No soliciting permitted.

Canadian 2021 Telluride

derikf

Reaction score
Hey guys, just purchased a Telluride SX in white this morning, I was expecting I'd be waiting a month or two to actually receive it but it just so happens the dealership has one coming in early next week so it looks like I'll be able to pick it up on Wednesday. Was able to get what I think was a pretty good price on it as well with a total sales price of $52,350.

Genblue

Reaction score
Hey guys, just purchased a Telluride SX in white this morning, I was expecting I'd be waiting a month or two to actually receive it but it just so happens the dealership has one coming in early next week so it looks like I'll be able to pick it up on Wednesday. Was able to get what I think was a pretty good price on it as well with a total sales price of $52,350.
Congrats! Hopefully you love it as much as I love mine!
With the exception of the drivers-side window going up in the wind, everything else has been great.

derikf

Reaction score
Congrats! Hopefully you love it as much as I love mine!
With the exception of the drivers-side window going up in the wind, everything else has been good
Thanks! Can't wait to pick it up. What do you mean your drivers side window goes up in the wind?

Genblue

Reaction score
Thanks! Can't wait to pick it up. What do you mean your drivers side window goes up in the wind?
On a windy day, the driver-side window won't close completely. It will go up to the top and then back down about 1/2".
The same conditions on the passenger side had no issues.

Locatino

Reaction score
$52,350 plus tax?

Johndoe

Reaction score
First car wash since ppf and ceramic pro on 2021 GG SX with black mags. Resting right now in the shade away from noon sun.

Chemical guys suds ceramic+optimum no rinse as water softener in both soap and rinse 2 buckets. Finished with Opticoat Hyperseal. Chemical guys PVR on tires.

I think it's pretty stunning /shiny as is. Don't think there's need for an additional instant detailer/gloss enhancer.

Attachments

• IMG_20210502_122411.jpg
    IMG_20210502_122411.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20210502_122457.jpg
    IMG_20210502_122457.jpg
    593.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20210502_122440.jpg
    IMG_20210502_122440.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 67

Johndoe

Reaction score
which dealer is that?

I went to my dealer today. Kia Gabriel West in Montreal.... to pickup my SX Telluride Gravity Gray.
At car inspection, they installed a 4-pin instead of 7-pin. So I talked to my agent about it saying specifically that I validated with him before the whole sales process and test driving the Telluride that the full tow package was indeed 7-pin. He had confirmed to me yes after supposedly checking with his accessories department...
Low and behold tonight the accessories guy tells me that Kia Canada do not have the wiring for a 7-pin. They have the 7-pin but no wiring for it in Canada. So it's a non-functional (dare I say non-legal) 7-pin.
I talked to the accessories guy and the agent, why confirm to me you can get the 7-pin if it's non-functional? Then the agent goes on to tell me one client had left the dealership with a 7-pin but that was non-functional.... but because the client hadn't asked about the wiring, too bad for him.

I'm really pissed off after thinking that 2021 Telluride had 7-pin when Canada doesn't.... Maybe wait for a 2022 Canada. I do not know.
I've never walked off a lot without my car...
Never dealt with such dishonesty...

Do not know what to do about the Telluride.... is Palisade 7-p

Hello!
Hopefully you guys can help me out, we recently purchased a 2021 telluride Sx limited and paid extra to have the dealership instal the tow hitch receiver and 7 pin wiring set up. Upon arrival at the dealership and inspection I noted that it looks nothing like the pictures online. This mount is way below the bumper and only has 13 inches from the ground to the top of the receiver. Wondering if our dealership gave us aftermarket and not OEM. Could a Canadian owner please let me know if this is what yours looks like??
Looks terrible.
Look at previous posts for mine.
It was still a hell of an experience as they had initially installed 4pin.

But I got them to go to aftermarket to change 4pin to 7pin and give me a Curt wireless brake controller for free.

So if you want OEM/USA look, get your dealer to supply all parts for 4pin to aftermarket installer and have them 7pin it.

Locatino

Reaction score
First car wash since ppf and ceramic pro on 2021 GG SX with black mags. Resting right now in the shade away from noon sun.

Chemical guys suds ceramic+optimum no rinse as water softener in both soap and rinse 2 buckets. Finished with Opticoat Hyperseal. Chemical guys PVR on tires.

I think it's pretty stunning /shiny as is. Don't think there's need for an additional instant detailer/gloss enhancer.
That's a beauty! I am waiting for my GG SX and I am liking the look of your roof rails. I have been trying to decide whether to get the ones that stick out or that end and the clamps and liking the look of these. The silver looks good too. What model/brand are these and are you happy with them? Where did you get them installed? How is the noise level?

I don't think I will ever baby my Telly like you, but it's looking great!

hamride

Reaction score

I guess you bought the replica of USA black rims of their SX model...

Last edited:

propofolboy

Reaction score
So the UHaul Part Number is: CQT76420
It looks like it's a Draw-tite, which corresponds to the 13" height (I'm assuming this is to the centre).
Yep thats definately the Drawtite one. They did a nice job installing it ! looks good despite sitting so low!

