No soliciting permitted.

Order to delivery time

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Y'all, I am so mad I am just about ready to take a hostage.

I ordered my Gravity Gray SXP from Edwards Kia in Council Bluffs IA (Dealer code IA006) on 8/24/19. I've been patient, I've been understanding, resigned to the wait but encouraged by stories of people who ordered around the same time finally getting their vehicles. I emailed my salesperson last week for an update, and when I didn't hear back (which was unusual) I called and learned he no longer works there--and when I asked the new salesperson for an update he said, and I quote, "I don't have any good news, I can see through the end of May and yours isn't coming yet."

I put on my very best disappointed parent voice, got the sales manager on the phone, who talked in circles about my 'place on the list' (reported as third a few weeks ago, but now somehow mysteriously 12th) and got he increasingly flustered with me as I parried all his excuses with facts (thank you VIN lookup tool and other people on this forum!!). By the end of the call he "Promises" that his very next SXP allocation (which they get the third week of every month??) will be mine...which I don't believe, not for a SECOND.

I hung up the phone, immediately dialed their competitor, jived their purported allocations and waiting time with information on the VIN lookup tool and some ninja googling, and put in a new order with them today. Which I should have done six damn months ago, but purposely didn't because--though larger--H&H Kia left a bad taste in my mouth when I bought my 2014 Sportage from them. To their credit, they listened to my very salty story, put in my order, provided me with a valid order number (something Edwards could never come up with) and gave me a 4-6 month window. While I was there this morning, four new tellurides were being picked up by their owners.

Long story short (but who are we kidding, I've never told a short story in my life) I've got TWO Tellys on order, and now I KEEP WAITING to see which one comes first.

Honestly, I wish I liked ANY other car as much as the Telluride, because I'd be driving it right now...

Pretty sure this whole experience is going to give me high blood pressure...
Please...... Let us live! Hostages are not worth it. Especially the ones found on here. 🤣

jdaake07

Reaction score

I ordered my Gravity Gray SXP from Edwards Kia in Council Bluffs IA (Dealer code IA006) on 8/24/19. I've been patient, I've been understanding, resigned to the wait but encouraged by stories of people who ordered around the same time finally getting their vehicles. I emailed my salesperson last week for an update, and when I didn't hear back (which was unusual) I called and learned he no longer works there--and when I asked the new salesperson for an update he said, and I quote, "I don't have any good news, I can see through the end of May and yours isn't coming yet."

I put on my very best disappointed parent voice, got the sales manager on the phone, who talked in circles about my 'place on the list' (reported as third a few weeks ago, but now somehow mysteriously 12th) and he increasingly flustered with me as I parried all his excuses with facts (thank you VIN lookup tool and other people on this forum!!). By the end of the call he "Promises" that his very next SXP allocation (which they get the third week of every month??) will be mine...which I don't believe, not for a SECOND.

I hung up the phone, immediately dialed their competitor, confirmed their purported allocations and waiting time with information on the VIN lookup tool and some ninja googling, and put in a new order with them today. Which I should have done six damn months ago, but purposely didn't because--though larger--H&H Kia left a bad taste in my mouth when I bought my 2014 Sportage from them. To their credit, they listened to my very salty story, put in my order, provided me with a valid order number (something Edwards could never come up with) and gave me a 4-6 month window. While I was there this morning, four new tellurides were being picked up by their owners. So much for supporting smaller businesses, if anyone finds my scruples, please mail them back to me when you have a moment.

Long story short (but who are we kidding, I've never told a short story in my life) I've got TWO Tellys on order, and now I KEEP WAITING to see which one comes first.

Honestly, I wish I liked ANY other car as much as the Telluride, because I'd be driving it right now...

H&H simply does way more volume than anyone else near by. I’ll be ordering my second SX from them on Monday. It will be right at 5 months for the first one once it’s delivered.

Proactive communication wasn’t great but they always responded to my emails. My trade appraisal was also brutal but I’m selling to Vroom for $5k more so no issue there.

Quesarasara

Reaction score
H&H simply does way more volume than anyone else near by. I’ll be ordering my second SX from them on Monday. It will be right at 5 months for the first one once it’s delivered.

Proactive communication wasn’t great but they always responded to my emails. My trade appraisal was also brutal but I’m selling to Vroom for $5k more so no issue there.
Good to know re: trade value. I’ll see what kind of deal I can get elsewhere.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score

I put on my very best disappointed parent voice, got the sales manager on the phone, who talked in circles about my 'place on the list' (reported as third a few weeks ago, but now somehow mysteriously 12th) and he increasingly flustered with me as I parried all his excuses with facts (thank you VIN lookup tool and other people on this forum!!). By the end of the call he "Promises" that his very next SXP allocation (which they get the third week of every month??) will be mine...which I don't believe, not for a SECOND.

I hung up the phone, immediately dialed their competitor, confirmed their purported allocations and waiting time with information on the VIN lookup tool and some ninja googling, and put in a new order with them today. Which I should have done six damn months ago, but purposely didn't because--though larger--H&H Kia left a bad taste in my mouth when I bought my 2014 Sportage from them. To their credit, they listened to my very salty story, put in my order, provided me with a valid order number (something Edwards could never come up with) and gave me a 4-6 month window. While I was there this morning, four new tellurides were being picked up by their owners. So much for supporting smaller businesses, if anyone finds my scruples, please mail them back to me when you have a moment.

At this point - I would be tempted to just hold out for a 2021. I can not believe this happened to you. This ordering nonsense is driving lots of people crazy - but I think your story is the worst yet. I keep saying this - but KIA needs to stop shipping vehicles to dealerships that just add a mark up and let it sit on their lots...and instead prioritize filling the months and months of backlog. Best of luck to you. I hope you get one soon.

pbinde

Reaction score

Second one? one color weekdays another for weekends haha?

bh26

Reaction score
Yea I know all that. I ordered back in November and have the Request ID from back then. I'm fairly sure mine just got allocated this Month as they told me it would be here in March last week.

I just think it is weird that they weren't able to give me an ETA since last week I was told "You'll have an ETA on Wednesday" and now today they said they didn't have it yet. The dealership hasn't been shady at all - It just feels like they are afraid to tell me anything that might get changed.
Smpete06, have you received an ETA yet? Our dealer sent us a screenshot showing what I think is now the Internal order number and our order with FA status but no ETA.

mach

Reaction score
So my VIN showed up today. Does that mean the Telly has been built? Or about to be? How long can I expect the wait to be now? Louisville area dealer.

blitt

Reaction score
My VIN showed up on Nov. 12.....the vehicle arrived at the dealership Nov. 23!

ETell

Reaction score
First off, a big thank you to everyone on this forum. Helped keep my sanity through this process. Here's my final timeline:
8-9-19 - Ordered SX AWD, Pearl White/Black with Tow package. The salesman told me that Kia Corporate says 6-10months, his managers say 4-6months and he had been getting orders in 3-4months.
12-7-19 - They reached out and gave me the option to take delivery of three other Tellurides (different colors and models) essetially arriving anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I told them I'd stick with original order.
1-15-20 - Got word that they expected delivery on 2-14-20
2-1-20 - Got word that the VIN had been created and ETA was pushed back to 2-20-20
2-20-20 - Got the call it arrived (of course i was traveling)
2-22-20 - Picked it up (rebate dropped from $1500 to $1000, which they had told me about earlier, the price increase was NOT included, and the trade in value stayed the same even though I had put on 10k miles)

They communicated all the way through, took a long time, but overall wasn't a bad experience.

blitt

Reaction score
First off, a big thank you to everyone on this forum. Helped keep my sanity through this process. Here's my final timeline:
8-9-19 - Ordered SX AWD, Pearl White/Black with Tow package. The salesman told me that Kia Corporate says 6-10months, his managers say 4-6months and he had been getting orders in 3-4months.
12-7-19 - They reached out and gave me the option to take delivery of three other Tellurides (different colors and models) essetially arriving anywhere from 2-4 weeks. I told them I'd stick with original order.
1-15-20 - Got word that they expected delivery on 2-14-20
2-1-20 - Got word that the VIN had been created and ETA was pushed back to 2-20-20
2-20-20 - Got the call it arrived (of course i was traveling)
2-22-20 - Picked it up (rebate dropped from $1500 to $1000, which they had told me about earlier, the price increase was NOT included, and the trade in value stayed the same even though I had put on 10k miles)

They communicated all the way through, took a long time, but overall wasn't a bad experience.
Congrats and enjoy!!!

smkt404

Reaction score

Who was the sales person?

Jadyas

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 12/30/19 was told it should be here beginning of April. I just got a call from the dealer yesterday telling me the order just got accepted and they gave a date for receiving the car which is May 5th. That is 4 months and couple days! BTW this dealership is one of the big ones here in Michigan. Did you guys pay a deposit to place the order? I paid $1000.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
I ordered mine on 12/30/19 was told it should be here beginning of April. I just got a call from the dealer yesterday telling me the order just got accepted and they gave a date for receiving the car which is May 5th. That is 4 months and couple days! BTW this dealership is one of the big ones here in Michigan. Did you guys pay a deposit to place the order? I paid $1000.
Four months isn't bad. Congrats!

raydog9379

Reaction score
Yes, most of us when we ordered placed a $500-1000 refundable deposit. I've seen a couple horror stories about people with non-refundable deposits, but few and far between (they'd make you sign a non-refundable addendum if you had one). In my case I found a car 3 hours away using the tools, so was able to quickly get my deposit back with a phone call after I got back from picking up the Telluride.

Funny part about the one I actually got, with the people that backed out (literally had 2 people put deposits down and back out on the car I purchased..Copper/Dune SXP w/ Tow... 1 lease wasn't up yet and exact duplicate was coming 1.5 months later, and other person decided it was too big after they drove it and ordered something else...pure luck) and whatnot, when I put down the deposit the night before going to pick it up... they just took a card # over the phone and never charged me. Prob. because I told them I was coming the next day from 3 hours away and had built up a pretty good rapport w/ the GSM in the calls we had, but I thought that was funny in the end.

newtelluride

Reaction score
Would you be paying new (increased) price?

B121

Reaction score
Fyi, referencing my other post here if anyone is interested, since there is more traffic on this thread. 🙂

raydog9379

Reaction score
Would you be paying new (increased) price?
Just doing a random search on the VIN tool, and it looks like all I pulled showed the new pricing on the window stickers. A few days ago it was a mixed bag of new vs. old pricing showing (prob. by when they were allocated). I picked up mine 2 weeks ago and paid old pricing as that is what was on the sticker.

So short answer, expect to pay new pricing going forward unless for some reason your sticker has the old pricing (i.e. a car prob. already built now). Plus incentives are about to change (I think they go through 3/2), I believe last time around in Jan they knocked off $500 on the finance incentive down to $1000 and the Lease Cash down to $2000 from $2500. Hopefully they don't do it again, but wouldn't shock me.

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
Just doing a random search on the VIN tool, and it looks like all I pulled showed the new pricing on the window stickers. A few days ago it was a mixed bag of new vs. old pricing showing (prob. by when they were allocated). I picked up mine 2 weeks ago and paid old pricing as that is what was on the sticker.

So short answer, expect to pay new pricing going forward unless for some reason your sticker has the old pricing (i.e. a car prob. already built now). Plus incentives are about to change (I think they go through 3/2), I believe last time around in Jan they knocked off $500 on the finance incentive down to $1000 and the Lease Cash down to $2000 from $2500. Hopefully they don't do it again, but wouldn't shock me.
Yu, I said the same thing Kia is lining their pockets little by little. I liked them better as underdogs. Too bad I just can't fall in love with the Atlas!