Installed Proximity Door Lock/Unlock Module

davidgerig

Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE!
After installation, if you leave any door of the car doors open for longer than 15 minutes, your car will auto-lock when you close the door.
WITH YOUR KEYFOB INSIDE THE VEHICLE.
I learned this unloading groceries at home (thank God).
It unlocks with the spare FOB. And works normal after that. I've played with it and can repeat the bug.
REMEMBER to use the UVO app as well, it can unlock vehicle from your phone.
It's not the end of the world, just be aware.

zachr4x4

Reaction score
sent you an email with my paypal info
Just send email and paypal

TxAggie

Telluride Junkie
Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with either the Proximity Door Lock/Unlock Module or the ACCESSORIDES remote start module causing failure of the IBU (Body Control Module)? I've been having some battery discharging issues and the dealership says it is the IBU (Battery Discharging Warning). I disconnected both the proximity and Accessorides modules prior to the visit, but I'm just wondering if either has anything to do with causing the issue.

bogie

Reaction score
See my reply to the remote start thread...

Fuzzy

Reaction score
I just received my module from Shark and the version they shipped me has a (6) dip switch module on the end of the board instead of the (2) switch surface mounted one that all of the instruction sets show. Even the instructions they sent show the (2) switch. Has anyone else received and installed the (6) dip switch version of the module?

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Didn’t have a chance to post earlier but the Shark Racing team responded to my email with 24 hours and said the module installs just like the older version. I did the install yesterday and it works great!

BRNXBMR

Reaction score
Hi All,
Could I confirm 2 things about the Proximity module please? I've read conflicting reports in this thread.

1. Auto-lock works on a TIME + PROXIMITY detection, not just TIME.
i.e. the car should not lock unless the key is NOT detected + 10 seconds elapsed.

2. Auto-lock does NOT arm the alarm, just locks the doors.
Auto-unlock DOES disarm the alarm as expected.

Are these true?
1. False. Mine will lock after roughly 10 sec even if I am still in range.
2. False. As far as i can tell alarm/anti-theft still works with the auto lock

Ecks Telly

Reaction score
So in an attempt to disable my sensor, I seem to have it in unlock only mode. I kinda like it! When I park in my garage, it doesn’t lock. When I come out of the grocery store to a manually locked Telly, it unlocks as I approach.

GreekWiz

Reaction score
So in an attempt to disable my sensor, I seem to have it in unlock only mode. I kinda like it! When I park in my garage, it doesn’t lock. When I come out of the grocery store to a manually locked Telly, it unlocks as I approach.

Can I ask what you did?

My battery died a couple days ago (was -40 degrees out), and after I got it going, now my vehicle only unlocks and does not lock (does not lock with the proximity sensor, but locks fine any other way)

My settings might have been reset (some were some were not), but it was working perfectly a day earlier, do I am thinking it's something I need to reset/change.

Also my app is not warning me that doors are unlocked anymore. (if I do vehicle status it shows unlocked)

Anyone able to help me figure it out?

Last edited:

Lakaiguy

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered already but is this feature standard on 2022 SX Prestige models?

Ecks Telly

Reaction score
Can I ask what you did?

My battery died a couple days ago (was -40 degrees out), and after I got it going, now my vehicle only unlocks and does not lock (does not lock with the proximity sensor, but locks fine any other way)

My settings might have been reset (some were some were not), but it was working perfectly a day earlier, do I am thinking it's something I need to reset/change.

Also my app is not warning me that doors are unlocked anymore.

Anyone able to help me figure it out?
It was three clicks of the remote tailgate button, which is supposed to either enable or disable the sensor board, mine kind of went to a hybrid - only unlocking upon approach to a manually locked door.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

GreekWiz

Reaction score
It was three clicks of the remote tailgate button, which is supposed to either enable or disable the sensor board, mine kind of went to a hybrid - only unlocking upon approach to a manually locked door.

OK thanks, I am 99% sure I did not do any clicks to the tailgate, but I will try it.

I guess I will have to wait until spring to see what lights are on the box, I probably have to take the trim off again, I can't remember where where the module with the status lights is.

My concern is the app is not warning that the doors are unlock now, I don't mind manually locking (I prefer not to), but at least before I had this it would warn me. We have a ton of people looking through cars at night lately.

I have to think it's related somehow,

GreekWiz

Reaction score
Ok proximity module folks...
My module has stopped locking when I walk away. Still unlocks on approach. Started this morning when had it in for a tire patch. Is there some remote reset thst they might have messed up? TIA

Did you ever figure this out? Same thing is happening to me now.

I have tried clicking the trunk button 3 times and 4 times. Now it won't even unlock anymore.

Is that the only settings with trunk button?

Last edited:

GreekWiz

Reaction score
Sorry for posting 4 times in a row, but I still can't get this to work 2 weeks later.

I press the trunk 3 times to make sure mirrors fold in to engage the module as per post #85 in this thread, and it works IF I walk up to unlock, then walk away UNTIL I restart the vehicle, then it stops working again, seems to lose the saved setting.

I seem to be in a Hybrid Mode like @Ecks Telly situation above, however while that works for him, I park outside and need doors locked. I was hoping @BRNXBMR would see this as it seems he had same issue, but I don't think he has.

I have emailed Shark Racing hoping for an answer, because I am really bummed about this, I really loved this module, now it's frustrating me.

I think my next step will be to unplug it to lose all power to the module, then plug it in hoping it resets it or something.

anomalist

Reaction score
Hey @GreekWiz - I don't have much to add in terms of specific troubleshooting but I'm curious if the weather conditions you're in have anything to do with it. Small electronics like cell phones do especially bad in cold, cold conditions, and the controller board on the proximity sensor would be susceptible to the same circumstances.

You mentioned it was -40 - if there was any moisture on the board, that would make things even worse. In my opinion, it might be worth either waiting until the weather warms up in your area before considering it busted, or taking the board out, bringing it inside in a warm, non-humid area to dry for a few days, and then trying again.

GreekWiz

Reaction score
Hey @GreekWiz - I don't have much to add in terms of specific troubleshooting but I'm curious if the weather conditions you're in have anything to do with it. Small electronics like cell phones do especially bad in cold, cold conditions, and the controller board on the proximity sensor would be susceptible to the same circumstances.

You mentioned it was -40 - if there was any moisture on the board, that would make things even worse. In my opinion, it might be worth either waiting until the weather warms up in your area before considering it busted, or taking the board out, bringing it inside in a warm, non-humid area to dry for a few days, and then trying again.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand it could be because of the cold, but It's warmed up to about -20 and getting warmer. I am hoping it could be related to that, but I don;t think so to be truthful. Also I don't see the other guys in Calgary having issues.

There is no chance it got wet, and I don't think condensation can get to it.

It's 99% related to the dead battery cause it was fine before that and not since then, is it possible when it tried to activate with low battery, something got "stuck", or maybe even damaged? Not sure.

Regardless, I have no choice but to wait until spring unless I figure out how to disconnect the power to it to try a reset without taking the panels off again. I am not taking those off in this weather.