No soliciting permitted.

Order to delivery time

alexdrums

Reaction score
We received a Dealer Request Detail with a request id of AZ047-190814J001: Model: Telluride SX V6 AWD AUTO. EXT/INT SWP/LBR Y
This looks good. Hopefully your Telluride will be coming soon. Just make sure you hang onto that order and don't accept any offers from the dealer to cancel it in place of an alternate vehicle.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
How do you know when it's in KFOS?
Working with a really good dealership in the Dallas, TX area that communicates with me on where I am in the process. @StephenCantrelle has been great. Your dealership should be able to tell you how many allocations they are getting each month and how many people are in front of you. Then when they have an allocation open up they enter it into KFOS - then you have another 60 days to wait. I think this is correct. Any of the dealers on here can correct me if I am wrong.

smpete06

Reaction score
Working with a really good dealership in the Dallas, TX area that communicates with me on where I am in the process. @StephenCantrelle has been great. Your dealership should be able to tell you how many allocations they are getting each month and how many people are in front of you. Then when they have an allocation open up they enter it into KFOS - then you have another 60 days to wait. I think this is correct. Any of the dealers on here can correct me if I am wrong.
Is it always 60days? My Dealership said that mine will "be here in March!" but they wouldn't have an ETA until 2/19 (tomorrow). Am I to assume that tomorrow is their KFOS day and thats why they will have a better ETA? Just wondering how my dealership knew March was my month but they couldn't give an ETA until tomorrow.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Is it always 60days? My Dealership said that mine will "be here in March!" but they wouldn't have an ETA until 2/19 (tomorrow). Am I to assume that tomorrow is their KFOS day and thats why they will have a better ETA? Just wondering how my dealership knew March was my month but they couldn't give an ETA until tomorrow.
Depends on location from Factory.. May have a time difference.. and orders are being committed today as we speak.. so should have answer today or tomorrow as far as first ETA.

smpete06

Reaction score
Depends on location from Factory.. May have a time difference.. and orders are being committed today as we speak.. so should have answer today or tomorrow as far as first ETA.
So I contacted them today and asked - they still dont have any sort of ETA which I think is hard to believe.

If it truly went in yesterday, when would they get an ETA?

MichelleHildeb7

Reaction score
So I contacted them today and asked - they still dont have any sort of ETA which I think is hard to believe.

If it truly went in yesterday, when would they get an ETA?
From my experience so far, dealerships put orders into their system, you get a "Request id" or order id. The manufacteruer doesn't tell the dealers when they are going to "pick up" any of the orders the dealerships put in. Larger volume dealerships will get a larger allocation of Tellurides each month so they'll be able to cycle through their special orders faster than a smaller volume dealer. I found out that I ordered through a small dealer. My special order took 7 months to get "picked up", and now that it has, the dealership has been given an ETA in April. So for me, the time from when the order is picked up to ETA is about 7 weeks.

MichelleHildeb7

Reaction score
This looks good. Hopefully your Telluride will be coming soon. Just make sure you hang onto that order and don't accept any offers from the dealer to cancel it in place of an alternate vehicle.
Just heard back that the order was "picked up" and ETA is April. I might just hit a record at, -close to- 9 months from order to receive. I guess we'll see if it works out that way. Take care and thanks for your feedback!

smpete06

Reaction score
From my experience so far, dealerships put orders into their system, you get a "Request id" or order id. The manufacteruer doesn't tell the dealers when they are going to "pick up" any of the orders the dealerships put in. Larger volume dealerships will get a larger allocation of Tellurides each month so they'll be able to cycle through their special orders faster than a smaller volume dealer. I found out that I ordered through a small dealer. My special order took 7 months to get "picked up", and now that it has, the dealership has been given an ETA in April. So for me, the time from when the order is picked up to ETA is about 7 weeks.
Yea I know all that. I ordered back in November and have the Request ID from back then. I'm fairly sure mine just got allocated this Month as they told me it would be here in March last week.

I just think it is weird that they weren't able to give me an ETA since last week I was told "You'll have an ETA on Wednesday" and now today they said they didn't have it yet. The dealership hasn't been shady at all - It just feels like they are afraid to tell me anything that might get changed.

bh26

Reaction score
Yea I know all that. I ordered back in November and have the Request ID from back then. I'm fairly sure mine just got allocated this Month as they told me it would be here in March last week.

I just think it is weird that they weren't able to give me an ETA since last week I was told "You'll have an ETA on Wednesday" and now today they said they didn't have it yet. The dealership hasn't been shady at all - It just feels like they are afraid to tell me anything that might get changed.
Our order was put into KFOS on Saturday. We checked with the dealer today and they hadn't received ETA's yet either.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

alexdrums

Reaction score
Just heard back that the order was "picked up" and ETA is April. I might just hit a record at, -close to- 9 months from order to receive. I guess we'll see if it works out that way. Take care and thanks for your feedback!
Sure. Good to hear your baby is supposed to be due within 9 months! 😂 😂
I actually tried to place an order with Camelback last year, but they wouldn’t follow up with me. I ended up going with Muncie.

CCM

Reaction score
We just joined the forum. We ordered an EX moss green with gray leather interior with the tow package on 8/17/19, so it’s been a little over 6 months and haven’t heard anything from our dealer. Our sales person was very responsive the first 2 months then went dark not replying to emails or phone calls. Initially he said it would take 8-12 weeks for delivery. We put a $500 deposit down and within a few days he emailed to say Kia had accepted our order, but I didn’t get anything official from the factory.
The dealer is Suntrup Kia in the St. Louis, MO area. Has anyone had positive or negative experience with them?
Based on the VIn number spreadsheet found on this forum, the dealer seems to receive a lot tellurides.
As of last week, they couldn’t give us any info regarding the estimated delivery date or VIN allocation date. The sales manager was supposed to call us back, but as usual, silence. We tried contacting them today. We’re hoping
to hear back.....

hansim4

Reaction score
I am a newbie here so apologize if this is a dumb question. When I look up the inventory from below site, I found what I was looking for with a VIN created date of 1/29/2020. Does any one know when this vehicle will actually arrive at the dealer?

Thank you!

jdaake07

Reaction score
I am a newbie here so apologize if this is a dumb question. When I look up the inventory from below site, I found what I was looking for with a VIN created date of 1/29/2020. Does any one know when this vehicle will actually arrive at the dealer?

Thank you!
Depending on location, it’s likely already there. The ones destined to my local dealership in Nebraska have theirs from that week. Mine was built on 02/08 and is supposed to deliver around March 5th.

wcarlson40

Reaction score

Thank you!
Keep in mind, too, that whether or not the vehicle is at the dealer or not yet, that the majority of these VINs are already accounted for and sold to the people that ordered them 4-6 months ago. It's not like you can just find a car on there and go buy it.....

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
We just joined the forum. We ordered an EX moss green with gray leather interior with the tow package on 8/17/19, so it’s been a little over 6 months and haven’t heard anything from our dealer. Our sales person was very responsive the first 2 months then went dark not replying to emails or phone calls. Initially he said it would take 8-12 weeks for delivery. We put a $500 deposit down and within a few days he emailed to say Kia had accepted our order, but I didn’t get anything official from the factory.
The dealer is Suntrup Kia in the St. Louis, MO area. Has anyone had positive or negative experience with them?
Based on the VIn number spreadsheet found on this forum, the dealer seems to receive a lot tellurides.
As of last week, they couldn’t give us any info regarding the estimated delivery date or VIN allocation date. The sales manager was supposed to call us back, but as usual, silence. We tried contacting them today. We’re hoping
to hear back.....
We have heard very bad experiences unfortunately.

Quesarasara

Reaction score
Y'all, I am so mad I am just about ready to take a hostage.

I ordered my Gravity Gray SXP from Edwards Kia in Council Bluffs IA (Dealer code IA006) on 8/24/19. I've been patient, I've been understanding, resigned to the wait but encouraged by stories of people who ordered around the same time finally getting their vehicles. I emailed my salesperson last week for an update, and when I didn't hear back (which was unusual) I called and learned he no longer works there--and when I asked the new salesperson for an update he said, and I quote, "I don't have any good news, I can see through the end of May and yours isn't coming yet."

I put on my very best disappointed parent voice, got the sales manager on the phone, who talked in circles about my 'place on the list' (reported as third a few weeks ago, but now somehow mysteriously 12th) and he increasingly flustered with me as I parried all his excuses with facts (thank you VIN lookup tool and other people on this forum!!). By the end of the call he "Promises" that his very next SXP allocation (which they get the third week of every month??) will be mine...which I don't believe, not for a SECOND.

I hung up the phone, immediately dialed their competitor, confirmed their purported allocations and waiting time with information on the VIN lookup tool and some ninja googling, and put in a new order with them today. Which I should have done six damn months ago, but purposely didn't because--though larger--H&H Kia left a bad taste in my mouth when I bought my 2014 Sportage from them. To their credit, they listened to my very salty story, put in my order, provided me with a valid order number (something Edwards could never come up with) and gave me a 4-6 month window. While I was there this morning, four new tellurides were being picked up by their owners. So much for supporting smaller businesses, if anyone finds my scruples, please mail them back to me when you have a moment.

Long story short (but who are we kidding, I've never told a short story in my life) I've got TWO Tellys on order, and now I KEEP WAITING to see which one comes first.

Honestly, I wish I liked ANY other car as much as the Telluride, because I'd be driving it right now...

Pretty sure this whole experience is going to give me high blood pressure...

Last edited: