Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

need advice: Telluride vs Palisade

MiamiJon

Reaction score
Personally I like the exterior of the Telluride way, way more then the Palisade. I saw the Palisade today in person and was disappointed, it looks (at least to me) smaller then the Telluride, or not as "beefy" if you will, (I know, I know, everyone says they are the "same", but they are actually not, the Telluride is a bit taller, wider and longer on official specs then the Palisade, and seeing the vehicle today, it actually looked smaller).

The design of the Palisade is just off to me. I hate, hate, hate the front end and side of the Palisade.

There are a couple of things I do like on the Palisade that I would of loved to see on my Telluride:
-the 12" digital cluster
-the diamond stitched leather
-3 spoke steering wheel with paddle shifter

That's all I like on the Palisade. Would I trade my Ebony Black Telluride SX for a Palisade? Never, I just love the way the Telluride looks, and stands, even if it "lacks" a couple of things I would of enjoyed.

There some things that I don't like on the Telluride as well:
-I do not like to remote start via APP, sometimes it takes forever for the APP to sync with the car in order for me to start it
-I would of loved, loved, a V8 or V6 turbo option
-I would of loved a quad exhaust (I'm checking with local custom exhaust shop to see if they can install a quad exhaust on mine)
-I would of loved larger wheel options (21"/22") - working and seeing what goes best, hopefully will have 21/22 installed soon
-I would of loved 4 way lumbar support
-7" center screen to display GPS map (not just turn arrows)
-Higher audio options (the Harmon/Kardon sounds "ok" but nothing special)
-Front + rear adjustable air suspension. Mine having the towing package has the rear air suspension. Would of liked front+rear

Overall I am extremely happy with the decision to purchase the Telluride SX, this is my first Kia , I have always owned German / British / US cars, around 40 cars in the last 10 years, so I am kind of picky when it comes to cars.

Kia has blown me away with the Telluride. The Palisade (other then the 3 mentioned "likes" above) did not "move" me in saying, I like this car, let me give it a try, like I did with the Telluride. I wasn't even looking in purchasing the Telluride, I went to Kia to check out the new Sportage for my wife 2 weeks ago. Long story short, 3 hours after arriving at the dealership to checkout the Sportage, we drove off the lot with a 2020 Telluride SX and a 2020 Sportage SX Turbo :)

Last edited:

Telly

Reaction score
Overall I am extremely happy with the decision to purchase the Telluride SX, this is my first Kia , have always owned German / British / US cars, around 40 cars in the last 10 years, so I am kind of picky when it comes to cars.
40 cars in the last 10 years? You get a new car every 3 months? That must be typo, right?

MiamiJon

Reaction score
40 cars in the last 10 years? You get a new car every 3 months? That must be typo, right?
As we go between NY and FL a lot, I have a min. of 2 vehicles (for me and my wife) at each of our homes. That being said, I usually have 4 (sometimes 5) vehicles at a time between both locations, vehicles that I replace quite often. Let's just say my wife is not a fan of my habits :)))). The "deal" with the 2 new Kia's I got did not cost me anything out of pocket if you will as I traded in 3 of the cars I had in FL: 1 x 2014 BMW 650i + 1 x 2014 RAM 1500 HEMI Sport + 1 x 2011 Porsche Boxster :)

“Would of” is also a typo.
Fixed, thanks, was really tired when I wrote the post and did not double check ;)

regaphysics

Reaction score
I wish there was a bit more differentiation between Telluride and Palisade. They could have made the Telluride a lot more off-road/sport capable and oriented, with Palisade being more luxury. Instead they are pretty much differentiated by styling. A telluride with off-road tires, skid plates, and added ground clearance would be awesome. Or a sport version with the twin-turbo v6 and stiffened suspension.

MiamiJon

Reaction score
I wish there was a bit more differentiation between Telluride and Palisade. They could have made the Telluride a lot more off-road/sport capable and oriented, with Palisade being more luxury. Instead they are pretty much differentiated by styling. A telluride with off-road tires, skid plates, and added ground clearance would be awesome. Or a sport version with the twin-turbo v6 and stiffened suspension.
I agree 100%

Mondabi2000

Reaction score
I have been researching both the Telluride SX Prestige and the Palisade Limited but haven't been able to drive either. Will get to drive a Palisade Friday. Did any of you test drive both and if so, how would you compare the ride quality and cabin noise? Plus, I obviously would have to wait for a Telluride based on everything I am seeing in this forum. Just not sure if worth the wait. Can't even test drive the Telluride because they are selling before even getting to the dealerships! Ugh! Decisions, decisions! LOL!!
I had the chance to test drive both this past week. Significant differences were noticeable. First, the Telluride had a quieter and more stable feel while driving. The cabin noise difference was very noticeable to me (I'm very sensitive to road noise; my current Hyundai doesn't have any features that keep it to a min, sadly, but I've had it for many years in all fairness, before they upgraded such things). The Telluride handled more like a car, turned on a dime, was responsive, and the wheel gave me more of a sense of control while driving. The storage was more, and the head room was better in Telluride. For me, the cabin noise difference was a big deal, however, as well as the overall handling. Also, some of the standard features in the EX and SX models required an upgrade with the Palisade. I have driven a Hyundai for many years, but Kia won me over this week. Hope that is helpful.

Last edited:

regaphysics

Reaction score
I had the chance to test drive both this past week. Significant differences were noticeable. First, the Telluride had a quieter and more stable feel while driving. The cabin noise difference was very noticeable to me (I'm very sensitive to road noise; my current Hyundai doesn't have any features that keep it to a min, sadly, but I've had it for many years in all fairness, before they upgraded such things). The Telluride handled more like a car, turned on a dime, was responsive, and the wheel gave me more of a sense of control while driving. The storage was more, and the head room was better in Telluride. For me, the cabin noise difference was a big deal, however, as well as the overall handling. Also, some of the standard features in the EX and SX models required an upgrade with the Palisade. I have driven a Hyundai for many years, but Kia won me over this week. Hope that is helpful.
This doesn't make a ton of sense because I think objectively the palisade is quieter. It has more laminated glass and more sound deadening material added. It was likely road conditions.

Mondabi2000

Reaction score
This doesn't make a ton of sense because I think objectively the palisade is quieter. It has more laminated glass and more sound deadening material added. It was likely road conditions.
We may disagree. Drove on highway and regular streets. Conditions were good. Telluride has done a better job with this, that’s all. This is based on my driving experience.

regaphysics

Reaction score
We may disagree. Drove on highway and regular streets. Conditions were good. Telluride has done a better job with this, that’s all. This is based on my driving experience.
Well, I'm just trying to point out for everyone that if you objectively measure the decibel level in each car, the palisade is generally a bit quieter. We'll see more official numbers with consumer reports testing I suppose.

G

G-408607

I drove both the palisade and telluride, the same day, same road, and pretty much similar feature set. Palisade was a lot more bouncy on bumps and potholes while telluride felt more grounded and stable. Also telluride felt quieter.
The interior of palisade does look richer but the third row has less window area so more claustrophobic. Overall i liked telluride better. Found a dealer in lancaster ma that wasnt marking up the price. got a white ex awd with tow

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mondabi2000

Reaction score
I drove both the palisade and telluride, the same day, same road, and pretty much similar feature set. Palisade was a lot more bouncy on bumps and potholes while telluride felt more grounded and stable. Also telluride felt quieter.
The interior of palisade does look richer but the third row has less window area so more claustrophobic. Overall i liked telluride better. Found a dealer in lancaster ma that wasnt marking up the price. got a white ex awd with tow
I agree! Glad you found a good dealer. I have one, too, that isn’t marking up!