Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Kia Telluride US production stats. by trim and colors

hammick

Reaction score
Great work! So if I read the chart correctly there are only 88 other Tellurides exactly like my Gravity Gray (non-prestige) with tow package?

Are the Tellurides for the Europe and Asia markets produced in Georgia?

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Great work! So if I read the chart correctly there are only 88 other Tellurides exactly like my Gravity Gray (non-prestige) with tow package?

Are the Tellurides for the Europe and Asia markets produced in Georgia?
Yes, you are correct (SX, AWD, Black, Towing - there are 89 total).

Yes, Tellurides for Middle East and Canada are produced in Georgia - although they lost a few thousand when that cargo ship overturned. They aren't being sold in Europe or Asia yet. The stats only reflect US production, as there isn't an API to track vehicles for export. Michelw can correct me if I misspoke.

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct (SX, AWD, Black, Towing - there are 89 total).

Yes, Tellurides for Middle East and Canada are produced in Georgia - although they lost a few thousand when that cargo ship overturned. They aren't being sold in Europe or Asia yet. The stats only reflect US production, as there isn't an API to track vehicles for export. Michelw can correct me if I misspoke.
Yes you are correct. These stats only reflect US production. I am from Canada and initially I wanted to know the production stats for Canada but I did not find any API or URL that would give me the windows sticker PDF file from a valid VIN. Then I found out the following URL for US production and I then created this chart for my US neighbor:

For example: https://www.kia.com/us/services/en/windowsticker/load/5XYP64HC5LG050734

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
It looks like the combo I ordered is "fairly" popular as far as the SX-P goes, haha. I ordered a SWP in Dune Brown with Tow at 466. The Black Copper numbers are really low.

CouchPotatoDude

Reaction score
This is an excellent resource. Thanks for doing it and sharing. One thing that I think would make it easier to compare at a glance is having separate XS and XSP columns instead of grouping them both together. Of course, maybe that's just me.

Michelw

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This is an excellent resource. Thanks for doing it and sharing. One thing that I think would make it easier to compare at a glance is having separate XS and XSP columns instead of grouping them both together. Of course, maybe that's just me.
Look at the chart again. For the SX model, there is a column for the (P)restige package (look for the column with the letter 'P'). There is also a column for the towing package (TWG).

CouchPotatoDude

Reaction score
Look at the chart again. For the SX model, there is a column for the (P)restige package (look for the column with the letter 'P'). There is also a column for the towing package (TWG).
Yes, I understand that. I just thought if the SX Prestige and non-Prestige were split up into separate trims that the resulting symmetry would make it easier to compare numbers between all trims.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Stacyg

Reaction score
Waiting on my Black copper SXP with Dune leather to be part of the club.. Ordered 8/22. Feels like forever. I haven't recieved any updates yet.
Me too! Ordered beginning of September. Hopefully once u get some info mine will follow! Keep me posted. I have totally out grown my car!! Grandkids!

Smiley1102

Reaction score
Me too! Ordered beginning of September. Hopefully once u get some info mine will follow! Keep me posted. I have totally out grown my car!! Grandkids!
My car is not worth the repairs so I trying to wait till it comes in. Hope it arrives before Ohio winter comes rolling in

tnichole

Reaction score
Have written a small computer application that generates valid Telluride VINs and then calls the Kia "windowsticker" URL to retrieve a windows sticker PDF file. From this PDF file I am able to retrieve all of the trim/color information for the Telluride including dealer address, exterior color, interior color, prestige package and towing package.

All of this data is then written to a small SQLite database in which I can query all of the information that I need.

As of 2019/06/17, here is the complete rundown of the trim/color combinations for the Telluride:

The most produced color: Ebony Black (4724)
The most produced trim: S FWD (5354)
FWD vs AWD: 49.5% vs 50.5%

View attachment 1772
This is AWESOME! Thank you!

parrishwc

Reaction score
Have written a small computer application that generates valid Telluride VINs and then calls the Kia "windowsticker" URL to retrieve a windows sticker PDF file. From this PDF file I am able to retrieve all of the trim/color information for the Telluride including dealer address, exterior color, interior color, prestige package and towing package.

All of this data is then written to a small SQLite database in which I can query all of the information that I need.

As of 2019/06/17, here is the complete rundown of the trim/color combinations for the Telluride:

The most produced color: Ebony Black (4724)
The most produced trim: S FWD (5354)
FWD vs AWD: 49.5% vs 50.5%

View attachment 1772
Very cool info. Thanks for doing this.