P, but I was already planning on upgrading them anyways, what really hurts though is that remote starter.

Side note though, I wonder if the built in remote starter might have a trickle down effect of the Kia app dropping in price...

Reaction score
I received a call from Kia on Friday stating that my new eta would be early June. It was originally May, then for obvious reasons, got pushed to August, per my dealer. So, all in all, good news I suppose. I’m not sure if getting one of the last 2020s produced is a good thing or a bad thing. That said, I’m not really clamoring for any of those reported 2021 features other than the remote start. Does anyone more technologically savvy than me know if this will allow for retrofitting or adding the starter to a 2020?

cmeyer883

Reaction score
What we know...

- KFOS opened for allocations this week...but so far no reputable dealer sources have indicated a Telluride allocation could be filled.
- KIA probably has a month or two of backlog on 2020 orders based on the current low rate of production in the new COVID-19 world

Since KIA isn't telling any of its dealers anything and nothing in the news about the 2021 release date - I think it is safe to assume at this point the expected early release of the 2021 Telluride for order has been pushed back another month. At this point - much will probably depend on how quickly the factory can get back up to normal speed before they start production on the 2021. Also - keep in mind - an all new Optima (to be called the K5) and an all new Sorento both to launch this summer/fall are also being produced at the West Point Georgia factory. So unfortunately - for me and others out there that were in line to get a Telluride allocation this month - it looks like we wait another month and hope KIA announces something soon. My wife's 2011 Honda Odyssey isn't getting any younger!!
I am in your same boat I think .. ordered in late february and now dealer is telling me all their orders have been cancelled for 2020s and they are starting to build 2021s now. He supposed to get back to me about ordering a 2021.. I am not going to be happy if they jack the price on the 2021 .. if so, I may think about going back to the Palisade.