Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Headlight upgrade

G

G-421797

Hi, I searched the forum and didn’t find anything.
The bottom 3 trims have a halogen low beam bulb in a projector beam. Does anyone know what is the bulb type? Also is there a separate low beam and high beam bulbs?

Will want to retrofit HID when i get my EX and color match the DRL.
If anyone could take a picture of the back of the headlight it would help me understand what I am in for.

Thank you
I took out the Sylvania 9005 Standard bulb and replaced it wit the Sylvania 9005 super star ultra. Here is s chart. It take 5 minutes per headlight to change and there is a big difference

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I took out the Sylvania 9005 Standard bulb and replaced it wit the Sylvania 9005 super star ultra. Here is s chart. It take 5 minutes per headlight to change and there is a big difference

It is a pretty good difference as I have used those in other cars I have had.. The life expectancy on those are pretty bad though, they burn out fast especially if you do a lot of night driving.

ga1322

Reaction score
How do you like the LED's? Which one's did you get?

Thanks
They look great and I have good visibility at night. They do require a little adjustment but they are better than stock I think. See post in link below for what I used

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

GeordieLaforge

Reaction score
They look great and I have good visibility at night. They do require a little adjustment but they are better than stock I think. See post in link below for what I used
Well, I ordered the
SEALIGHT 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs HB3 High Beam LED Bulb Super Bright 6000K Cool White Upgraded 12x CSP Chips
which should be here on Sunday. Then I have to figure out how to get to the headlight bulbs to swap them.

ga1322

Reaction score
Well, I ordered the
SEALIGHT 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs HB3 High Beam LED Bulb Super Bright 6000K Cool White Upgraded 12x CSP Chips
which should be here on Sunday. Then I have to figure out how to get to the headlight bulbs to swap them.
It’s pretty easy. There is a dust cover you twist off. Right behind that is the assembly. You twist it out, unplug the old, plug in the new, and put the assembly back. Make sure you get it seated right when you put it back.

GeordieLaforge

Reaction score
It’s pretty easy. There is a dust cover you twist off. Right behind that is the assembly. You twist it out, unplug the old, plug in the new, and put the assembly back. Make sure you get it seated right when you put it back.
Thanks. I've only looked under the hood once since I picked it up on Thursday and the engine/garage/outside was pretty hot so I couldn't really search very well.

malicoreon

Reaction score
I had my local shop recommend and install a set on my EX. They were a great color match for the DRLs and a lot more modern looking. When I took the Telly home and parked it in the garage, I noticed the cutoff and light pattern seemed weird on the passenger side. I took it back to the shop to have them look at it. Sure enough, the passenger bulb wasn’t oriented correctly. After they reoriented it, the cutoff on both sides looked great (at least inside in their garage). We’ll see how they look on tomorrow morning’s commute. This morning’s drive was a little dim ;-)

GeordieLaforge

Reaction score
I had my local shop recommend and install a set on my EX. They were a great color match for the DRLs and a lot more modern looking. When I took the Telly home and parked it in the garage, I noticed the cutoff and light pattern seemed weird on the passenger side. I took it back to the shop to have them look at it. Sure enough, the passenger bulb wasn’t oriented correctly. After they reoriented it, the cutoff on both sides looked great (at least inside in their garage). We’ll see how they look on tomorrow morning’s commute. This morning’s drive was a little dim ;-)

They are a little tricky to get in to the right position. I'm guessing your shop probably didn't have the one bulb locked in....I had to fight with in and there wasn't a lot of room. It looks like the bulbs I got may not be as bright as yours...yours say 4000-6000 lumens....mine are 4000 lumen though mine might be a little whiter (6000k vs 6500k). I went out last night with it and they looked good but couldn't find anyplace dark enough to take pictures. Too many street lights.