Johndoe

Reaction score
I guess you bought the replica of USA black rime of their SX model...
I have two sets of mags winter and summer tires. Stock Canadian silver. Then I bought black chrome. Didn't realize it was the one of US SX. I could've gone for other designs and colors.

Locatino

Reaction score
Johndoe:

Can I ask about your crossbar system? My current vehicle is a Honda Odyssey with integrated OEM crossbars. Are there advantages to the type you got? I use them to carry a large Yakima Skybox for luggage and stuff we take back and forth to the cottage in the summer or if travelling with the whole family. I'm not sure I like the look of the Kia cross bars and I like how yours coordinate with the chrome trim.

Are these made to come off completely or do you leave them on all the time? If they are easy to remove, I would probably do that over the winter. Is there an issue with going through automatic washes with these? (I know I know....). How is the noise? And which model are they?

Thanks,
Paul

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Johndoe

Reaction score
Johndoe:

Can I ask about your crossbar system? My current vehicle is a Honda Odyssey with integrated OEM crossbars. Are there advantages to the type you got? I use them to carry a large Yakima Skybox for luggage and stuff we take back and forth to the cottage in the summer or if travelling with the whole family. I'm not sure I like the look of the Kia cross bars and I like how yours coordinate with the chrome trim.

Are these made to come off completely or do you leave them on all the time? If they are easy to remove, I would probably do that over the winter. Is there an issue with going through automatic washes with these? (I know I know....). How is the noise? And which model are they?

Thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul, that's a lot to answer.
Dunno Honda Odyssey stock nor fit. Dunno compatibility to switch it over to a Telluride.

All I can say is you should do some research to see what max load capacity OEM ones from Odyssey can give you. If that's enough, then fine stick with it and get the $ savings vs Thule, Yakima, etc.

If you haven't guessed it, mine are Thule Evo Wingbar. I leave them on year long. Personal choice and I like the look.
I can add accessories to carry things. I'm still considering a roof tent though it's quite the expense. Still considering cargo carrier or basket. I do biking, snowboarding, paddleboarding, kayaking, so, tons of different requirements.

Just YouTube or Google removal. Fairly simple, unscrew/loosen bolt, remove, done.

My Telluride's only a month old and we're exiting winter but going through a cold rainy week. I've not had the chance to go on a highway with the moonroof open. I've also been enjoying my SIRIUSXM free trial. If anything, I think if you do get wind noise, it's more likely going to be from boxiness of Telluride rather than your roof rack.

Given that Thule Wingbar is likely more aerodynamic than OEM.

I've posted photos of me PPF+ceramic coat my car.....so will never go through an automatic car wash.

kjvdz

Reaction score
Yes, that was the final sales price before tax. Thought it was a pretty good deal since even after adding in the admin fee, Ontario tire stewardship fee and OMVIC it came in at 1100 under MSRP.
That seems pretty good. Any chance you have contact info for the dealer/salesperson you dealt with - we are in the market for the EX currently. Was there a decent amount of back and forth or were they pretty open to providing a bit of a discount?

derikf

Reaction score
That seems pretty good. Any chance you have contact info for the dealer/salesperson you dealt with - we are in the market for the EX currently. Was there a decent amount of back and forth or were they pretty open to providing a bit of a discount?
They were pretty good. I reached out to a number of local dealers to see what the best price they could give me was and then went back to Kitchener Kia to see if they could match or beat it since I preferred to use the closest dealership.
They actually went $1619 below MSRP but, like seemingly all Ontario dealerships, they add on a $499 admin fee plus the mandatory $20 Ontario Tire Stewardship Fee and $10 OMVIC fee. So I effectively paid $1100 under MSRP.

kjvdz

Reaction score
They were pretty good. I reached out to a number of local dealers to see what the best price they could give me was and then went back to Kitchener Kia to see if they could match or beat it since I preferred to use the closest dealership.
They actually went $1619 below MSRP but, like seemingly all Ontario dealerships, they add on a $499 admin fee plus the mandatory $20 Ontario Tire Stewardship Fee and $10 OMVIC fee. So I effectively paid $1100 under MSRP.
That’s helpful. I reached out to a few and only had one give a price, with most others just mentioning that they are very popular. I’ll try Kitchener and see if they have any better offers. Appreciate the help

derikf

Reaction score
That’s helpful. I reached out to a few and only had one give a price, with most others just mentioning that they are very popular. I’ll try Kitchener and see if they have any better offers. Appreciate the help
The two I got the most response from were Kitchener and Guelph Kia. We did our test drive at Kitchener and I promised the sales person I would give them an offer to match or better any other offer I received. Hope all of this helps you land your Telluride.

Locatino

Reaction score
Got my VIN today! Hope to receive the Telly by end of the month.

Locatino

Reaction score
Our Telluride has arrived, taking ownership a week Monday. The dealership has a backlog of new cars being prepped to go out, so can't get it before next weekend. Split premium cargo liner in stock and also got a good deal on the Thule roof rack crossbars. Too bad Tuxmats are still not available :(

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners