Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

List the thing(s) that annoy you about your Telluride

Pacdm

Reaction score
The Kia uvo app the slowness is the most painful thing I do, Kia needs to fix this or put auto start on the key fob.

Luvmytelly

Reaction score
I know two :

1. Have to turn auto-start off every freakin time you get in. That is freaking annoying
2. No foot activated tailgate.
3. No lock button beside the close button to lock and close tailgate at same time, my bmw had it.
4. Navigation and menu navigating is quite complex
That’s it right now thanks
Ditto on all...

YoTellyYo

Reaction score
I have a few things so far, otherwise digging the SUV so far...

DEFINATELY the auto-start / stop. That needs to go away or be able to lock off.

Here's a new, strange one: The seat belt (female end) on the bench seats are realllly short and don't "strech' out at all. My kids car/booster seat covers it and is really hard for her to do her own seat belting.

Headlights on EX are MEH and most importantly don't match the running light LED from factory. Boo.

The delay when I hit the gas! I'm like: let's go fast. Telly is like: Hmmm... howww aboutttt nowwww! Then vroom.

The mirrors on the EX don't aim down when in reverse. It's a wide truck and having some learning curve to get close to the curb... it would be awesome if they pointed down on the lower models.. not sure they do on the higher ones either. I manually do it for now sometimes.

For some reason my steering wheel leather is quickly deteriorating towards the bottom of the wheel. It's bad and am considering taking it in.. thoughts?

The phone charger is so darn close to the ONLY port that allows you to use car play... so if you want to charge a phone wirelessly AND have a phone connected to your system, it's like a phone party in the cubby and gets a little funky IMO.

Maybe ONE more organizer thingy inside the center console box? Maybe I'm picky and stuff just just rattling around in there.

I'll 400th the no remote start on the FOB. Boo. I mean my damn 2011 Jeep Liberty had that... BUT, the APP + Schedule is cool and is working for us pretty well so far.

The garage door opener built into visors would be cool to have.. again, 2011 technology not in 2020 vehicle. Tear.

My kids and I have a great time playing with the rear intercom.. KIA needs to add some voice modulators because my robot voice is old already haha

EX with fog lights option.. or dealer to offer installation of fog lights (soon?)

OK, that's my list so far... cheers!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tellurowe

Reaction score
Found a little annoyance. For the second row bucket seats, the button that collapses the seat (on the side of the seat) is too accessible and too easy for a 2 year old to push every time he walks up to the car.. clearly speaking from experience lol.
It's not a big deal but I didn't realize how easy it was for my kid to move the seat if he wanted to.
My two year old constantly does the same thing lol. He laughs every time he pushes it and it moves and makes that electronic/mechanical sound.

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The mirrors on the EX don't aim down when in reverse. It's a wide truck and having some learning curve to get close to the curb... it would be awesome if they pointed down on the lower models.. not sure they do on the higher ones either. I manually do it for now sometimes.
In the Features and Functions manual, page 19, it states that you need to move the mirror sector on the drivers door either left or right to get the function to work. If it is in the middle, it will not work.

My only problem is the same problem with every liftgate, not tall enough. Going to get brain damage from it.

YoTellyYo

Reaction score
In the Features and Functions manual, page 19, it states that you need to move the mirror sector on the drivers door either left or right to get the function to work. If it is in the middle, it will not work.
Thanks for the details, I saw that instruction but it's not working for me as of yet. I thought that was for the 'folding mirror' vs. the mirror pointing down? Does it work for you?

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think the mirrors only point down on the SX models.
Thanks for the details, I saw that instruction but it's not working for me as of yet. I thought that was for the 'folding mirror' vs. the mirror pointing down? Does it work for you?
I have the sxp and yes it does work once you take it off center.

And looking at the website, yes, only the sx has this feature. Sorry, should have googled more before posting.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think so too... which is exactly why its on my 'annoying' list ;). I mean, seems like that should be a standard safety feature in my mind. :unsure:
Well, it's standard on the SX. Sounds like you really just wanted an SX... but maybe needed the bench option.

YoTellyYo

Reaction score
Well, it's standard on the SX. Sounds like you really just wanted an SX... but maybe needed the bench option.
True, I did want the SX! However, we needed a new vehicle bad and instead of paying $7-10K over MSRP for an SX, I was able to pay $4K less than MSRP with an EX (with bench seat). To your point, I guess some of my list is nulled by going EX, however like other people have mentioned there are just some things that don't make sense why they are not on other trim levels. (y)

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
True, I did want the SX! However, we needed a new vehicle bad and instead of paying $7-10K over MSRP for an SX, I was able to pay $4K less than MSRP with an EX (with bench seat). To your point, I guess some of my list is nulled by going EX, however like other people have mentioned there are just some things that don't make sense why they are not on other trim levels. (y)
Nice deal on EX! It's a great vehicle. The good news with Kia is that most things can be upgraded relatively inexpensively. In time there may even be an aftermarket option for those mirrors or other things.

Owner

Reaction score
Its so KIA gets more people to buy the SX over the lower trims. Their strategy seems to be working.

Owner

Reaction score
I'd agree, but also pi**ing people off by lack of availability or by greedy dealers with $10K markups!
Well yes, supply of SX Tellurides has been far behind their demand but I honestly don't think that was a strategy KIA implemented by design. Dealers are taking advantage of this, or they are trying to anyway. It remains to be seen the long term damage they may be causing to their reputation (and the brand's reputation) with the market adjustments and mandatory dealer add ons.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Well yes, supply of SX Tellurides has been far behind their demand but I honestly don't think that was a strategy KIA implemented by design. Dealers are taking advantage of this, or they are trying to anyway. It remains to be seen the long term damage they may be causing to their reputation (and the brand's reputation) with the market adjustments and mandatory dealer add ons.
I expect that once supply and demand normalize, it will be easier for most people to get the vehicle of their choice without hassle. However, those that walked away due to bad experiences and decide to come back will not patronize the dealership that tried to screw them in the first place.

The big question is, when will this happen? Based on people still having difficulty finding a vehicle (especially SXes) that it won't be until Q1/Q2 2020 at the earliest. I wonder if the factory has to also catch up on the vehicles that sank that were destined for the Middle East? That could also impact when Kia will be all caught up!