No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

My sister backed our 3 week old Telly into a telephone pole 😭

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
She's completely devastated and I'm upset but I'm also completely aware that stuff happens. The insurance company has been GREAT so far. Accident happened today @12p and by 430p I already have a "rough" estimate for repairs. Just have to get it to a shop Monday to start that end of the process. I just hope 🤞 it doesn't take too long to get parts.
any pics ??

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ours is in the shop now. Turns out to be worse damage than initially thought. Have an XTS as a loaner (what a piece of sh*t.. Caddy should be embarrassed) Rear bumper will be replaced, but also needs a new rear stabilizer bar. We shall see how long all this takes to get in.

alexdrums

Reaction score
I'm surprised that a new model like the Telluride fails to offer rear automatic emergency braking, which is standard on all Subarus. That's a fundamental safety omission. The headlights are also inferior to those on the top trim Subaru Ascent. Even on the SX, Telluride headlights do not get a Good rating from the IIHS.
I guess you didn’t see my post from above. It does have emergency braking, but it won’t work in all situations.
P.S. Subarus are ugly

blitt

Reaction score
Very sorry.........I know exactly how I would feel!😥😭 The good thing is no one was hurt!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Wap52

Black Copper SXP AWD Dune Brown with Towing
Reaction score
She's completely devastated and I'm upset but I'm also completely aware that stuff happens. The insurance company has been GREAT so far. Accident happened today @12p and by 430p I already have a "rough" estimate for repairs. Just have to get it to a shop Monday to start that end of the process. I just hope 🤞 it doesn't take too long to get parts.
OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!!!. Just kidding accidents happen and it is only a car. Forgive her and take her to lunch. It could have happened to you. Enjoy the season and your new ride. Hopefully your dealer will speed up your parts.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't have any pics, but the only visible damage was to the cover that is removed on the back bumper for the tow package. We did get the call today that it is done, so wife is ecstatic....just a week and a day for new rear bumper and stabilizer bar..not too bad.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't have any pics, but the only visible damage was to the cover that is removed on the back bumper for the tow package. We did get the call today that it is done, so wife is ecstatic....just a week and a day for new rear bumper and stabilizer bar..not too bad.
Thats great news ! Let us know how the paint match is , from experience the Kia colors are reproduced virtually 100% OEM !!