No soliciting permitted.

Canadian 2021 Telluride

T’Ride

Reaction score
Nightsky way better then Nappa IMO, but I am biased :)

https:/ /imgur.com/RJhcjdd (no need to post an image here, but delete the space between // if you want a look)
I just picked up our SX, Glacial White with Black interior. Love it. My wife and I both liked the Nightsky package but feel it won’t age as well as the “standard” over time. We have seen our neighbour's VW Atlas with a black package for two years now, and friends just got their “standard” model with regular alloys and we both agreed it looked more “high end”. Just our opinion…. but we hope more people buy Nightsky editions and our non-Nightsky will be the more unique model! 😊

Last edited:

Buying a Telluride

Reaction score
Hello Canadians!

Looking at getting a SX limited in Gravity Grey, Edmonton area (Sherwood Park), does anyone have any suggestions on what prices are compared to MSRP these days?

We debated back and forth between the Limited or Nightsky (interior vs exterior, both were good) but ultimately chose the seats and less cash over the blackout. A few dealers have mentioned they will compete on price when checking out colors and options, but then you hear that they sell for MSRP. Just wondering what people have experienced themselves lately for reference when we go to make a purchase.

Thanks in advance!

kjvdz

Reaction score
Negotiate.
I got 2500 and 800-1000 in accessories +Sherlock+rustproofing.
Be ready to walk out of there if you're not satisfied.
Sorry to go back to this but we are picking up this weekend. Was that $2500 including tax? What sort of coverage did you get and what dealer did you go through?

Tired1

Reaction score
Well, we've officially had our Telly for 1 week and loving it! Ordered May 15 told 8-10 weeks, picked up July 8. 2021 Dark Moss Nightsky package. Some challenges on pick up which was very frustrating - Dealer had added the extended warranty to the bill even though we had declined it. Had all the paperwork redrawn, then find they also had the rust/paint protection warranty on there which we'd also declined. That was an absolute clusterf**k because of course, they'd already installed the stupid blinky light and done whatever else. Some argument over what was or was not declined, I had proof that I had emailed the dealer 3 days after the initial order and explicitly declined both the extended warranty and the rust/paint warranty, which the finance employee had acknowledged in reply.

They made me feel guilty and I stupidly agreed to pay their "cost" of $999 for the package with all the confusion and rushing about. In hindsight, I should've fought that harder because I didn't agree to them installing it in the first place. It was a pretty frustrating experience in the end and I'm out $1000 I hadn't planned on spending.

thehellyouride

Reaction score
Well, we've officially had our Telly for 1 week and loving it! Ordered May 15 told 8-10 weeks, picked up July 8. 2021 Dark Moss Nightsky package. Some challenges on pick up which was very frustrating - Dealer had added the extended warranty to the bill even though we had declined it. Had all the paperwork redrawn, then find they also had the rust/paint protection warranty on there which we'd also declined. That was an absolute clusterf**k because of course, they'd already installed the stupid blinky light and done whatever else. Some argument over what was or was not declined, I had proof that I had emailed the dealer 3 days after the initial order and explicitly declined both the extended warranty and the rust/paint warranty, which the finance employee had acknowledged in reply.

They made me feel guilty and I stupidly agreed to pay their "cost" of $999 for the package with all the confusion and rushing about. In hindsight, I should've fought that harder because I didn't agree to them installing it in the first place. It was a pretty frustrating experience in the end and I'm out $1000 I hadn't planned on spending.
Sorry to hear, and I share your pain. I picked up my Telluride less than 2 weeks ago. Loving it, but my dealer and overall experience with Kia was awful. This is my first Kia, I was mostly a Toyota customer until now. My Toyota dealer and brand experience was always immensely better. Now, having put all that behind, I have to say that I have NEVER gotten so many compliments about my car (Ebony Black Night Sky, added the black sidesteps, and tinted all around at 35%)!

Tired1

Reaction score
Sorry to hear, and I share your pain. I picked up my Telluride less than 2 weeks ago. Loving it, but my dealer and overall experience with Kia was awful. This is my first Kia, I was mostly a Toyota customer until now. My Toyota dealer and brand experience was always immensely better. Now, having put all that behind, I have to say that I have NEVER gotten so many compliments about my car (Ebony Black Night Sky, added the black sidesteps, and tinted all around at 35%)!
Totally agree, first time Kia owner and dealer experience was the worst I've had. I was satisfied with the price overall and stuck with the dealer, but there were red flags from the get-go that I should have paid more attention to:
- Mandatory $200 charge for wheel locks (which are coming off ASAP) and also a few hundred $$ for window etching, among other non-negotiable charges totaling over $800
- Shuffled around from person to person - First guy on the phone says "come see me, you'll deal with me start to finish" and then show up for our appointment and get told he's busy, so-and-so will be right out, so-and-so then was too busy to help us, got passed off to another body, and again, and again... all in all there were no less than 6 people from start to finish in this transaction.

A few other minor irritations, but this warranty thing takes the cake. I was on the verge of walking away without my car that night.

I'm glad I didn't because I love my Telluride, but I doubt I'll be back to that dealer again.

Genblue

Reaction score
I'm also a first-time Kia owner and I had a great experience with Ryan / Julie at Orangeville Kia.
I stopped in yesterday to say Hi and pick up an English copy of the manual.

Great folks and a great experience @ Orangeville Kia!

BTW, I'm loving my Telly. The only issue I have at the moment is my windows refusing to close at high speeds or windy conditions.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

T’Ride

Reaction score
I'm also a first-time Kia owner and I had a great experience with Ryan / Julie at Orangeville Kia.
I stopped in yesterday to say Hi and pick up an English copy of the manual.

Great folks and a great experience @ Orangeville Kia!

BTW, I'm loving my Telly. The only issue I have at the moment is my windows refusing to close at high speeds or windy conditions.
We absolutely agree, having had an equally great experience at Orangeville KIA. We dealt directly with both Ryan Richards and Linda Richards who were more than fair when making our deal, honest and straight forward throughout, and gracious and caring when we picked up our Telluride SX. After talking with and being disappointed with four other dealers, my wife and I recommend them to everyone looking at purchasing a Kia.

Money123

Reaction score
Well I waited too long to order. I suddenly needed a second car before Sept 7th and I couldn't wait the quoted 2 to 3 months by my ontario dealers. I even called as far away as alberta looking for an in stock telluride. Nothing.

I put a deposit on a 2021 honda pilot touring. I pick it up on Friday. Most honda dealerships told me msrp and were actually not willing to negotiate at all, till I found one dealer that got me $3000 off msrp and no doc fees. Unless this is an ontario thing, because when i lived in bc there were always doc fees.

I had to have called at least 20 dealerships and walked into 3. Before I got a deal.

Anyways enjoy your sweet rides. I wish I had ordered sooner but we couldn't justify two cars until my wife got her license, which she finally did. This honda has a lot of bells and whistles so I'm excited and the interest rate for actually lower then kia's. Who would have thought the day honda would have lower rate then kia.

Oddiew

Reaction score
hmmnnn ... I just deposited for a 2022 sx limited nightsky. I hope I don't have to deal with pop-up issues from a dealership that I didn't agree to because I went through an old-skool autobroker. I'm not really too worried but after reading this thread I may have to give my broker another quick call or email to ask some quick questions.

the only quibble I really have about the Canadian experience is that you only have:

- exterior color (pick one!)
- black leather interior (don't pick! we have you covered!)

at the end of the day it didn't matter because the wife isn't into car details that much. Simple exterior and simple interior and we're good to go.

I'm just wondering if it's worth getting this ceramic application (we live in the Vancouver, BC area) and i'd love to swap out the primacy tires for some crossclimate 2 tires. Hello Costco!

GreekWiz

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it's worth getting this ceramic application (we live in the Vancouver, BC area) and i'd love to swap out the primacy tires for some crossclimate 2 tires. Hello Costco!

Being Canadian, you should keep the 20" Michelin for summer, and get 18" wheels or steel rims and get full winter tires.

18" because they will be cheaper, and with the sidewalls will be exactly the same as the 20" in the summer. Myself and many here have done this, no regrets.

Oddiew

Reaction score
Being Canadian, you should keep the 20" Michelin for summer, and get 18" wheels or steel rims and get full winter tires.

18" because they will be cheaper, and with the sidewalls will be exactly the same as the 20" in the summer. Myself and many here have done this, no regrets.

yeah, that's what I normally do but here in Vancouver it's kinda iffy weatherwise ... I've been reading some glowing reviews about the crossclimate2's and how good they are for all conditions plus snowflake designation - reported very good winter performance for this class of tire coupled with AWD of the Telly ... i'm liking the idea of just keeping the tires on 24/7 for 5 years + straight.

I'm getting old .. thinking about swapping tire sets and paying attention to Vancouver weather (rain, snow ... cold ... rain ... sunny ....) uses up too many precious braincells. I don't have many left.

ratnamur87

Reaction score
Hello All,

Typically how long does it take for the vehicle to arrive at the dealership after the VIN is received?

thornhill55

Reaction score
Just wanted to post my sincere appreciation to the TELLURIDE FORUM, and specifically to two members.It was seeing posts from Jerrybeav and Danstra that got me to make an inquiry about an SX from Ryan at ORANGEVILLE KIA. After talking with five dealers from the GTA to Bracebridge, Ryan Richards gave me a straight forward quote, with no bull and a great attitude. We ordered a Glacial white SX and had it in approximately 3.5 weeks (we were lucky to catch the last Canadian production before the 2022 cut off). Orangeville is was great to deal with - Ryan and Linda Richards had our T’Ride prepped and ready for pick up as promised last Monday. A great price, very fair trade in value on our vehicle, and best of all NO surprises. We absolutely recommend talking with and taking a drive to Orangeville to make your purchase.
Hi
If you are looking to purchase a T’Ride, do yourself a favour and check with Orangeville KIA… dealt straight up with us from day one. Best pricing, in less than half an hour (and best trade value), after talking with dealers from the GTA to Bracebridge. Talk with Ryan or Linda Richards before you buy.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but T'Ride do you mind telling me what you paid at Orangeville. Thank you!

T’Ride

Reaction score
Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but T'Ride do you mind telling me what you paid at Orangeville. Thank you!
We got top dollar for our trade in (750 over next best offer) and about 3500 off MSRP

Aka

Reaction score
hello everyone,

wishing you all happy holidays. I'm new to this would love your help on the new sexy Telluride SXl how much should I be being for it. I'm in Alberta.

cheers!

GreekWiz

Reaction score
hello everyone,

wishing you all happy holidays. I'm new to this would love your help on the new sexy Telluride SXl how much should I be being for it. I'm in Alberta.

cheers!

I replied to your post on Facebook, but will paste it here for you as well, you will get more traction here, as there is a few of us from Alberta in this thread.

For a SXL Nightsky you are looking at $60k-$61k all in (taxes included). If you don't want Nightsky, about $1000 less. That's not including any dealer bullshit extra charges. Now that was last year for a 2021, but with lower stock, you might be closer to $61k-$62k.

I see you are in Edmonton, so I can't help you, but when I bought my SXL Nightsky in Calgary, I got all the dealer bullshit extras (nitrogen, wheel locks, block heater) for free. They usually charge $2000 for it.

I also factory ordered it and I think they messed up and put it on, so YMMV.

Aka

Reaction score
Probably. We use this vehicle for everything and I drive 70km round trip to work daily.
I replied to your post on Facebook, but will paste it here for you as well, you will get more traction here, as there is a few of us from Alberta in this thread.

For a SXL Nightsky you are looking at $60k-$61k all in (taxes included). If you don't want Nightsky, about $1000 less. That's not including any dealer bullshit extra charges. Now that was last year for a 2021, but with lower stock, you might be closer to $61k-$62k.

I see you are in Edmonton, so I can't help you, but when I bought my SXL Nightsky in Calgary, I got all the dealer bullshit extras (nitrogen, wheel locks, block heater) for free. They usually charge $2000 for it.

I also factory ordered it and I think they messed up and put it on, so YMMV.
Thanks StonyRob

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners